What is the best way to store your Pokemon card collection

PokeGB

Aspiring Trainer
Hello, I know this question has surfaced before but after reading through various threads on various websites I am unable to make a set decision.

At present I just have my cards in ultra pro premium series 9 pocket pages with just one card per slot.

I want to make sure I keep my cards as mint as possible, so am I better keeping them as they are with a little breathing space should I do one of the following;

1) put each card into individual ultra pro premium card sleeves and then into ultra pro premium pocket pages (again 1 card per pocket)

Or

2) put each card into a perfect fit card sleeves then into ultra pro premium card sleeves and then into the ultra pro premium pocket pages (again 1 card per pocket)

Thanks in advance everyone :)

Also with the 2nd option, could yous also advise me on any perfect fit card sleeves (preferably ultra pro) and link me to some as I am having no good finding any perfect fit ones), I prefer clear card sleeves as o like to show both the front and back of my cards.

Thanks again

The problem I have found with perfect fit sleeves is that putting cards in them can actually damage edges. I find this to happen mostly on older cards that may already have some very slight damage. Some perfect fit sleeves are a little loose around the edges, so the edges of the cards do not rub against the sleeve. But I've also had sleeves that were so snug that I had to really push on the card to get it in the sleeve.

I think perfect fit sleeves with a deck sleeve and then in a binder page is the best option if you are VERY careful with your cards. Otherwise, I would opt for just putting your cards upside down in a deck sleeve and then putting it in your binder page.

The key to keeping holo cards mint is to have no areas for dust to sneak into the sleeves. :)

They are called ultra pro pro fit. The only problem you will have with them is width. Some of them are not quite wide enough for the card and will give card a slight bow. If its a small bow and i have alot of cards in the binder i dont worry cause the weight will keep the card level. Some cards just wont fit for whatever reason and in that case i generally dont use a sleeve.

I have my cards in KMC perfect fit sleeves than in to KMC deck protectors at the minute. I find when I then put them in my ultra Pro pocket pages they store a lot of air in the sleeves, I'm not sure but will this eventually damage the cards by either bending them or by an other means of damage? Any further information is greatly welcomed, thanks

The best thing to do is put in 18 cards per page in binder pages. Ultra Pro is the best quality type of pages you can get. However most stores don't have them so get Avery if you can't get Ultra Pro anymore. Then on each page put your rares in Ultra Pro sleeves or any clear sleeve that is not to wide for the card slot. I have a few sleeves where the card will not fit in the middle slots of the page because the sleeve is too wide so I had to take those out of the sleeves. After you protect your cards put each card back to back in your pages so you have 18 cards per page because the back of the card is always the same plus you will have more room this way and have to buy less card holders. In 2004 I last bought card holders. I now have 3,562 cards and just bought card holders for the first time in like 8 years. That is because I bought a box of 100 pages and had enough room for over 3,600 cards XD. You should only be buying holders every 3,600 cards rather than just 1,800 cards XD. Makes a HUGE difference when you put your cards back to back XD.:)

Back