What Music are You Listening to Lately? Why?

Chaos Ripper

Obsessed w/ TES-Oblivion, Lamb of God, and GH-WOR
Simple: talk about what music you like and what you are listening to currently (not this very second, though).

All pokebeach rules apply. I'll start off.

I am currently listening to a lot of metal lately, especially some Marilyn Manson and Linkin Park. Slipknot is also pretty awesome.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hey folks,

I just want to remind you all that this is no longer a 'free post' thread. Any and all posts need to contain more thought and investment. Try to add comments, opinions, brief analyses, reasons (i.e. "I'm listening to T-Swift's "Love Story" because it's so relevent to me right now and I just keep trying to figure out my place in this world and I just wonder every day if im too insecure or if I will grow up to live alone with 27 cats and I keep trying to convince daddy that we just love each other and there is nothing he can do about it.") etc. except we don't want to see run on sentences like that one. ha!

Previously this thread has essentially been nothing more than a favorite thread, no more of that. Here are some futher examples:

A suitable post:

Some Loser said:
Uh I suppose I like this song because Excision is a great artist, and anything remixed by Xilent (especially if it's UKF material) automatically gets on my music playlist on YouTube.

Another acceptable post, these kinds of discussion contributors are excellent.

Delta said:
pokemaister899 said:
So I only got one song from it, and I've been listening to it when working on on stuff:

- Wind Scene Link -

Dude. Hands down best track in Chrono Trigger. I used to just leave my DS on 600 AD and listen to this. I'd say Yasunori Mitsuda is one of the only composers that rivals Nabuo Uematsu.

I've been listening to a bit of White Stripes recently. Particularly Icky Thump and Elephant.

Lastly, here's an example of what we should not be seeing anymore. (not trying to call you out or anything alex :p)

alex said:
My Name Is by Eminem.

No more pointless posts, or this will just have to find a new home in the Chillax Zone. Also, you music lovers should consider contributing to THIS THREAD AS WELL. Thanks!

~ES

RE: What music are you listening to?

I don't think that Linkin Park or Marilyn Manson are exactly metal bands.

Sabaton, Across the Sun, and Hands Like Glass seem to be hitting me right now.

I wouldn't really define Linkin Park as "Metal", but whatever floats your boat. I'm listening to a lot of Techno lately, as opposed to Dubstep. Daft, deadmau5, Justice, the usual. I'm trying to find a couple of underground techno artists, but with limited success.

Recently I've been listening to a lot of music by The Brian Jonestown Massacre. I originally heard one of their songs as the amazing theme to the show Boardwalk Empire, and it prompted me to investigate their music. I recommend them to anyone who likes 90's indie rock.

Taylor Swift... that's not weird is it?

also Skillet, 3 Doors Down, and other "rock" music.

If you need some fresh music, I highly recommend:
Freelance Whales, Two Door Cinema Club, Matt Maher, Future of Forestry, Angels & Airwaves, Mumford & Sons, Avett Brothers, The Killers, Kyle Andrews, Mae, The Temper Trap, and Lydia.

^I used to love half of those. :]

Me? Dubstep, drumstep, grime. Check my Songs of the Week in my bio for particular stuff.
Mainly Example, Wretch 32, Prof Green, Tinie, SHM, Knife Party at the mo.

For the past while, I've been listening to lots of Green Day and Cryoshell, my two favorite bands.

The Dubstep that goes WUB WUB WUB WUB WUB DOO DOO DOO DOO WUB WUB

Gale said:
Recently I've been listening to a lot of music by The Brian Jonestown Massacre. I originally heard one of their songs as the amazing theme to the show Boardwalk Empire, and it prompted me to investigate their music. I recommend them to anyone who likes 90's indie rock.

This. And actually -- on top of this, I'd recommend the documentary DiG! It's about The Brian Jonestown Massacre and The Dandy Warhols (a band a bit more mainstream) and their friendship/rivalry. Pretty interesting, actually. To those who haven't heard of The Dandy Warhols, give them a shot.

The Bon Savants are also pretty sick. To my knowledge, they've only put out one EP a few years ago and a single last year. However, they're nonetheless fantastic.

thefleeee said:
The Dubstep that goes WUB WUB WUB WUB WUB DOO DOO DOO DOO WUB WUB

Oooh I love that one!

Pop Punk/Easycore motly. Close Your Eyes, Chunk! No, Captain Chunk!, Can't Bear This Party.

Also, I don't know if somebody has said this yet, but Link Park isn't metal.

ShadowLugia said:
I'm listening to a lot of Techno lately, as opposed to Dubstep. Daft, deadmau5, Justice, the usual. I'm trying to find a couple of underground techno artists, but with limited success.

You should check out Crystal Castles if you haven't already. They are probably my favorite techno band. Also, you could look at Innerpartysystem, which is an electronic/ rock mix (more electronic in their latest album). Midnight Conspiracy has some good techno remixes.

safariblade said:
If you need some fresh music, I highly recommend:
Freelance Whales, Two Door Cinema Club, Matt Maher, Future of Forestry, Angels & Airwaves, Mumford & Sons, Avett Brothers, The Killers, Kyle Andrews, Mae, The Temper Trap, and Lydia.

I like some of those bands, so I am guessing I will like the rest of them. I will have to check them out.

Anyway, what I am listening to now is some older Modest Mouse, of Montreal, Youth Lagoon, Grouplove, Portugal. The Man. Those are all indie/ alt rock.

[video=youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZstWuFAFnM8[/video]

I've been listening to Katy Perry, Lady Gaga, Nicki Minaj and some other pop artists.

lol at Linkin Park being metal.

I've been listing to a lot of The Offspring. If I remember, I'll get around to checking out bands mentioned in this thread.

/me np: Fly Like An Eagle - Seal

I tend to like a lot of rock music. Some songs I end up liking just from playing them in one of the Guitar Hero games.

/me np: Ever Dream - Nightwish

I'm mainly into older music from the 70s to the 90s (Elton John, The Carpenters, Bee Gees, Queen, Phil Collins, Madonna, Spice Girls, The Corrs, etc.) but for those of you who don't listen to symphonic metal, you're missing out on awesome. Go Youtube Nightwish nao.

Back