BW/BW2 What could they possibly do in Generation 5?

Dark Marc said:
In every generation they do from now they will probably include fossil Pokemon.

Not necessarily, look at Johto. I don't know for sure if they'll have Fossil Pokemon in this 5th Gen...

dmaster out.

I really think in 5th gen we need:

SOME WAY to use the mushrooms again... unless I'm very much mistaken there hasn't been a use for them since FRLG (where they were heart scale replacements)

Another Thunder Stone evolver. I mean, it's one of the original stones and still only has TWO pokemon that use it??? Sure, in third gen they added in a water stone user and a leaf stone user, but the poor thunder and fire stones got passed by (Tho fire stone has three uses) I swear I've got way too many thunder stones and nothing to use them on.

Anyway, my thought for a 5th gen pokemon: a thunder horse. We've got a lightning type cat, rat, dog, fish, squirrel, bird, magnet, bloody BALL, sheep, etc.

But the only real 'horse' we have is Rapidash/Ponyta. I mean, Arceus kinda looks like a horse, and we've got girafarig, but no other TRUE horses.

kaorusquee said:
I really think in 5th gen we need:

SOME WAY to use the mushrooms again... unless I'm very much mistaken there hasn't been a use for them since FRLG (where they were heart scale replacements)

Another Thunder Stone evolver. I mean, it's one of the original stones and still only has TWO pokemon that use it??? Sure, in third gen they added in a water stone user and a leaf stone user, but the poor thunder and fire stones got passed by (Tho fire stone has three uses) I swear I've got way too many thunder stones and nothing to use them on.

Anyway, my thought for a 5th gen pokemon: a thunder horse. We've got a lightning type cat, rat, dog, fish, squirrel, bird, magnet, bloody BALL, sheep, etc.

But the only real 'horse' we have is Rapidash/Ponyta. I mean, Arceus kinda looks like a horse, and we've got girafarig, but no other TRUE horses.

yeah!!! they could have a bunch of different horse type pokemon that have different elements, like how there is a difference between the male and female nidoran, there could be a single named horse type pokemon, but have different element forms

No koala. The best animal ever :(

Nintendo have been dry on ideas for ages - its the new technology that makes each game better, not the ideas and content of the game.

The 3DS thing will be fantastic for nintendo and they'll exploit the flying donkey out of it in whatever they call the fifth gen games (lawl no precious stones left D:)

I reckon they'll think of something. They always do. A koala pokemon will be nice.

I thought about this before this thread, and I thought of an awesome combo.....FIRE/BUG! READY, READY?!

FIRE ANT!!!!! WOOOOT

Anyway, the starters should be:

Fire : FIRE/BUG - Ant
Water: WATER/ICE - Polar Bear
Grass: GRASS/ELECTRIC - Lion (inspired by this thread)

Also, more monkeys, lots and lots of monkeys :D

ElectroManiac said:
I know this has been talked about a lot, but they should do a pre-evo of Kahangaskan. I would really enjoy seeing some new electric type. Mabye a new Electric Legendary. I wonder what the starters would be. They always do good in the design of starters. I just hate the D-P-P Middle Evos, Prinplup, Grotle, Monferno. They just look wierd >.>

HEY! Watch it, Monferno is amazing...the other two...meh....Also, they need to make more FIRE and ELECTRIC Pokemon! I mean come ON!

FireMeowth said:
Spinda.
Seriously, how can people forget about the cute little spot panda? >:

jirachinick said:
and I still like my idea of a toucan pokemon
Yes, we do need a toucan. :U

Chatot's evolution? I know it's a parrot, but they evolved Croconaw (Crocodile) into Feraligatr (Aligator)

Wait a second...why do the gym leaders have to specialize in different types? Why can't they specialize in kinds of Pokemon? That way we could have more dynamic gym leaders that are difficult to beat. For example: Sound Gym Leader!

Or make two sub-regions that have themed gym leaders, like:

East Region (Focused on Battle):

Attack / Special Attack Leader - Vigor Badge
Defense / Special Defense Leader - Sturdy Badge
Speed Leader - Haste Badge
HP + SpCnd Leader (HEALS CONSTANTLY! AND ANNOYS WITH SPECIAL CONDITIONS) - Spirit Badge

West Region (Focused on Pokemon):

Monkey Leader - Enjoy Badge
Eevee Leader - Adapt Badge
Pair Leader (Plusle & Minuin, Illumise & Volbeat, Lunatone & Solrock, etc) - Collaborate Badge
Fossil Leader (Stop thinking Roark) - Evolve Badge (Pattern with the other badges, not Pokemon evolution)

Another point: they have to start making the games much more difficult. How? By adding a level cap before every gym but having the gym leader's Pokemon like 2-5 levels higher. Programming smart leaders that attack based on the opposing Pokemon and have an overall strategy! They could also make the gym leader's Pokemon pre-EV trained and maxed out in certain stats so it would be more of a challenge!

I also agree with the post about having multiple save files so I can play the games through again and again.

By-the-way, I JUST FINISHED READING EVERY POST.

Just a random thought, but I think it would be neat if they took the Evolutionary Stones and Evolutionary Rocks a step further and combined them.

As an example, you'd be able to buy and find Fire Stones in the game and then use them on your Pokemon normally for an anytime evolution-solution. As a change though, they could also have a corresponding evolution-triggering location - like a "Fire Rock" or "Fire Volcano" or something. Just like they could have another area like the Moss Rock / Ice Rock locations, but create the corresponding Moss Stone / Ice Stone. (They already have two Grass-related stones so what's one more? They can create whatever they want!) Maybe the Mt. Coronet evolutions could be triggered by a new "Magnet Stone" or something less lame-sounding. :p

They could make it a big "feature" or something - that certain key areas in the game have unusual effects on Pokemon, giving the players multiple options for easier and interesting evolution and bridging the gap between older game location-based evolutions (they already did something similar with the Deoxys meteorites).

EDIT: Also, stop hatin' on Bronzor/Bronzong! If you look into it, it's based on historical fiction - one of the things that makes Pokemon so neat in the first place!

Torkoal needs two evos. Then we would have a turtle version where the starters are all turtles/tortoses

Fridge said:
No koala. The best animal ever :(

Nintendo have been dry on ideas for ages - its the new technology that makes each game better, not the ideas and content of the game.

The 3DS thing will be fantastic for nintendo and they'll exploit the flying donkey out of it in whatever they call the fifth gen games (lawl no precious stones left D:)

I reckon they'll think of something. They always do. A koala pokemon will be nice.
abra is a koala :)
think about it, he sleeps most of the day. it took me awhile to notice too.. more like 10 years.. but anyway, I'm looking forward to the new starters. I think gen 5's pokemon mostly looked like robots when I forst saw them. at least the ones I first saw. we know we're probably going to get more eevees, maybe not in this generation.

as for the light element idea, I wouldn't really like one. I think we have a good amount of elements as is, no matter how much sense it would make.

I want a Pegasus evolution of Rapidash.
Cool, am I right? 8D You could use a fire stone or something on it and it'd evolve.

Bulbabuddy said:
To the person who suggested Shuckle evo, I think he/she needs a better imagination...
To the person who can't imagine a shuckle evolution, I think SHE needs a better imagination... ;)

Here's my ideas:

Fossil Pokemon:
T-Rex (Two stage) - Ground/Rock or Rock
Stegosaurus (Two stage) - Steel/Rock
Plesiosaur - (One stage) Water/Rock or Ice/Rock

Legendary Trio:
Dragon/Ice
Dragon/Fire
Dragon/Electric

New Evolutions/Pre-evolutions
The only ones I feel that need evolutions are Jynx and Farfetch'd
Pre-evolutions? Kanghaskan and Miltank/Tauros (Gender based evolution for the baby)

Everything else - just new typings, new ideas. And a platypus please. And no, Psyduck isn't a platypus, he's a DUCK.

New pokemon idea
Tropica
Type:Grass{G}
Height: 3'2
Weight: 75lbs
Attacks:Vine Whip, Branch Whip, Synthesis, Giga Drain,
Ability:Tropicana Regains Health at the end of every turn
{G}{G}{G}

Night Pokemon Master said:
New pokemon idea
Tropica
Type:Grass{G}
Height: 3'2
Weight: 75lbs
Attacks:Vine Whip, Branch Whip, Synthesis, Giga Drain,
Ability:Tropicana Regains Health at the end of every turn
{G}{G}{G}

Sounds like it'd evolve into Tropius.

Lets see;

-New system for post Elite Four where the player becomes the champion and receives challenges
-New battle system because the current one is the same since the very first generation
-New Elements/types
-A new 720 base stat monster, a dark/evil counterpart to Arceus maybe a destroyer Pokemon
-Access to all previous regions where you can challenge every gym and elite four
-Ability to Challenge Red and Silver with higher levels than ever before
-An actual sequel and not just a run of the mill Pokemon generation where we have the same 8 gyms, elite four, champ end kind of thing. I want a real development of the Pokemon universe just as what Gold and Silver did.

Back