XY What kind of Gym Types would you like to see in Gen 6?

Bolt the Cat said:
Here's a question:

If there is going to be a Dark type gym leader this game, what city would you fight him in? I'm not seeing anywhere on the map that would fit Dark that well.

Since when does the city have to match the gym's type?

I'm still rooting for a good Poison Gym. I'm glad we finally got a proper one with Virbank (i.e. actually based around Poison as a type and not on status effects like Fuchsia was), and Roxie's design was flawless, but it was way too easy even for a second Gym, and it seemed like it got shoved aside as an afterthought in order to shove Pokéstar Studios down our throats.

Proceeded said:
zappy80 said:
Bug is confirmed as first gym fairy is rumoured second by the leak on this sight fightning is rumoured 3rd on this sight. I agree grass could be one because of that trailer where the PC for boys lost his sunglasses. Grant is definitely rock and Clemont is probably electric or steel. Both of those are gyms so most of your list is probably wrong.

I don't care what the information says. That's the order I want them in. I can dream can't I?

Ok fair enough but I just want the rumoured and dark :p

I wish they'd make dual type Gym leaders, like Dragon and Water? It'd be interesting and make for a more proper challenge. But anyways, I do hope to see the return of a Wallace/Juan-esque Gym (meaning Water-types with a hint of Ice-type), or even a Normal gym (make it a later gym, it makes for bit of a challenge, remember Norman?).

As for types I would want the gymsto be this generation (in no particular order)

I would like Bug (confirmed)
Rock (a strong rock type gym for once would be cool)
Dark (needs and deserves a gym)
Fairy (New type, new gym)
Fire (Only have two and last one was Flannery, soon to be 3 generations ago)
Grass (Only have 2, and make this one a guy this time!)
Psychic (Last had one 3 gens ago too, and I am tired of psychic as an Elite 4 type)
Ghost (I like ghost types, and I would rather have a third ghost gym than another Elite 4 ghost trainer)

Although I expect to see fighting based on what the leaker said, I just would rather not. And seeing Clemont's design, I expect him to be Steel or Electric. I would rather him be steel though. Too many electric gyms! Also, no more water gyms please! Also I want the final gym to be a different type. So far they have been ground, dragon, water, electric, and then dragon and water again. Do a new type for final gym. Something difficult and not done before.

As for Elite 4, I would like them to be something like this. Types that we don't see used much and types that can provide some challenge or something different.

Poison (my personal favourite type)
Steel (It's a super defensive type, could make for a strong elite 4 member.)
Flying or Dragon maybe (dragon is done a lot, but hey, we can toss it in just because it's cool)
Electric

Champion would use multiple types. I prefer Champions like Blue or Cynthia (my favourite champion) to ones like Iris and Wallace. One that uses just one type just doesn't feel as difficult and they just seem like another leader along the way. They don't feel like the champion that took everyone else down.

Now with the "newly" announced Fairy Type , I would like this Gyms in Pokemon X/Y :

First Gym : Bug

Second Gym : Poison

Third Gym : Ground

Fourth Gym :Steel

Fifth Gym : Grass

Sixth Gym : Fire

Seventh Gym : Psychic

Eighth Gym : Dark

Elite Four : Rock , Ghost , Normal , Fairy

Champion : Mixed Types

And I thought about the possibility to change members of the Elite Four after the first challenge , so a wider range of Types would occur. For example : The Rocktype Elite Four changes into Flyingtype.

Back