What do you want from us?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shining Raikou

Your friendly neighborhood Raikou fan!
Elite Member
Advanced Member
Just looking for some feedback! We're looking to improve things. What do you want from PokeBeach Forums? Ideas? Suggestions? Bring them to the table. Remember to be constructive!

THE CARD DEX.

NEW LAYOUT

FIXED LINKS ON THE MAIN PAGE

AN UPDATED POLL

^none of those. Be reasonable guys.

Personally, I'd like some kind of PokeBeach Awards every year. I know people say that people will get really mad if they don't win every time this topic comes up, but if we have some sort of qualifications for nominating, it could work.

Flare said:
Personally, I'd like some kind of PokeBeach Awards every year. I know people say that people will get really mad if they don't win every time this topic comes up, but if we have some sort of qualifications for nominating, it could work.

Nominations should be done by the mods. Members nominating would cause more chaos than a stampede.

That's a good idea. It would definitely make sure that there would be now immature members that would whine about losing or not getting nominated.

Pokebeach awards would be quite an interesting addition to the forums. Of course nomination by the mods would be nessesary.

The downside to awards is that you can only pick so many and many would be left out. They might feel jealous. It may also lead to hate and flaming in extreme cases. For these reasons, I am going to vote no to that idea.

A few forums in the video game section could be removed or combined. The Warstory Library and Goldenrod City have zero activity and so can be taken away. Canalave Library is also inactive, but it has enough content to still be useful (albeit outdated) and could be made a sub-forum of competitive play.

I'd like to see seperate member classifications. We are all mudkip members now, but you only get a different water pokemon if your a seller, trade council member, mod, etc. What if pokebeach had different classifications? Say you've posted 500 times. You become a floatzel, instead of a mudkip. Post 1000 times? You go from floatzel to dewgong. Im just picking random pokemon, but It might be fun.

sturtle said:
I'd like to see seperate member classifications. We are all mudkip members now, but you only get a different water pokemon if your a seller, trade council member, mod, etc. What if pokebeach had different classifications? Say you've posted 500 times. You become a floatzel, instead of a mudkip. Post 1000 times? You go from floatzel to dewgong. Im just picking random pokemon, but It might be fun.

But we're still regular members, either way you put it. Having different userbars might be interesting, but gives us no real classification. Plus, having something like that could increase to more spam just to have a change in userbars.

EDIT: And pretty much your default group pretty much shows how many posts you've made.

I really think the Rate My Team subforum needs a serious revamp. Gamercal, you know my views on this matter. I really hope that the ideas I had for it could be done.

bacon said:
A few forums in the video game section could be removed or combined. The Warstory Library and Goldenrod City have zero activity and so can be taken away. Canalave Library is also inactive, but it has enough content to still be useful (albeit outdated) and could be made a sub-forum of competitive play.

The Warstory Library and the Goldenrod City can just be merged with the Competitive Discussion board. I agree with making Canalave Library a sub-forum of competitive play.

dragonexpert said:
I really think the Rate My Team subforum needs a serious revamp. Gamercal, you know my views on this matter. I really hope that the ideas I had for it could be done.

And, for this one, I'll just post what I posted in the other thread.

Honestly, the three main areas we should be focusing on are tutoring, 4th gen competitive, and this/battle arena. I never really saw the point of RMT. Not that I'm saying we shouldn't have a section for it, but it's overall use is pretty dumb when you think about it. The only people posting good threads are the ones that are retiring the teams and who won't need/want any help for making the team better. And, on the odd chance that the owner did want help, while the team was semi decent, they wouldn't be able to use it competitively, for PokeBeach at least. Then you've got the decent teams who have good or crappy presentation. No matter how many changes you do to the team, it will never be great, simply average. Once again, you can't even use the team anymore. Lastly, there are the crappy teams. Currently, most of our RMTs are in this category, and while we could easily make the team better by making even the most basic rate, a tutoring would do a much, much better job. Odds are they won't understand half of what you're talking about and what's the point if they'll just make the same mistakes when making a new team.

While I just slammed the whole concept of it, I still think RMTs are a great way to see the strategy of others. They are also a great way to muster up some intelligent, competitive conversations which would benefit our community. However, to get to this point, a lot of effort would need to be placed into it, and frankly, other matters need to be attended to first. Additionally, we don't have the member-base or level of intelligence to satisfy this either. In time, I believe we could focus on this more, but the problem isn't pressing at the moment.

dragonexpert said:
The downside to awards is that you can only pick so many and many would be left out. They might feel jealous. It may also lead to hate and flaming in extreme cases. For these reasons, I am going to vote no to that idea.

Sorry to say, but if people really get worked up about it and start feeling jealous ON THE INTERNET, then that's just sad and pathetic.

@LL: I have already been working on something regarding the tutoring. Those who do know what is going to be going on are directly involved. Certain staff members also know about it. Right now I would not like to release any of the information to the public from AIM, Skype, and IRC. I believe once we get members to a higher level of competitive playing, the RMT subforum will look better. It probably would be better yet if Cal can get the ok to do some of the things I suggested to him.

The Rate My Team Section is necessary because there are people who want help with their teams. The way a fair amount of the teams look, improvements to the teams need to be done. They shouldn't be denied this opportunity. I will apologize for not rating every single persons team in the in-game team thread. I do have other things that have a higher priority than rating every single person's team. They tend to be harder to rate the way they should be rated because often times some Pokemon chosen are weak and not good at competitive play. Normally you try not to change the Pokemon to be a different species when giving a rate. In-Game teams don't always have access to whatever Hidden Power type they want either without a lot of breeding or RNGing. They also don't have unlimited TMs. Thinking of other alternatives can be difficult.

I would like it if you could change your callsign more than once on you account.
Say, two times maximum?

dragonexpert said:
@LL: I have already been working on something regarding the tutoring. Those who do know what is going to be going on are directly involved. Certain staff members also know about it. Right now I would not like to release any of the information to the public from AIM, Skype, and IRC. I believe once we get members to a higher level of competitive playing, the RMT subforum will look better. It probably would be better yet if Cal can get the ok to do some of the things I suggested to him.

It's more than just a few fixes for the tutoring system. The tutors actually have to get taught on how to teach. Also, cues are better than specific rounds dedicated to one student to a tutor.

The Rate My Team Section is necessary because there are people who want help with their teams. The way a fair amount of the teams look, improvements to the teams need to be done. They shouldn't be denied this opportunity. I will apologize for not rating every single persons team in the in-game team thread. I do have other things that have a higher priority than rating every single person's team. They tend to be harder to rate the way they should be rated because often times some Pokemon chosen are weak and not good at competitive play. Normally you try not to change the Pokemon to be a different species when giving a rate. In-Game teams don't always have access to whatever Hidden Power type they want either without a lot of breeding or RNGing. They also don't have unlimited TMs. Thinking of other alternatives can be difficult.

The way you're saying it, you're talking about teams that are really crappy. Honestly, the people who make those threads/teams need tutoring, rather than a team rate. Once you fix up their team, they will not learn from it. When it comes time for them to make another team, they'll make the same mistakes.

I feel like you didn't read my post regarding RMTs. Any decent teams that need some help will never be able to be used in competitive play ever again.

Maybe the mods can start doing their jobs & also start to be nice (some of you (I'm not going to name names here) do tend to abuse your new found/powers) to the other members (Yes, I do log out to see the TCG section..as I do miss it, since I'm banned from that part of the forums)....the Wi-Fi section hasn't had a Mod to look after it in ages.
Newbies don't even bother to post in the "Trade Now" thread (that xxashxx made)...& this is NOT SPPF (& never will be).
Maybe we can do what GPX+ has done for newbies when they want to join the site....go & do a smallish quiz & when they get all of the answers right, they've joined the site.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back