XY What kinds of locations would you like to see in the new region?

Zoroark316

5 time champion, going on 6.
What locations, routes, dungeons, and other things would you like to see in this new region? How big do you want it to be?

RE: What would you like to see in the new region?

Let's see:

-Regional design and size closer to Hoenn and Sinnoh, with plenty of backtracking and optional paths. If we ever get a region as small, linear, and clustered as Unova again, I'm done with Pokemon.
-I'm thinking at least 30-40 routes (with 5-10 of them set aside for post game), and about 15 or so cities (with maybe 2 or 3 in post game).
-Plenty of diverse environments throughout the game (so far I see a desert observatory, a forest, and a jungle, which is good).
-More than one or two water routes (at least 3 or 4 water routes in the main game).
-Bring Dive back to its former glory with fully explorable underwater environments.
-A snowy mountain area based on the Alps.
-Make the dungeons less simplistic than they were in Unova.

That's about all I can think of ATM. In general, I just don't want it to be like Unova, they killed exploration in BW.

Unova's design really made me want to punch a wall. I totally agree, NO MORE UNOVA DESIGNS!

I'd like to see a route that's dark and creepy, with lots of ghost, poison and dark type pokemon.
Also, some place with snow all around the year meaning all four seasons.

I'd like to see a fossil excavation site where you can actually dig for fossils (Kinda like in gen 4 but instead of underground, there would be a special area in the mountains where you can dig up fossils like in the fossil Pokémon episode of the anime)

Bolt the Cat said:
Let's see:

-Regional design and size closer to Hoenn and Sinnoh, with plenty of backtracking and optional paths. If we ever get a region as small, linear, and clustered as Unova again, I'm done with Pokemon.
-I'm thinking at least 30-40 routes (with 5-10 of them set aside for post game), and about 15 or so cities (with maybe 2 or 3 in post game).
-Plenty of diverse environments throughout the game (so far I see a desert observatory, a forest, and a jungle, which is good).
-More than one or two water routes (at least 3 or 4 water routes in the main game).
-Bring Dive back to its former glory with fully explorable underwater environments.

That's about all I can think of ATM. In general, I just don't want it to be like Unova, they killed exploration in BW.

15 Citys ? your asking for to much friend :)

Xerneas said:
Bolt the Cat said:
Let's see:

15 Citys ? your asking for to much friend :)

15 cities wouldn't be a big leap from what we have now. Actually, now that I think about it, Hoenn, Sinnoh and Unova actually had slightly more than that, so we might even get away with 20 total (with 3-5 post game)

I'd definitely like to see another Trick House. I loved the trick house in R/S/E and was disappointed when there wasn't one in D/P/P.

Shocker said:
I'd definitely like to see another Trick House. I loved the trick house in R/S/E and was disappointed when there wasn't one in D/P/P.

Yes, please. I love puzzles, it'd be nice to have another Trick House.

Also, they should let you replay the puzzles in this one after you've beaten them.

Bring back the underground. It was the ultimate multiplayer thing for me. Imagine excavating in 3d...

Oh and also, I kind of liked Unova, but Fire Red and Diamond were the best for me so hopefully a region like Sinnoh or Kanto. Jungles, nah.

reshiramdude said:
Bring back the underground. It was the ultimate multiplayer thing for me. Imagine excavating in 3d...

YES! I loved the underground. Bring it back or something similar. I didn't really like the entralink idea.

Mist said:
reshiramdude said:

YES! I loved the underground. Bring it back or something similar. I didn't really like the entralink idea.

Entralink was only really annoying because you couldn't actually explore with it without another player. If they were to combine that, the Underground, and Funfest, that'd be really neat.

The Underground in full 3D would be amazing. I loved it in D/P/P and I'd love to see it again.

I think it would be really cool to have a city that is completly on a beach, and it would pretty much be Atlantis, only with a few tents or makeshift buildings with people living in them. Story could go that the water levels lowered and left an ancient city, with archaeologists swarming the area. Heck, there could even be a giant tomb (sealed until the E4 is beaten) with some sort of water-type legendary.

Bolt the Cat said:
Entralink was only really annoying because you couldn't actually explore with it without another player. If they were to combine that, the Underground, and Funfest, that'd be really neat.

There are missions you can do solo.

King Arceus said:
Bolt the Cat said:

There are missions you can do solo.

In BW1? No you cannot, I just checked. That's not true of Funfest, there's certainly plenty of solo Funfest mission in BW2, but not BW1. You need to connect with someone else locally in order to do the missions.

King Arceus said:
I was referring to BW2.

Well yeah, but I think they were referring to BW1 actually. IDK. Anyway, yeah, I wouldn't mind the Underground being brought back with some Funfest features, that'd be awesome.

In the new region, I want to see an underwater route, like in ruby and sapphire. They brought back dive, but they could do so much more with it.

Underwater volcano with steam vents to really make full use of Dive, now that would be awesome. (And can bring fire/water types into play!) Well there kinda was a jungle in Hoenn, but it still looked more temperate than tropical. This is getting more region specific, but a giant lake with tons of islands in the center with major towns surrounding it and everything else filling the rest of the space. Really, just more water routes. I was disappointed with the lack of water routes in the last two generations. I am looking at you Sinnoh and Unova.

Back