What Do You Think Is the BDIF (Best Deck In Format)?

Diet

In a dilemma
I was curious to know what people thought of as the "BDIF" of this format. Since Cities results have started to come in, I thought that now would be an appropriate time to ask :p
Sorry if this is wrong section.

RE: After Cities started, what do you think is the BDIF?

one of the best ones has to be blastoise keldeo :)

Definitely Darkrai/Hydreigon still. There's no reason to think that would change with the new format.

Darkrai. Frankly I think there is no "BDIF" but more of a "BCIF" and that would be Darkrai. So pretty much any Darkrai variants I guess

Landorus EX. I won't say Landy by a long shot, but he's up there. Early game pressure, excellent typing, 180 HP, yeah. He's good.

DirtyDan said:
Darkrai varients
Serperior said:
Landorus EX. I won't say Landy by a long shot, but he's up there. Early game pressure, excellent typing, 180 HP, yeah. He's good.

Combine forces...and you get...Darkrai/Landorus.

Going to have to say that Darkrai/Landorus is probably number 1 right now, however the other Darkrai variants and Fighting box are very close behind.

Nothing can be BDIF this format.
I mean nothing.
It is whoever sets up first wins.
Example,

Gabordor v.s Hydreigon

^ To better phrase this, the format is sort of like rock paper scissors. A beats B, B beats C, but C beats A. Of course, there are many decks in the format, so it is hard to determine a BDIF. Darkrai Landorus seems to have problems with Keldeo Blastoise IMO, Keldeo Blastoise has problems with Tornadus EX, Tornadus EX has problems with Mewtwo Eels, and Mewtwo Eels has problems with Darkrai Landorus. There are also decks that are great when set up like Darkrai Hydreigon, but setting up and having consistency is difficult.

RogueChomp said:
^ To better phrase this, the format is sort of like rock paper scissors. A beats B, B beats C, but C beats A. Of course, there are many decks in the format, so it is hard to determine a BDIF. Darkrai Landorus seems to have problems with Keldeo Blastoise IMO, Keldeo Blastoise has problems with Tornadus EX, Tornadus EX has problems with Mewtwo Eels, and Mewtwo Eels has problems with Darkrai Landorus. There are also decks that are great when set up like Darkrai Hydreigon, but setting up and having consistency is difficult.

You forgot to quote Sam Chen at the end lol.

The correct answer is Terrakion/Mewtwo/Garbodor.

MMAmonchan said:
The correct answer is Terrakion/Mewtwo/Garbodor.
There is no "correct" answer to this question. There's no way to 100% tell the BDIF. The best way to try and tell the BDIF is probably results. Terrakion/Mewtwo/Garbador has won a city. Going purely by results, Landorus/Mewtwo would be the BDIF, but it's hard to say completely because every deck has good and bad matchups. There is no "win all" deck.

My opinion would be Hammers w/Shaymin or Keldeo

I found it hilarious that yesterday, at Cities, the super-hyped Landorus EX was only seen in about 2 (out of 30) decks, neither of which did very well. And before anyone says anything about Blastoise, there were 0.

Top 4 was RayEels, Darkrai/Mewtwo/Bouffalant, Dark/Hydra, and Durant/Sableye/Garbodor. (T2 was DMB and Durant, of which DMB won.) Looks like Darkrai is still as solid as ever.

DNA said:
I found it hilarious that yesterday, at Cities, the super-hyped Landorus EX was only seen in about 2 (out of 30) decks, neither of which did very well. And before anyone says anything about Blastoise, there were 0.

Top 4 was RayEels, Darkrai/Mewtwo/Bouffalant, Dark/Hydra, and Durant/Sableye/Garbodor. (T2 was DMB and Durant, of which DMB won.) Looks like Darkrai is still as solid as ever.
It could be your local meta. Yesterday, I saw a grand total of 2 darkrai decks, one of which got last, and the other got second to last. I saw an absurd amount of Blastoise, and the top 4 had 2 Blastoise, 1 Darkrai/Hammers, and a Mewtwo/Landorus/Bouffalant (me!). Out of those, both Blastoise made top 2. Of course, that could be my local meta. So, we can draw the conclusion that local metas aren't the most solid determiner of the BDIF.

I think the closest thing we have to BDIF is Lando/Bouff/Mewtwo/Tornadus for sure. That thing is a monster, especially with a good defensive build utilizing Max Potion and stuff. Darkrai Hydreigon is dying out with Landorus being more prevalent, so I wouldn't give it the title. However, Darkrai Hydreigon can use Keldeo EX which counters Landorus, which counters Eels and Darkrai Variants, which counter other things. The point I'm trying to prove here is that it is for sure rock paper scissors this format. Everything is countered and counters everything else.

i think the bdif is slowbro/slaking or archeops garbodor

Anyway, Big Basics. /thread

I would say Darkrai/Landorus for sure. Also, there's been a steep return in Hammertime variants in my area, which have been SWEEPING cities.

"Put random Basic EXs or SIgililyph into your deck and top/win Cities"

It's basically a more subtle version of the SP Format. Such a stale and boring meta we have right now where Blastoise and Hydreigon are the only real playable Stage 2s.

After testing with Blastoise/Keldeo I think it is the BDIF I went 9-0 so far with my list in testing. If you have the right list this is an AH-MA-ZING deck. I managed to get the turn 2 Blastoise 7 out of 9 of those games so yeah.

To be perfectly honest (with no biased in this) there is no true BDIF. If you look back at what we call BDIF you should see that there is nothing to contend with them accept maybe another varian (I.E PLOX, Luxchomp, CMT, Reshiboar) so as you see this makes anything in this format not a BDIF. Blastoise/Keldeo for example has major issue's starting against Tornadus EX, and Shaymin EX, but fairs well if Ho-Oh players actually use Ho-Oh. Lando/anything fairs good against anything that isn't water or Tornadus EX. Darkrai has had the bane of Terrakion since it's existence, and now Lando, making it even more pressured by fighting types. I truly believe that there is no BDIF because everything checks something else, making a perfectly balanced format as far as I'm concerned.

And DirtyDan.. Testing doesn't = the actual play of the deck. Computer shufflers are perfectly random/glitchy sometimes while a human hand can screw up, bunch cards together, and truly mess it up. And at that, Online Play doens't = Real Life Play. For example my, I guess for fun deck, Quad Sigilyph with 4 Mewtwo in it, (really Quad Mewtwo) was 30-10 for testing... When I played it at cities, it went 0-5.

Back