Help What is the best Standard Zoroark variant?

Chicken Nugget Master

I had the munchies when I came up with my username
I'm a little bit stuck on which Zoroark variant I should play, as there are a lot. I currently play ZoroPod, but I feel like it's time for me to change decks. With that in mind, I wanted to know your thoughts on the best Zoroark variant so I don't end up overspending on cards that I won't use. I'm thinking of going ZoroVoir, but that deck plays cards such as Mew-EX which costs $/£20 and will only last until next rotation, so I also don't want to buy any costly cards that will be rotated out this year. Any help would be much appreciated.

I haven't played any but the Lycanroc version, but it does quite well. Bloodthirsty Eyes makes for some excellent board control and Rogus GX can threaten OHKO potential against most of the more dangerous targets.

Lycanrock and Gardevoir are the two best variants atm imo. Lycanrock is faster and a little more consistent while Garde has more overall versatility.

Mew is a valid tech in any Zoroark variant so don't think that only Zorogarde gets any utility out of it. It's for dealing with Buzzwole which is the star of the main anti-zoroark deck. I've run it in Zoro/Lycan to great success. Mewtwo EVO is also used in the same role as that Mew, but it's a tradeoff. It's more situational in its ability to deal with Buzzwole, but also only a one prize card.

Thanks for the help, so either ZoroRoc or ZoroVoir is on the table. As you said, Gardy is more versatile so I'm leaning towards it at the moment. I looked at the list Tord and the Schulz brothers played, and I'm not too far off in terms of what cards I already have.

They're all viable. Zoroark/Gardevoir is versatile, Zoroark/Lycanroc is fast, Zoroark/Golisopod is consistent. Zoroark is just too good, haha.

Zoroark is like Guile's Theme: it goes with (almost) everything.

While not the best, no one's mentioned Zoroark/Weavile. Consistent and can hit for very large numbers, and will last you during next format.

And no one has mentioned Zoroark / Decidueye, or Zoroark / Glaceon. Zoroark is just too good indeed!

And I don't see why Zoroark / Weavile is not the best, considering it got 1st and 2nd place at Malmo Regionals last weekend. In the end I agree I guess, but it's quite good at the moment!

Or Zoroark/Lucario, seeing as Lucario GX will most likely be partnered with it. So that makes 7 Zoro partners and counting to choose from.

Back