Ruling What is?

It's a deck that can start attack by t2, which is known as turn 2. An example is t2Banette. It uses Shuppet CG to get a Banette on t1, then by t2, you can start attacking.

A T2 deck is a deck that always gets its full setup on T2. As Blazing_Monkey said Bannette is a T2 deck because Shuppet's Ascension let's you search your deck for Banette. I'll give you a run-down on the most common/used T2 decks.

T2B = Start with Shuppet CG's attack Ascension to search your deck for Banette SW and evolve Shuppet. Next turn use a discard supporter/Lunatone GE (nice card to have in the deck) to discard a Banette in your hand and then either do up to 80 damage with ghost head or hit for 80 with Banette's second attack. Rare candy works in this deck.

Quicketune (T2K) = A deck that uses lots of balls and celio's to get four Kricketot in play T1/2. T2 evolve to Kricketune and start hitting for 80. DO NOT USE RARE CANDY IN THIS DECK. Play 4 PlusPower and Stregnth Charm. 4 quickball, 4 celio's, 4 roseanne's and 4 greatball.

T2Doom = A deck that uses Houndoom GE to attack with massive damage T2. Not as good as T2B. Play celio's and pluspowers.

What are the best ways to combat a T2 deck? If he is already doing 80 damage on turn 2, how am I supposed to build up my Pokemon?

Ranger7722 said:
What are the best ways to combat a T2 deck? If he is already doing 80 damage on turn 2, how am I supposed to build up my Pokemon?
The thing is, they're not very strong after the first few turns, so you just build up stuff on the bench and attack when you are ready.

Back