XY What do you think the setting is: Europe or France?

I'd love to see a city like where Lyon(s) is located. Tucked in between the Alps. Although the left side looks more like high hills/small mountains than on the right side. This map will be explain what I mean look at the elevation in meters Lyon lies in a level area in comparison but right side has considerable height (1000-3500 meters)
Rhone_alpes_elevation.gif

91HfJ.gif

Here's a slimmed down version of the map to give an indication of the potential for a French map.

Imagine starting the game in the south-west, at Gap. You travel down the mountains to Nice, and follow the coast towards Marseille. You then go up through the mountain pass to Lyon, and there's a desert in the yellow area between Dijon and Metz. (assume you have to go straight and can't go from Dijon to Tours).

After Metz, you get to Paris. There's a variety of options you could take then. I imagine Brest to be a big port city. You eventually get to Bordeaux. There's forestry in the Bordeaux/Bayonne/Toulouse triangle, so perhaps put a large forest there. You have the final Gym in Toulouse, and climb Victory Road to the Pokemon League near Super-Besse.

Of course, this all works in reverse too, maybe better! Start at Super-Besse, reach Toulouse, cross a forest, get to Bayonne...etc. Culminating in a beachside final Gym battle in Nice, and the Pokemon League at Gap.

It's just an idea, but it makes France a very exciting place for a game all on its own.

Europe is too big for one region, it's probably just France.

oakbark said:
91HfJ.gif

Here's a slimmed down version of the map to give an indication of the potential for a French map.

Imagine starting the game in the south-west, at Gap. You travel down the mountains to Nice, and follow the coast towards Marseille. You then go up through the mountain pass to Lyon, and there's a desert in the yellow area between Dijon and Metz. (assume you have to go straight and can't go from Dijon to Tours).

After Metz, you get to Paris. There's a variety of options you could take then. I imagine Brest to be a big port city. You eventually get to Bordeaux. There's forestry in the Bordeaux/Bayonne/Toulouse triangle, so perhaps put a large forest there. You have the final Gym in Toulouse, and climb Victory Road to the Pokemon League near Super-Besse.

Of course, this all works in reverse too, maybe better! Start at Super-Besse, reach Toulouse, cross a forest, get to Bayonne...etc. Culminating in a beachside final Gym battle in Nice, and the Pokemon League at Gap.

It's just an idea, but it makes France a very exciting place for a game all on its own.

I don't like how linear the path from Paris to Gap is, but aside from that, pretty good, I wouldn't mind seeing a region like this.

It'd be sweet to have a trio or something based on national mascots. Can totally picture a dog trio with a British Bulldog, German Shepard and a French Poodle (or whatever).

I actually hope this is just France/paris and they do the other European countries in the future... They could use the channel tunnel as a connection to a future region and do a generation 2 like thing... :D

I feel like they will be using Europe as a whole, because I think we saw Big Ben in the trailer. Could be wrong though. Perhaps they are condensing it to a France like area, but combining elements from other countries? Just a thought, since Unova was based on New York and had a desert in it.

Maybe they will do a few capitals of some european countries and connect them somehow to create one combined region...

I'd like for some Italian/Greek influences especially around the coastal areas of the game. What about you guys?

Back