XY What Cool New Pokémon / Evolution Do You Want to See in the 6th Generation?

RE: Another Eeveelution other than Sylveon?

Well, it's pretty strange that they only made one Eevelution compared to the older Generations, but maybe that's just because to introduce the new type Fairy further. I really would like to see a poison type Evee, or a Dragon type one. But well, I don't believe we'll get another Eevelution anymore. :(

RE: What Cool New Pokemon / Evolution Do You Want to See in the 6th Generation?

I think a Dragon-type Eeveelution is plausible. It would also mirror what happened in gen two. An Eevee of a new type (Umbreon, Sylveon) and an Eevee of the type that the other was created to combat (Espeon, Dragon-eon). If there is another Eevee, I'd put my money on it being Dragon.

Personally, I'd rather see a Poison Eevee with a Jolteon-esque spread, but oh well.

Poison Master said:
I think a Dragon-type Eeveelution is plausible. It would also mirror what happened in gen two. An Eevee of a new type (Umbreon, Sylveon) and an Eevee of the type that the other was created to combat (Espeon, Dragon-eon). If there is another Eevee, I'd put my money on it being Dragon.

Personally, I'd rather see a Poison Eevee with a Jolteon-esque spread, but oh well.

Well, it also could be poison type. As far as we know, poison will be super effective against Fairy.

I think it could go any way, Lovey. I'm a little disappointed that they used an Eeveelution to showcase fairy type in the first place. I wouldn't have included Dragon or Fairy in the Eeveelutions if I was a decision-maker (but I'm not), but at this point, I don't think it could be ruled out. However, while Glaceoon and Leafeon weren't released prior to the games, Umbreon and Espeon were, and were released side-by-side. By that, I'm not sure we will get another 'lution this release.
I know Dark WAS Special originally, but that's another thing I didn't like design wise in the games. It always seemed off. Dark type is just tricksy-ness and dirty fighting. It always seemed like a physical type to me. If you pay attention, every damaging Dark move before Generation IV is now a Physical move. Based on that, I'm not sure we're limited to Special types either.

Atadiusti said:
I think it could go any way, Lovey. I'm a little disappointed that they used an Eeveelution to showcase fairy type in the first place. I wouldn't have included Dragon or Fairy in the Eeveelutions if I was a decision-maker (but I'm not), but at this point, I don't think it could be ruled out. However, while Glaceoon and Leafeon weren't released prior to the games, Umbreon and Espeon were, and were released side-by-side. By that, I'm not sure we will get another 'lution this release.
I know Dark WAS Special originally, but that's another thing I didn't like design wise in the games. It always seemed off. Dark type is just tricksy-ness and dirty fighting. It always seemed like a physical type to me. If you pay attention, every damaging Dark move before Generation IV is now a Physical move. Based on that, I'm not sure we're limited to Special types either.

I agree completely! I'm not necessarily fond of the Sylveon design, and especially it being the face of Fairy-types, but I'm just hoping that if there's another Eevelution, it will redeem itself by being completely awesome.
And like you say, if these Special Types are kind of... Being ignored now, then maybe we can get another just as awesome type as an Eevelution since the rules are being changed here-and-there. I mean, a ghost or poison Eevelution would be just as awesome.

I'm not sure if we're supposed to make the distinction on this thread, but I kind of hope Flygon gets a Mega-Evolution. I feel like she deserves one more than Garchomp.
Also, Sableye. Definitely needs something

Atadiusti said:
Also, Sableye. Definitely needs something

I notice almost everyone who says this hasn't used Sableye to it's fullest before. With Prankster, Sableye becomes the troll it was always meant to be. I can only imagine what it would do to the metagame if it got an evo, and thus access to eviolite + priority substitute/recover. It's already a wrecking ball to unprepared Ubers teams, but with Eviolite it could be a top-of-the-tier threat in OU (it would clearly be ousted from UU), if it wasn't instantly banned to Ubers. I say all this theoretically and with a competitive point of view (and I know GF doesn't usually give much thought about balancing pokemon too much), but Prankster Sableye should still leave its mark in Kalos regardless of if it gets an Evolution.

Maybe I'm not that great at competitive battling, or my Sablye has worse IVs than I think. (Don't know how to check for sure), but even my Prankster Sableye is a little too squishy to do enough to make me feel like he actually made a difference. I just can't see him as a 'wrecking ball.'

Sableye's niche is burn/toxic stall and otherwise preventing the opponent from making headway while at the same time whittling away the foe's HP (the only attacks it really ever runs are Sucker Punch, Foul Play, and Night Shade depending on the set). I use the term "wrecking ball" to say it's hard to effectively stop when it gets it's momentum going, but (now that I think about more) you're probably taking my metaphor more in terms of direct offensive presence, which is not the case. I'm at a loss for a better term (besides 'King of Trolls'). Sableye isn't a one-pokemon team, but it definitely ruins unprepared teams (and would be even more difficult to stop if it could use Eviolite).

My Sableye is built as a stall. Detect, Toxic, Hone Claws/Recover, and Sucker Punch/Foul Play. Please pm me why anyone would put Nasty Plot in his moveset when his best damaging move is either Physical (Sucker Punch) or set damage unaffected by stats (Night Shade). And he never lasts very long. I might be able to get Toxic up, but it's a rare and lucky event that I can use him stall someone enough to whittle down to even half health. I'd love for him to be able to get bulkier with an Evolution/Eviolite. And if it turns out it's a MegaEvolution, I don't think an Eviolite will be applicable.

Rayquazapokemon20 said:
P.DelSlayer said:
technically we already have 2 cat Pokemon and 1 dog mon for the 6th gen already

I know but I Love Dog. Their are 339 breeds of dogs and Their are over 80 breeds of cats. Their shied be some Options.

We have 22 Pokemon based on canines and 14 based on cats, not counting the ambiguous Eeveelutions and Legendary Beasts. There are plenty of options.
Meanwhile, there are an estimated 6-10 million species of insects, 32,000 species of fish, a possible billion species of bacteria (something that has never really even been touched upon outside of PokeRus), etc...

Rayquazapokemon20 said:
P.DelSlayer said:
Technically we already have 2 cat Pokemon and 1 dog mon for the 6th gen already

I know but I Love Dog. Their are 339 breeds of dogs and Their are over 80 breeds of cats. There should be some Options.

Except that having more dogs/cats is not only generally disliked by the fandom, it also takes up space in the Pokedex for other, more unique designs.

What about a lionfish? They're generally well-known, and they have huge potential as Pokemon.
But instead we have another dog.

Like Frezgle said, there's so many canine/feline Pokemon already, why can't we just be content with them?

There's even technically been two canines and two felines revealed for X/Y, and one Pokemon that may have design origins in both.

The problem with plain dogs I suppose is that there's only so many themes before the fandom complains about 'uncreativity blah blah blah', which to a certain extent might be true; I know I'd much rather see a giant spider - one actually with 8 legs - than another plain dog.
It could be Bug/Dark, playing on the whole arachnophobia thing - with the right design, it could potentially be one of the more terrifying Bugs yet.
The only potential dog mon I'd want would be a whippet/greyhound, definitely with the electric type referencing their high speeds.
And thats only cos my lil baby puppy is a whippet and I have a certain soft spot for the little things
There's just so many unused things out there that have way more potential than cats and dogs.

Rayquazapokemon20 said:
I wood like 2 see more Dog Pokemon and Cat Pokemon.

Maybe not another cat as in cute-little-fluffy-snugglekins, but I'm still waiting for my Electric/Dark cheetah.

An Electric/Fire type would be amazing. It would also be nice to see some cool Ghost-types introduced this generation. Cofagrigus and Jellicent don't cut it.

Back