Pokemon What if Pokémon Had Different Evolutionary Lines and Types?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blob55

Aspiring Trainer
What if male Combee evolved into Beedrill? What if Venonat really DID evolve into Butterfree? I also have ideas for what-if evolutions and Pokédex Entries.

What if Bagon didn't want to fly?
Spr_4d_371.png
Dragon
Bagon, the Rock Head Pokémon. This Pokémon constantly falls off cliffs and headbutts rocks below, to improve the sturdiness of its skull.
Spr_4d_372.png
Dragon/Rock
Shelgon, the Endurance Pokémon. In a journey to increase its resilience, Bagon evolve into Shelgon. The shell is very hard and bounces off enemy attacks.
Spr_5b_526.png
Dragon/Rock
Lithigon, the Compressed Pokémon. This Pokémon has the power to destroy Mountains and is well known for being the sturdiest of all Dragon Types.

In case you're wondering about how Shelgon evolved into a Pokémon with Red spikes, the red-orange stripes on its legs expand into the spikes covering Lilithgon's body.

I think if the Bagon line were to eventually become Gigalith, then Rock would be a more fitting first type (ie Bagon is Rock, then becomes Rock/Dragon), as the rocky aspect is more prominent and the Dragon seems more of an on-the-side thing.

One thing I though up:

Spr_5b_147.png
- Water

Spr_5b_148.png
- Water

Spr_4p_350_m.png
- Water/Fairy

sea serpents rule, this is less of a gyara counterpart as its own individual thing.

One other thing I though of, would be that there would a supercocoon Pokemon that could evolve into: Butterfree with a pollen item, Beedrill with a stinger item, Dustox with a powder item and Beautifly with a nectar item.
(I deliberately left out Vivillon as the whole different region-different pattern thing sets it apart, and Volcarona because thats more of a sacred, powerful Pokemon as opposed to a weak earlygame bug)

I really like both of your ideas :)
Larvitar and Pupitar has always looked kinda bug'ish to me, so I thought I'd do "my own" Larvitar line:

246.png
- Bug/Rock
247.png
- Bug/Rock
330.png
- Bug/Dragon
Or
612.png
- Bug/Dragon or Rock

And hostile fishies:

550-b.png
- Water/Dark or Dragon
130-f.png
- Water/Dark or Dragon

Not sure what type suits them best so I just put both types there :)

I wouldn't mind:

Pachirisu --> Emolga

Dedenne --> Raichu

Luvdisc --> Alohamola

Cacnea --> Maractus --> Cacturne OR Cacnea --> Canevine

His Goominess said:
One other thing I though of, would be that there would a supercocoon Pokemon that could evolve into: Butterfree with a pollen item, Beedrill with a stinger item, Dustox with a powder item and Beautifly with a nectar item.
(I deliberately left out Vivillon as the whole different region-different pattern thing sets it apart, and Volcarona because thats more of a sacred, powerful Pokemon as opposed to a weak earlygame bug)

What about Venomoth and Masquerain?

Blob55 said:
His Goominess said:

Don't forget Mothim (despite being male-only) and Vespiquen!

Blob55 said:
What if male Combee evolved into Beedrill? What if Venonat really DID evolve into Butterfree? I also have ideas for what-if evolutions and Pokédex Entries.

What if Bagon didn't want to fly?
Spr_4d_371.png
Dragon
Bagon, the Rock Head Pokémon. This Pokémon constantly falls off cliffs and headbutts rocks below, to improve the sturdiness of its skull.
Spr_4d_372.png
Dragon/Rock
Shelgon, the Endurance Pokémon. In a journey to increase its resilience, Bagon evolve into Shelgon. The shell is very hard and bounces off enemy attacks.
Spr_5b_526.png
Dragon/Rock
Lithigon, the Compressed Pokémon. This Pokémon has the power to destroy Mountains and is well known for being the sturdiest of all Dragon Types.

In case you're wondering about how Shelgon evolved into a Pokémon with Red spikes, the red-orange stripes on its legs expand into the spikes covering Lilithgon's body.

I'm imagining Lilithgon's being more like Golem!

Blob55 said:
His Goominess said:

they're not really the sort of earlygame 3 stage bug which is what the 4 I put are like.
I think Mothim might not be the right thing... considering its male only it would only make sense to have a 100% female other butterfly/moth counterpart with it... which we don't have yet.

(the only other Pokemon that fill that 'criteria' are Scolipede and Leavanny... but they don't fit because they're based on different bugs entirely... they're more 'exotic' in the fact that you're more likely not to see one if you take a casual stroll in the garden without actually looking for them)

I think the whole male Combee -> Beedrill thing isn't actually that logical... Beedrill is more of a wasp/hornet and it would make sense for Combee to get a brand new worker bee evolution as opposed to a wasp/hornet that doesn't make too much sense for it to become.

Leaf_Ranger said:
Blob55 said:

Don't forget Mothim (despite being male-only) and Vespiquen!

But they don't evolve from cocoon-like Pokemon, except for maybe Burmy but it is a Bagworm which means Forretress then also should be in that super bug evolution thing.

Edit: Goominess came first :)

Edit 2:

Other lines I thought of, could be:

152.png
- Chikorita - Grass - A sweet aroma gently wafts from the leaf on its head. It is docile and loves to soak up the sun's rays
153.png
- Bayleef - Grass - A sweet aroma emanates from around its neck. The aroma acts as a stimulant to restore health.
357.png
- Tropius - Grass/Flying - It flies by flapping its broad leaves and gives the sweet, delicious fruit around its neck to children.
Abilities: Overgrow - Harvest (HA)

Venonat
venonat.gif

Basic Pokémon
Bug/Poison
Ability: Compound Eyes/Tinted Lenses
Lives in the shadows of tall trees where it eats bugs. It is attracted by light at night.

Venefly
butterfree.gif

Evolves from Venonat at level 16
Bug/Poison
Ability: Levitate
It protects itself by blowing dust on its enemies. This dust can cause status conditions like poisoning or paralysis.

Caterpie
caterpie.gif

Basic Pokémon
Bug
Ability: Shield Dust/Swarm
Its short feet are tipped with suction pads that enable it to tirelessly climb slopes and walls.

Metapod
metapod.gif

Evolves from Caterpie at level 7
Bug
Ability: Shield Dust/Effect Spore
It waits patiently in its shell so it can evolve. It protects itself with spores in order to drive off attackers.

Mothern

mothim.gif

Evolves from Metapod at level 12
Bug/Flying
Ability: Shield Dust/Aerialate
This Pokémon lives in tall trees. It enjoys flying around light during nighttime.

His Goominess said:
I think the whole male Combee -> Beedrill thing isn't actually that logical... Beedrill is more of a wasp/hornet and it would make sense for Combee to get a brand new worker bee evolution as opposed to a wasp/hornet that doesn't make too much sense for it to become.

It makes more sense than Remoraid -> Octillery.

Blob55 said:
His Goominess said:

It makes more sense than Remoraid -> Octillery.

Remoraid = revolver, Octillery = cannon
they're like the firearms of the sea xD

one more, which I'm really surprised hasn't been posted yet
Spr_5b_370.png
- Water

Spr_5b_594.png
- Water

Isn't it oysters that makes pearls? 'Cause in that case Clamperl and Cloyster could be a new Bivalve line:

366.png
Water/Steel
091.png
Water/Steel

Also it's on purpose I use some of the shiny sprites, as I think it matches the "new line" better :)

Luvdisc could also be used with Gorebyss, as they look kinda similar:

370.png
370.png
Water
368.png
368.png
Water(/Psychic)

Not sure about Huntail though, maybe with Remoraid?

223.png
Water
367.png
Water(/Dark)

This has to be one of my favorite threads. Maybe we could make a Pokedex out of it?

Squirtle
squirtle.gif

Basic Pokemon
Water
Ability: Torrent (HA: Rain Dish)
Shoots water at prey while in the water. Withdraws into its shell when in danger.

Wartortle
wartortle.gif

Evolves from Squirtle at level 16
Water/Rock
Ability: Torrent (HA: Rain Dish)
Its shell is hard as rock. It is known to have great defensive stats.

Tortofence
carracosta.gif

Evolves from Wartortle at level 36
Water/Rock
Ability: Torrent (HA: Solid Rock)
Its shell is made of compressed rock. Any fire attack is harmless to it because of this.

Why aren't we using the new sprites?

steffenka said:
Isn't it oysters that makes pearls? 'Cause in that case Clamperl and Cloyster could be a new Bivalve line:

366.png
Water/Steel
091.png
Water/Steel

Also it's on purpose I use some of the shiny sprites, as I think it matches the "new line" better :)

Luvdisc could also be used with Gorebyss, as they look kinda similar:

370.png
370.png
Water
368.png
368.png
Water(/Psychic)

Not sure about Huntail though, maybe with Remoraid?

223.png
Water
367.png
Water(/Dark)

That Luvdisc evolving into Gorebyss I could legitimately see; they look scarily alike. If only...

steffenka said:

366.png
Water/Steel
091.png
Water/Steel

I think Water/Rock would make more sense, as the shells look more like Rock than Steel.

Reggie McGigas said:

Anyone can use any sprites they want to. I prefer using Gen 4 and 5 sprites personally.

Reggie McGigas said:
This has to be one of my favorite threads. Maybe we could make a Pokedex out of it?

I like the older sprites more than the newer, I guess :)

I like the idea with a PokeDex :)

Blob55 said:
I think Water/Rock would make more sense, as the shells look more like Rock than Steel.

I wasn't too sure on what types they shoud be, as I think Clamperl's shell looks more like Steel, but I agree with you that Cloyster's shell looks more rocky. I also think it would be kinda weird if it's typing went from Water/Steel to Water/Rock, as Cloyster then would gain a 4x weakness to Grass, and Clamperl would have a lot more resistances, and would only take neutral damage from Grass, and be immune to Poison.

Also is it Lithigon or Lilithgon? It says both so I'm confused.. ^^'

I guess I was a little surprised you guys weren't using the newer sprites. Oh well :p

I love this thread. Should we make our own fakedex of sorts from this?

Amaura
amaura.gif

Basic Pokémon
Ice
Ability: Refrigerate (HA: Skill Link)
This Pokémon ju​

I guess I was a little surprised you guys weren't using the newer sprites. Oh well :p

Amaura
amaura.gif

Basic Pokémon
Ice
Ability: Refrigerate (HA: Ice Body)
This Pokémon jumps off small cliffs. It does this in an attempt to fly.

Amacoon
kakuna.gif

Evolves from Amaura at level 15
Ice
Ability: Refrigerate (HA: Ice Body)
This Pokémon's shell is very sturdy. It protects itself and its fragile wings inside with this shell.

Altaria
altaria.gif

Evolves from Amacoon when it learns Wing Attack (It can learn it at level 25)
Ice/Flying
Ability: Aerilite (HA: Ice Body)
This Pokémon finally learned to fly, accomplishing its dream from its first stage. It spends almost the entire day flying around.

steffenka said:
Also is it Lithigon or Lilithgon? It says both so I'm confused.. ^^'

It's supposed to be Lithigon. I keep on reading it as Lilithgon, hence the typo.

Reggie McGigas said:

Or a mod. There are loads of game mods out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back