BW/BW2 What do you think the new pokemon are based off of

Evolution

iPod Nano: Evolution (Look Down)
What do you think some of the pokemon are based off of?

Like what is hihidaruma based off of.

Hihidaruma seems to be based on a baboon and the Daruma doll.if u want to know what pokemon are based on u could always look them up :p

He is based off of a daruma doll and an Ape not a baboon because he doesn't have a long tail plus the way he clenches his fists is Ape like.

Tsutarja was based off the Ivy plant, (Not a drug), and the snake in the Genesis part of the bible.
Tsutarja is called 'The Grass Snake' Pokemon. Remember the complaints when he was first revealed?
"OMGWHUTISTHATITSNOTASNAKELOL"
Well, the Bible implied the snake once had arms. When it tricked Adam and Eve to eating the Apple, as a punishment, it was subjected to going on it's belly, and losing it's arms.
That is why Jaloda has no arms. It was being SMUG from Day 1!

@ JetpackPercy

Actually if you look on Jalordas back there are two leaves like Janovys that appear to look like arms or the end of a cape I suppose. It is the Royal Pokemon which makes sense due to the "lord" in its name along with the fact that it looks like a prince or a king! It is smug meaning that it thinks it is best at everything it does, like a prince or a spoiled child, which is why in the beginning when it was first revealed everyone called it Smugleaf, except me of course I chose to call it Snaivy (Snake and ivy), but now I can see why everyone called it that! Also your description of Tsutarja seems to make a bit of sense to me, and I like how you referenced the Bible with it. I never really knew that the snake in the Garden of Eden was punished after Adam and Eve ate the forbidden fruit and lost its arms, but that doesn't really explain Tsutarja and Janovy having legs as well as arms (Nevermind I just looked on Bulbapedia and it says why). Also wowzers is correct as well because Bulbapedia says the Tsutarja line is based off of a reptile known as a skink, more specifically the Neoseps that also hevily resembles a snake and have small stubby legs, but your description Percy is also on Bulbapedia below wowzers description!

It's name isn't specifically made of two words. For example, it also has 'hi' in its name because that's the word for fire.

Isnt this the same as pokemon origins?
Also, hihdaruma is a daruma doll/ ape. Darumape is not a monkey/babbon because it has no tail. Thats enough proof, but you can also go on to its appearance and arms being similar to an ape.

monkey or not bulbapedia says Hihidaruma seems to be based on a baboon and the Daruma doll.

I don't give a ---- what bulbapedia says i can go and edit things at my will if i want to, so you can't really trust them.

I don't give a ---- what bulbapedia says i can go and edit things at my will if i want to, so you can't really trust them.

If it has no credibility then why is it so popular? Or are internet users that easily suckered by articles that look professionally-written?

Trainer of Shadows's interpretation is the most correct, I feel. 達磨 (daruma) and ヒヒ(baboon) feel the most appropriate as the root words behind the etymology of hihidaruma. I don't think the 'hi' represents fire because of the weirdness of the repetition (it'd be like mudkip being mizumizugorou or raikou being rairaikou... you get the drift)

@ JetpackPercy

I don't think tsutarja was based on the biblical snake, it may have more to do with snake evolution (from legged lizards (some claim mosasaurs instead) to legless, elongated reptiles) which is sort of reflected in how much more serpentine jaroda looks.

we dont always have to talk about hihidaruma. What about that grass spike ball thing...

I know this is kind of offtopic, but which makes more sense for Hihidaruma's English name: Baboom or Darumape?

I'm reluctant to go with any -ape name. Hihidaruma is based off a Daruma doll, but it takes some aspects from apes, if anything gorillas. So Darumape.

I think the ice cream cone pokemon is a remake of weezing just look at the pics below and compare them, they both have doulble heads and 2 faces, and weezing has smoke comming out of it and the other one has mist coming out of its straws when its in battle.

Spr_5b_584.png

Spr_4d_110.png

Someone can go bulbapedia and change it and say that there reason is valid and the main person over there could believe them, it's not a baboon it is clearly an ape.

Playerking95 said:
Someone can go bulbapedia and change it and say that there reason is valid and the main person over there could believe them

You can argue against the credibility of bulbapedia all you want but you as an information source are neither more official nor more credible than them (saying "its clearly an ape" does not make you more credible, especially since it wasn't explicitly modeled after an ape unless you can find us an ape with a clearly uncanny resemblance to hihidaruma)

Alvin and the Minezumis said:
I know this is kind of offtopic, but which makes more sense for Hihidaruma's English name: Baboom or Darumape?

Im actually not sure if the daruma reference will be used as it might be a case of getting lost in translation, since it's a japanese culture thing which westerners probably won't get.

baboon-7662.jpg

051107_giant_ape_02.jpg

Notice V and ^'s Fists are clenched and they walk along them, but a baboon's are open palmed. Plus the Ape's head shape is like Hihidaruma's.

555Hihidaruma.png

hamadryas_baboon_4sfw.jpg

Notice they have a long tail, tell me where is Hihidaruma's long tail? Where is the Ape's long tail (Lawyered!)

It's name might be like a Baboon but it looks resemble an Ape's compared to a baboon's.

Back