Pokemon What Is the Worst Gym Leader Design in Your Opinion?

zappy800

loves dat rain<3
Hello all! So I was looking on a youtubers channel and saw he was going to fight Drayden. Then I realized I hate Drayden's beard it just ruins him for me. So it got me thinking. What's the worst gym leader design? My votes for him. Keep in mind this is for anime, manga, and of course the games. Although for the manga (maybe even the anime) you should have a picture of the gym leader for those who don't look at those.

Draydan needs to shave a little bit so we will be able to see his mouth.
I also think Byron from Canalave looks bad . He looks like a homeless with his cloths.
Oh and most gym leaders design looks bad in the anime IMO

scattered mind said:
Draydan needs to shave a little bit so we will be able to see his mouth.
I also think Byron from Canalave looks bad . He looks like a homeless with his cloths.
Oh and most gym leaders design looks bad in the anime IMO

Yeah the anime screws up their designs. I still don't know why Lt. Surge is so tan on the show.

So far, I dislike all of Kalos' Gym leaders, with the exception being that female photographer (I don't even recall their names). The blonde boy looks a freak child with those "opaque" glasses and jumpsuit, the black dude has an akward hair that looks like he has been decorating it with Sableye's jewels, but the worse is that girl on rollerblades that calls herself Lady something...she's just ridiculous. Compared to this, Drayden seems fine.

Leaf_Ranger said:
So far, I dislike all of Kalos' Gym leaders, with the exception being that female photographer (I don't even recall their names). The blonde boy looks a freak child with those "opaque" glasses and jumpsuit, the black dude has an akward hair that looks like he has been decorating it with Sableye's jewels, but the worse is that girl on rollerblades that calls herself Lady something...she's just ridiculous. Compared to this, Drayden seems fine.

Originally I though Grant was a Bug type GL, because those things in his hair remind me of Spewpa, but instead the Viola is the bug one.
I also don't like the names of the Kalos GLs, coz usually GLs are named on the type of Pokémon they use, but instead they're given random French names.

Blob55 said:
Leaf_Ranger said:

Originally I though Grant was a Bug type GL, because those things in his hair remind me of Spewpa, but instead the Viola is the bug one.
I also don't like the names of the Kalos GLs, coz usually GLs are named on the type of Pokémon they use, but instead they're given random French names.
Grant=Granite Someone else say the others since I forgot what they could be.:p

zappy800 said:
Blob55 said:
Grant=Granite Someone else say the others since I forgot what they could be.:p

Clemont and Korrina.

Yeah I don't really like the nerdy kid with the Aipom hands. Looks like a huge dork. But I think if he can shut up about whatever his passion is for five minutes then he's already better than Cilan and I'd welcome him with open arms.

zappy800 said:
Yeah the anime screws up their designs. I still don't know why Lt. Surge is so tan on the show.
Because he apparently loves spray on tans, duh :p

Anyways I'm not a big fan of Skyla or Marlon's designs. They just don't look all that great to me >.>

I never cared for Crasher Wake. Just a strange outfit dude, what's up with your mask? You copying Bane?

On another note, love Lt. Surge!

nightkeeper said:
I never cared for Crasher Wake. Just a strange outfit dude, what's up with your mask? You copying Bane?

What I never got about Crasher Wake, is why does he look like a Wrestler, even though you fight him AFTER the Fighting-type GL?

Blob55 said:
nightkeeper said:

What I never got about Crasher Wake, is why does he look like a Wrestler, even though you fight him AFTER the Fighting-type GL?

He's a wrestler with an aquatic theme, he probably gravitates more towards water types like how Blaine is a quiz master yet has nothing to do with psychic types.

I honestly dislike Most of sinnoh's gym leader designs, they don't seem very "official" and look plain. For example, Candice doesn't look unique at all, the npcs in her gym look more standoutish than she does.

Also, even though I love gen 3, some of their gym leaders were just as bland, namely brawly, Winona, and Roxanne

I never liked Brawly. He just looks like a random surfer dude who's always trying to impress the babes. Also I don't remember him acting anything like a Gym Leader.

nightkeeper said:

I just imagined wake breaking barry. Too bad that never happened in the game.

BW2 elesa, she was perfect in BW, then they had to give her black hair, antennas, non-matching slippers and a dead mareep in her shoulders, and don't get me started on her clothes... awful, just awful.

Gardenia.

I can't seem to understand her fashion sense at all.

Also, Jasmine.
She is probably the most plain-looking Gym Leader ever.
Looks like a random NPC than a Steel-type Leader with Steelix.

professorlight said:
BW2 elesa, she was perfect in BW, then they had to give her black hair, antennas, non-matching slippers and a dead mareep in her shoulders, and don't get me started on her clothes... awful, just awful.

Although her change makes sense. She is a fashion model and icon. Fashion changes over time, so it works. I also kind of liked her change.

I don't really like Roxanne's look or Wattson's. I don't like Wattson in general. Wish his gym was different typing. One electric type introduced in gen 3 (not counting gimmiky Plusle and Minun) and he gets a gym. Bleh! Gen 3's gymleaders were all kind of plain though except for Juan and Flannery a bit. Or maybe it's jus the colours. Everything seems so drab and pastel.

Chuck always looked kind of boring to me, but I guess his design does make sense for what he does. And if I can toss in an Elite 4 member, I hate Flint's design. He looks like Ronald McDonald.

Leaf_Ranger said:

This Is exactly how I feel.

Oh yeah, I think that Iris from BW2 looks like she's at a wedding. Really?

Reggie McGigas said:
Leaf_Ranger said:

This Is exactly how I feel.

Oh yeah, I think that Iris from BW2 looks like she's at a wedding. Really?

Also, at the beginning of the battle, it looks like her clothes are strangling her.

Fantina and Burgh. Fantina looks like a man, and Burgh is completely without any redeeming qualities. Maybe it's because I find Burgh to be a stereotypical representation of flamboyant or feminine male artists, but I just don't like the design at all.

Back