XY What Current Pokémon / Moves Would You Like To See Changed into a Fairy-type? Why?

RE: If X and Y really do introduce the rumored Fairy-type, what current Pokémon would you like to see changed into Fairy-type? What moves?

Jigglypuff ain't Fairy enough I am guessing.

I only have an issue with that if it turns out Clefairy isn't pure Fairy xD

Cause then (any old pokemon getting changes won't either and) the type won't have a bulk of casual pokemon...but consist almost solely of pokemon who are just secondary Fairy-type...

RE: If X and Y really do introduce the rumored Fairy-type, what current Pokémon would you like to see changed into Fairy-type? What moves?

Now that we have received this information, do you think the conference(?) they're having later on will just regurgitate all of it or do you do think we'll get some more new info? I for one am okay with this being all the information we receive today.

Mitja said:
Jigglypuff ain't Fairy enough I am guessing.

I only have an issue with that if it turns out Clefairy isn't pure Fairy xD

Cause then (any old pokemon getting changes won't either and) the type won't have a bulk of casual pokemon...but consist almost solely of pokemon who are just secondary Fairy-type...

Isn't that pretty much what happened with the Steel type in Gen 2 though? I don't really care to see an explosion of Fairy types; I think just a few retcons and new Pokemon is fine.

Clefairy would be good. Maybe Sigilyph too?

Game Over said:
Clefairy would be good. Maybe Sigilyph too?

No, Sigilyph's perfect as a Psychic/Flying.

The only things I think they'll retype are ones that only have 1 type, with the one exception of Togetic/Togekiss losing their Normal typing for the much more fitting Fairy type.

Gardevoir is fairy type ! yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyy !

Now she can kick dark pokemon's asses too (and dragon, to boot)

Didn't see marill and jigglypuff, though... but who cares? Gardevoir !
Maybe now I'll finally get a good gardevoir plush !

I need to sit down...

professorlight said:
Gardevoir is fairy type ! yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyy !

Now she can kick dark pokemon's asses too (and dragon, to boot)

Didn't see marill and jigglypuff, though... but who cares? Gardevoir !
Maybe now I'll finally get a good gardevoir plush !

I need to sit down...

Now Gardevoir can finally fully compete with her brother.

Here's a list of Pokémon I can imagine being Fairy-type (reveals considered):
Pikachu line - Electric/Fairy
Clefairy line - Normal/Fairy
Jigglypuff line - Normal/Fairy OR Sound/Fairy (if we do get a Sound-type)
Chansey line - Normal/Fairy
Jynx line - Fairy/Ice
Mew - Psychic/Fairy
Mewtwo (new forms only) - Psychic/Fairy
Togepi line - Normal/Fairy OR Normal/Fairy > Fairy/Flying
Bellossom - Grass/Fairy
Marill line - Water/Fairy
Dunsparce (wishful thinking, I guess) - Normal/Fairy
Snubbull line - Normal/Fairy
Delibird - Ice/Fairy
Celebi - Grass/Fairy
Ralts line (excluding Gallade) - Psychic/Fairy
Skitty line - Normal/Fairy
Mawile - Steel/Fairy
Plusle - Electric/Fairy
Minun - Electric/Fairy
Milotic - Water/Fairy
Castform - Normal/Fairy
Chimecho line - Psychic/Fairy
Luvdisc - Water/Fairy
Jirachi - Fairy/Steel
Pachirisu - Electric/Fairy
Cherubi line - Grass/Fairy
Buneary line - Normal/Fairy
Uxie - Fairy/Psychic
Mesprit - Fairy/Psychic
Azelf - Fairy/Psychic
Cresselia - Psychic/Fairy
Phione - Water/Fairy
Manaphy - Water/Fairy
Shaymin - Grass/Fairy
Arceus (as odd as that sounds, plus an excuse not to make a Fairy Plate) - Normal/Fairy OR just Fairy
Victini - Fire/Fairy
Audino - Normal/Fairy
Whimsicott - Grass/Fairy
Lilligant - Grass/Fairy
Gothita line - Psychic/Fairy
Solosis line (if only for the case of it being a counterpart of the Gothita line) - Psychic/Fairy
Emolga - Electric/Fairy
Alomomola - Water/Fairy
Meloetta - Fairy/Psychic and Fairy/Fighting

RE: What current Pokémon would you like to see changed into Fairy-type? What moves?

-Cleffa line (Fairy)
-Igglybuff and Wigglytuff (Normal/Fairy)
-Togepi line (Fairy and Fairy/Flying)
-Bellossom (Grass/Fairy)
-Azumarill (Water/Fairy)
-Happiny line (Normal/Fairy)
-Kirlia (Psychox/Fairy)
-Milotic (Water/Fairy)
-Gorebyss (Water/Fairy)
-Jirachi (Psychic/Fairy)
-Misdreavus and Mismagius (Ghost/Fairy)
-Manaphy and Phione (Water/Fairy)
-Munna and Musharna (Psychic/Fairy)
-Buneary an Lopunny (Normal/Fairy)
-Cinccino (Normal/Fairy)

Am I the only one that cannot see Mawile changing to fairy!

RE: What current Pokémon would you like to see changed into Fairy-type? What moves?

Clefairy and Togepi
I don't like how Gardavor is a fairy type now though :(

Okay, now that the excitement passed I'm back to being the voice of reason:

Temper yourselves, guys, it seems you are starting to confuse "fairy" with "cute". Even though we still don't have much info or patterns in fairy pokemon, not all cute and cuddly pokemon are sure candidates for fairy type (I'm still waiting for the reasoning behind marill and jigglypuffs' change) bellossom is fine as she is; sure, the loss of a type is uncommon, but that is because, who can possibly see bellossom and think of her as a poison type?, besides, she is not unequal to vileplume, I use both; they are each excellent, and in a double battle they kick ass. The loss of type was, quoting spock, "only logical"; well, either that or scrap the design.
The pokemon shown to us make some sense,
-since jigglypuff is not clearly based of an animal or something it could be fairy.
-gardevoir is fairy type because she is awesome. 'nuff said. (also, the whole thing about being something of an elf/guardian angel/caring spirit)
-marill is a weird choice, mainly because it always was something of a pikachu clone, but water type, so we'll have to wait to see what the heck they were thinking.

Pokemon that will gain/change to fairy:
173.png
035.png
036.png
: It's pretty obvious right. (Fairy)
174.png
039.png
040.png
: Jigglypuff was confirmed. (Normal/Fairy)
440.png
113.png
242.png
: This line is pretty similar to Jigglypuff and Chansey and Blissey look particularly fairy to me. (Normal/Fairy)
175.png
176.png
468.png
: I mean duh. (Fairy)(Fairy/Flying)
182.png
: Didn't get quiver dance in Gen 5 so maybe GF will be nice and give the new typing. (Grass/Fairy)
298.png
183.png
184.png
: I personally wouldn't have chosen Marill as a fairy but it was confirmed anyway. (Normal/Fairy)(Water/Fairy)
200.png
429.png
: Banshee and witch pokemon plus they'll resist Normal, Dragon, Fighting, and Ground and I think that's awesome. (Ghost/Fairy)
206.png
: He'll evolve into the first part Dragon and Fairy and become top OU. (Fairy)
209.png
210.png
: Snubbull looks pretty fairy to me and Granbull will prove that Fairy isn't girly. (Normal/Fairy)
280.png
281.png
282.png
: Gardevoir was already confirmed but I'm not sure what Kirlia and Ralts will be. (Psychic)(Psychic)(Psychic/Fairy)
303.png
: Already rumored and this new type will help her compete with her counterpart, sableye. (Steel/Fairy)
351.png
: Can't fairies change the weather? Castform's typing will change with the environment. (Normal/Fairy)
433.png
358.png
: They float, they're cute, and they're based off of bells. Chimecho could also use a boost. (Psychic/Fairy)
531.png
: See Chansey. (Fairy)
Legendaries that gain/change to fairy:
489.png
: Why does this pokemon even exist? (Water/Fairy)
492.png
: If shaymin wasn't based around that flower I would probably think otherwise. (Grass/Fairy)
648.png
648-step.png
: I bet GF chose to make them normal so they could make them Fairy in the next Gen. (Fairy/Psychic)(Fairy/Fighting)

That's 28 not counting the legendaries and the pokemon being created this generation. Do I think that all of these pokemon will be changed? No. In fact some of them might be a little farfetched but I'd love to hear what you guys think of this list.

I personally have a problem with changing Dual type pokemon that aren't normal. I feel like they're already established and shouldn't be messed with. For example, Jirachi. It was made steel and psychic for a reason and just because a new type is created doesn't mean it should change.

I do think Psychic and Fairy will be similar in many ways, kind of like Ghost and Dark. Since Psychic seems to be mental power and Fairy seems to be magic/mystical power, I could see Fairy types being able to learn a lot of psychic types and visa-verse. But Fairy pokemon will still be smaller, cuter pokemon which is why pokemon like Marill and Jigglypuff are Fairies.

I suppose new edit on the list:

Gardevoir: I don't know why Fairy. At least it isn't small like to say that ALL Fairy types must be small. I don't see it fit Fairy (probably because I only wanted a couple of lines in). I might be better competitively but it won't make it to the higher tiers.

Marill: How? Probably because it is that small thing. At least it says that not all Fairy types are pink. No one I know actually thought of the Marill line. Azumarill (if it doesn't lose the typing when it evolves) might climb some tiers. It is really good already with the attack it has and Aqua Jet STAB.

Jigglypuff: Many people saw it as Fairy but IMO it wouldn't have fit in my criteria. It is the most acceptable (IMO) of the ones revealed so far. I suppose it goes for the pink little Fairy. It is going nowhere in competitive use though.

Sylveon: It was seen from far away that it would be Fairy type (names, WPM's source, Pokemon Smash, etc). Pink and somewhat small. It evolves from eevee so it isn't surprising that they try to do it simple to what represents the type the most. Competitively it is hard to know without the stats and preferably the moveset, and ability(ies). Judging by the cover, I would say that it finishes in RU or UU.

Clefairy: It screams Fairy. It is the Fairy Pokemon (it doesn't make it Fairy immediately but it gives a bit of info about what could happen). It fits the stereotypical Fairy (pink and small). Stays in NU or RU depending of his moveset (can also move more).

Togekiss: It screams Fairy as above. Togepi is small (fits on the western Fairy). It goes into OU immediately. Air Slash with a 60% flinching chance, excellent SpA, immune to the best physical combo if it gets a nice Fairy STAB, it would be difficult to get through it (add it Quiver Dance to make for its Speed trouble). If GF wants to make Fairy types good, Togekiss should be the best chance IMO.

Mismagius: Banshee and witch. It helps that people would not think that Fairies are the pink little blobs.

Gardevoir: I don't know why Fairy. At least it isn't small like to say that ALL Fairy types must be small. I don't see it fit Fairy (probably because I only wanted a couple of lines in). I might be better competitively but it won't make it to the higher tiers.

I didn't see it as one at first but the more I thought about it, the more fairy I think it looks. In the trailer, just look at it when it uses fairy wind. It's dress kind of flies back from the wind and it just looks so graceful and elegant. As many have said before, the ralts line is based off of elves and healing spirits.

I think we'll see a good amount of pokemon be converted to fairy just so there isn't an explosion of them. Why would they implement the new type if it's extremely rare? At the conference Masuda (I think) said they wanted to implement this type so there is another way to take on dragon types. If there are only a few Fairies then that explanation doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

Marill: How? Probably because it is that small thing. At least it says that not all Fairy types are pink. No one I know actually thought of the Marill line. Azumarill (if it doesn't lose the typing when it evolves) might climb some tiers. It is really good already with the attack it has and Aqua Jet STAB.

Jigglypuff: Many people saw it as Fairy but IMO it wouldn't have fit in my criteria. It is the most acceptable (IMO) of the ones revealed so far. I suppose it goes for the pink little Fairy. It is going nowhere in competitive use though.

tumblr_m7onfd7sfz1r4j812.gif

Personally I don't understand why Marill is considered a fairy type. I get that it's small and cute but shouldn't fairy type look, I don't know, more FAIRY? I mean Marill is definitely a mouse and Azumarill is definitely a rabbit. And it's not like the line needed a boost anyway. Azumarill does extremely well in UU and even OU. With stab water moves such as waterfall and aqua jet, fairy stab, superpower, and elemental punches, as well as the huge power ability, Azumarill with probably be one of the most used pokemon in competitive battling.

Jigglypuff I understand a little bit better than marill. As someone said before, Jigglypuff isn't really based off of an animal. It's just a blob that likes to sing. I think that the musical aspect of the jigglypuff line is what makes it a fairy pokemon. If I'm correct, the line can also fly by sucking in a lot of air causing it to become a balloon. Igglybuff even floats in it's animated sprite! Plus igglybuff, jigglypuff, and wigglytuff all sound like they would be the names a fairies. I guess we'll just have to wait and see how GF classifies fairy type

Making marill a fairy just shows that Gamefreak is just making faries cute and cuddly. One of the reasons why I disliked the concept, as Gamefreak would ruin the potential for a fairy type. Some common examples of pokemon that could be faries include Dunsparce and Mismagius, I can't see those as faries. Dunsparce is a snake with no magic or fairy like properties at all, and Mismagius is a ghost that curses people.

Here is who I think will get the fairy boost:
Cleffa, Clefairy, Clefable (Fairy,Fairy,Fairy)
Hapinny, Chansey, Blissey (Fairy,Fairy,Fairy)
Snubbull, Granbull (Normal/Fairy, Normal/Fairy)
Togepi, Togetic, Togekiss (Fairy,Fairy/Flying,Fairy/Flying)
Delibird (Ice/Fairy)
Celebi (Grass/Fairy)
Ralts, Kirla (Psychic/Fairy, Psychic/Fairy)
Mawile (Fairy/Steel)
Castform (Weather Form/Fairy)
Manaphy (Water/Fairy)
Phione (Water/Fairy)
Munna, Mushurna (Fairy/Psychic)
Meloetta (Fairy/Form)

Reggie McGigas said:
Making marill a fairy just shows that Gamefreak is just making faries cute and cuddly. One of the reasons why I disliked the concept, as Gamefreak would ruin the potential for a fairy type. Some common examples of pokemon that could be faries include Dunsparce and Mismagius, I can't see those as faries. Dunsparce is a snake with no magic or fairy like properties at all, and Mismagius is a ghost that curses people.

I'm really optimistic that Marill is just being used to give an example of what the Fairy type could encompass, even tho I really think that there are much better candidates for this type (Togekiss BETTER be this type, I mean look at it)
What I'd have really liked to see would have been different Fairy type transitions with older Pokemon. They could've kept Jiggles since that is a pink cuddly thing, and Gardevoir since that's not as cute, but still has a Fairy vibe, being based on elves and all.
Dunsparce I can kinda see; it would give it a nice boost, and if Marill can become one then why not Sparcey?
Mismagius isn't just 'a ghost that curses people'. It's design takes inspiration from witches, banshees, magic, and illusions. Since these are fairytale things and have a place in folklore, it can be seen. (I'd personally love it if it changes, and Mismagius is my fave ghost!)

This article on Bulbapedia pretty much sums up what the Fairy type could encompass, and the kind of things its about. I recommend reading it.

P.DelSlayer said:
Togekiss BETTER be this type, I mean look at it

Dunsparce I can kinda see; it would give it a nice boost, and if Marill can become one then why not Sparcey?
Mismagius isn't just 'a ghost that curses people'. It's design takes inspiration from witches, banshees, magic, and illusions. Since these are fairytale things, it can be seen. (I'd personally love it if it changes, and Mismagius is my fave ghost!)

This article on Bulbapedia pretty much sums up what the Fairy type could encompass, and the kind of things its about. I recommend reading it.

If togekiss got fairy/flying it would destroy some dragons
And banshee in scottish and irish gaelic (bean si and bean shith) literally translates to "fairy woman"

P.DelSlayer said:
I read this, and now I really think Fairy type should be called Spirit or Magic type. I was talking to my friend earlier, coming up with "elements" and we were pretty much just naming Pokemon types (not Dragon or Flying, Psychic or Fighting, though,) and I suggested purple magic element. Fairy type must've been in my mind at that time.

But back on topic, reading this story-article-thing will probably change your mind if you are a faerie hater.

(Plus, I think it should be spelled FAERIE type Gamefreak, if you read this.)

They better not change any moves to be fairy type, unless the dual type move things is correct, then I would be fine if they added fairy type to moves, although I hope they don't replace them. I think that the current Pokemon they've added fairy type to are good. I think there will be more though, I'd guess though that they're going to be out of the regional Pokedex so they won't be advertised as fairy type Pokemon, only discovered in the game.

Reggie McGigas said:
Dunsparce is a snake with no magic or fairy like properties at all

Aside from the dainty little wings, Serene Grace, and huge elemental movepool, right? d:

Back