ORAS What New & Returning Features Do You Want in OR / AS?

Reggie McGigas

-
This thread is for discussing new features or old ones you want back in the new games.

Obviously, I want the old feature of walking with your main Pokémon. It would be hard to pull off in 3D but still amazing.

I also want a feature where you can have a trading station and trade items with other players and NPCs.

RE: What New Features Do You Want in OR/AS?

I'm literally BEGGING that this time around StreetPass will actually have a use. In XY it was completely bullshit what they did with it, and with all that potential too. This time they better get it right...

[split] Hopes and Expectations for New (Mega) Pokémon in "Omega Ruby" and "Alpha Sapphire"

If they bring walking pokemon back, i'd like for it to be optional and not have to be the pokemon in your lead slot.

My like button called in sick, so 'like'

A feature where every time you streetpass you get an item would be cool. Maybe every 10 items you'd get a good item, and every 50 you'd get a pokemon with a special attack or its hidden ability!

Example-
1-9 Streetpases = Pokeball or Super Potion
10th Streetpass = Ultra Ball
11-19 Streetpasses= Ultra Ball, Full Heal, Hyper Potion
20th Streetpass = Full Restore
and so on until
50 Streetpasses= Skarmory with Dragon Claw
100 Streetpasses= Golurk with Fire Punch, Ice Punch, and Thunder Punch

Every 100 or 150 streetpasses will be a legendary

you get the idea

Customization, removable hats, more clothing options for female characters.
Maybe we'll get clothing designs based on the Hoenn region.
Also, SECRET BASES.

Not to mention, walking around with your first Pokemon.

Vulpix-core said:
Customization, removable hats, more clothing options for female characters.
Maybe we'll get clothing designs based on the Hoenn region.
Also, SECRET BASES.

Not to mention, walking around with your first Pokemon.

Removable hats is a must have. I mean, hats are cool and stuff, but I'd like to be able to take them off.

Customization,
Zigzagar said:
I personally would like to have the option of not wearing hats, shirts or shoes and an addition to more accessories. Brendan would be hot shirtless . All of this is just my opinion so you don't have to agree.
Secret Bases and Pokemon Contests

Yes. Remove the hats. Everyone else in the games are so advanced they don't need one. Are we so impaired as to require something to cover our precious cranium at all times with a superfluous covering?

Reggie McGigas said:
My like button called in sick, so 'like'

A feature where every time you streetpass you get an item would be cool. Maybe every 10 items you'd get a good item, and every 50 you'd get a pokemon with a special attack or its hidden ability!

Example-
1-9 Streetpases = Pokeball or Super Potion
10th Streetpass = Ultra Ball
11-19 Streetpasses= Ultra Ball, Full Heal, Hyper Potion
20th Streetpass = Full Restore
and so on until
50 Streetpasses= Skarmory with Dragon Claw
100 Streetpasses= Golurk with Fire Punch, Ice Punch, and Thunder Punch

Every 100 or 150 streetpasses will be a legendary

you get the idea
I would get a legendary like every month... or more often... :B

If the trend of Devon co.'s research becoming successful continues, we'll likely get some way to talk to our Pokémon - possibly replacing Pokémon Amie.
One guy at Devon co. was trying to build a device to talk to Pokémon with, remember?

I'm not a fan of the whole walking with your Pokemon thing and honestly don't get the hype for it. If they did bring it back then they would have to go about doing proportions correctly. They had it easy in HGSS because they used sprites, but now that everything is in 3D they would have to create and render even more models of all the Pokemon and have to keep the environment in mind as well because some Pokemon would be way too big to be walked around with and would be colliding with buildings, trees, etc.

jdivinity said:
I'm not a fan of the whole walking with your Pokemon thing and honestly don't get the hype for it. If they did bring it back then they would have to go about doing proportions correctly. They had it easy in HGSS because they used sprites, but now that everything is in 3D they would have to create and render even more models of all the Pokemon and have to keep the environment in mind as well because some Pokemon would be way too big to be walked around with and would be colliding with buildings, trees, etc.
Actually they would have it just as easy as in HGSS. Nothing says they must scale the Pokémon right this time either.

But I really doubt this feature to return - unfortunately. :( But it's not impossible as it was really popular.

RE: What New Features Do You Want in OR / AS?

One of my favorite parts about RSE was the TV headlines that appeared announcing the events going on around the region. I doubt they'd remember to bring those back, but I'd be really happy if they did.

jdivinity said:

They already have the models and if they absolutely need to, they can always make lo-res ones.

And if they don't give me a floppy hat now, hell will rain over GF.

I wish they'd make it so you could ride your own pokémon.
I always found it too convenient that there just so happened to be a Rhyhorn or Mamoswine when you needed one.

1) I absolutely need the Battle Frontier in these games, I loved it in Emerald :)

2) The return of secret bases, They were so much fun, and it is a great idea to include the option to make one in a game with so much wireless interaction between players. I also want the option to place a "copy" of myself in my base so that my friends or strangers can battle me any time!

3) Some sort of plot around the space station in Mossdeep. We all dreamed of going to space when we first played R/S, and being able to actually do it in 3D would be awesome. They could also include either Jirachi or Deoxys as possible event Pokemon. I just thought that Team Magma and Team Aqua might think about going to space because they need meteors to make Mt. Chimney explode or prevent it from exploding (depends on your version).

4) I want some new areas in the games, much like they did in HG/SS or in FR/LG. Since many of the event Pokemon in R/S/E were located on islands belonging to the Sevii Islands I really want Gamefreak to include all the islands (and the event ones, such as Navel Rock etc.)

5) The return of contests. I think that contests were a fun little game mode to enjoy when you got tired of battles :)

6) MORE DIVING! I absolutely loved the diving in R/S/E!

7) More XY features such as the PSS and mega evolutions... Mega Zangoose and Seviper!

8) I also want a longer aftergame :) More islands belonging to Hoenn, Sevii Islands or moar legendaries!

So pumped! :D

From Serebii "...there has been some question as to the actual content of Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire, as to whether they're remakes or new versions due to the wording of the announcement. During the Investor Briefing today, Satoru Iwata confirmed that Pokémon Omega Ruby & Pokémon Alpha Sapphire are full-remakes of the 2002 releases, Pokémon Ruby & Sapphire."

Well there goes my theory of it being an entirely new region. But I do think we are going to see more cities/islands in the region (or maybe a second region like in HGSS with Kanto) with completely new pokemon, along with a large patch for X/Y that adds their data to the game.

Also I think they should fix Mirage Island, I NEVER found it in my games.

As the region and games that introduced Diving, I'd want them to go all out and make it amazing. I think the underwater scenery would be very pretty in 3D.

Personally, I'd like the Acro Bike to return. It added a fun spin to biking aside from just going around the world faster. Along with that would be the jumping platforms in the Safari Zone and the Jagged Pass.

I'd also like Hoenn's style of Contests to return. It was more strategic than Sinnoh's was, and I really had fun with it.

It's not a new feature, but considering it was only in R/S/E I really really want the Trick House to make a return.
With the graphic update (and possibly in 3D) it could really be amazing.

I also want to see Diving (although since it's required in the storyline it is likely it will be included) and the return of R/S/E style contests, as well as the Emerald Battle Frontier.

I definately want customization to return. I also want diving, contests, the battle frontier and I definately want secret bases. Megas could be implemented as well but not have such a main use as they did in X and Y. I hope they add walking Pokemon in certain areas too.

Back