XY What Cool New Pokémon / Evolution Do You Want to See in the 6th Generation?

RE: What cool new Pokemon do you want to see in the 6th generation?

i would really love to see a locness monster and some pokemon that are similar to the ones from hoenn :)
and some cute ones like minccino or emolga :D

^Lapras is based on the lockness monster...

GoobieDoob said:
I know Pelipper is a really fat Sea Gull, but its wings make me think Albatross as soon as I see it.

Starters I want:
Grass/Ghost = Pumpkin of some sort, it is being released in October, you know.
Fire/Flying = Some kind of monkey (I know, but Chimchar sucked), but make it a flying spider monkey. Its main attack would probably be Acrobatics and Flame Charge.
Water/Fire - SERIOUSLY! MAKE IT! I need an Ocean Sunfish, and make its tail something like "Waterproof Flames." I really don't care, just make a Fire/Water, Ocean Sunfish!

1. Pelipper is a Pelican.
2. The starter's first forms have already been released, and there's no way in hell a rodent's going to become a pumpkin, a fox will become a monkey, or a frog will become a sunfish.

For fossils, we need them to be.. mammals.

Defense
either
Mastodon (prehistoric elephant unrelated, but somewhat similar, to a mammoth)
or
Glyptodont (a prehistoric armadillo)

Attack
either
Smilodon (sabertooth)
or
Brontothere (prehistoric rhino cousin)

Again... [animate]mamoswine[/animate]
305.gif
<-they pretty much already did several of those, just not as fossils

Half of the Rock types are fossils.

I actually hope we get no fossils for a change. And more casual Rock pokemon instead.
Take gen IV for example.. with just 107 new pokemon, with half being legends, evos, pre-evos, starters, pseudo-legend, pika-clone...there is barely any space left for casual pokemon, which then first of all go into a new bug/bird/rodent, something thats grass, something aquatic...
My point being, if they then make a typical fossil duo (Cranidos/Shieldon in that case), they feel like that's enough of Rock in it.

Its like what all you Fire-fanatics whine about. You get a badass 3 stage Fire pokemon guaranteed every gen, but because of it, the shorter gens don't manage to include casual fire pokes.

Or at least they should do something different.
Instead of a duo, make an Aerodactyl counterpart....or a 3 stage fossil...or make the fossil the pseudo-legend...ANYTHING!

Mitja said:
Instead of a duo, make an Aerodactyl counterpart....or a 3 stage fossil...or make the fossil the pseudo-legend...ANYTHING!

A 3-stage fossil would be highly unlikely. The TCG shows us that the fossil itself somewhat functions as a basic Pokémon, being under control of Nintendo, this is probably for a reason. Now, the TCG does not represent the games in any way, but it might be the reason why we have not seen a 3-stage fossil yet, because it would imply that the last member of that evolution line could be considered a stage 3 Pokémon, which is today still impossible.

Definitely a new eeveelution that will have everybody killing each other over its typing.

I would very much like to see, as mitja said, more causual snd usable mons in the rock, ghost, dark, and bug categories. But if not, definitely more casual moves in grass, bug, ghost, and rock types.

Pokequaza said:
Mitja said:

A 3-stage fossil would be highly unlikely. The TCG shows us that the fossil itself somewhat functions as a basic Pokémon, being under control of Nintendo, this is probably for a reason. Now, the TCG does not represent the games in any way, but it might be the reason why we have not seen a 3-stage fossil yet, because it would imply that the last member of that evolution line could be considered a stage 3 Pokémon, which is today still impossible.

I soooo totally do not care about the things TCG screws up to adjust to new things introduced into the franchise through the games. They can fix them by themselves, like they did in the past.

Basically, the games consistently improve in whatever way they want, and the TCG adjusts with improvisation. I don't see why this would change now.

They already messed up the logic you propose cannot be broken, by introducing a fourth Baby stage even though pokemon clearly have 3 stages at most. (and then they forgot to make the iconic baby pokemon Togepi a Baby stage anyway *facepalm*)
So Stage 3 is perfectly in line with how they approached such things in the past lol.

In case there is ever a 3 stage fossil pokemon (and TCG has no say in that, its perfectly valid in the games) they "shot themselves in the foot" by making fossils Basic and the actual initial stages Stage1...

Mitja said:
Pokequaza said:

I soooo totally do not care about the things TCG screws up to adjust to new things introduced into the franchise through the games. They can fix them by themselves, like they did in the past.

Basically, the games consistently improve in whatever way they want, and the TCG adjusts with improvisation. I don't see why this would change now.

They already messed up the logic you propose cannot be broken, by introducing a fourth Baby stage even though pokemon clearly have 3 stages at most. (and then they forgot to make the iconic baby pokemon Togepi a Baby stage anyway *facepalm*)
So Stage 3 is perfectly in line with how they approached such things in the past lol.

In case there is ever a 3 stage fossil pokemon (and TCG has no say in that, its perfectly valid in the games) they "shot themselves in the foot" by making fossils Basic and the actual initial stages Stage1...

Pokémon that have a Baby-stage cannot have a 2nd-stage, it is either one of them, not both. However this does not really matter. I just do not see them making a 3-stage fossil anytime soon.

Pokequaza said:
Mitja said:

Pokémon that have a Baby-stage cannot have a 2nd-stage, it is either one of them, not both. However this does not really matter. I just do not see them making a 3-stage fossil anytime soon.

And pokemon that have a 3rd stage, will have a 3rd stage, even though it would just be that one fossil pokemon....well no, theyd probably just redo fossils in TCG so they're Basic after being resurrected.

But it doesn't even matter, as TCG has no say in this, hence is not a valid basis for thinking what gen VI could or couldn't bring.

The TCG's most recent fossil Pokemon are put into play with Items (Plume Fossil, Cover Fossil, ect.) or the Stadium Twist Mountain and are treated as Revived Pokemon rather than Basic or Evolved Pokemon. The evolutions are regular Stage 1 cards (the second evolution stage, like Archeops, for those of you who don't play TCG), so I could see a Fossil Pokemon with 3 stages of evolution, as long as they keep it like this or has a different mechanic that treats the Revived Pokemon as a Basic. However, it would be completely unplayable if it is kept the same way. Fossil Pokemon are hard enough to get into play without being a stage 2.

I'd like to see a sawfish evolution line. I'd like it to be water/steel, steel for a chainsaw like thing.

There are a couple of things we could count on in the 6th gen so here are some ideas:

Regional rodent/small mammal:
- Guinea Pig (Normal) -> Capybara (Normal/Water)
- Black and Rufous Elephant shrew
- Naked molerat
- Starnosed mole
- Cloud rat
- Wombat

Regional bird:
- Heron
- Shoebill
- Quetzal
- Hoatzin

Regional primate:
- Baboon (Dark)
- Japanese Macaque (Water/Fire)
- Barbary Macaque (Normal/Ground) (To keep the European influence in X and Y)
- Orangutan (Grass/Fire)
- Lemur (Normal)

Potential Ghost/Dark type:
- A humanoid Pokémon resembling a Japanese Yokai known as the Kuchisake-onna

(the kuchisake-onna was a vain, gorgeous woman married to a samurai (in some accounts, a ninja) who distrusted her. Believing she was cheating on him, he sliced her mouth open at the sides--splitting her face open from ear to ear.

Now her spirit wanders, hiding her mouth behind a fan, the sleeve of a kimono, a stole, or the surgical-style masks now worn in cold and allergy seasons in Japan. She will ask anyone who comes across her, "watashi, kirei?" ("Do you think I'm beautiful?") The answer is usually a resounding "yes" due to her otherworldly beauty, but then she exposes her face and repeats the question; her otherworldly beauty giving way to otherworldly horror. If the person says or does anything besides saying "yes", she pursues him with a kama (sickle) or knife and replies "I want to do for you what has been done to me." However, she might attack regardless of whether the answer to her second question was "yes" or "no". She can't be outrun, and eventually slices her victim's mouth open ear to ear. Women killed in this fashion return as kuchisake-onna themselves.)

Garfieltwo said:
There are a couple of things we could count on in the 6th gen so here are some ideas:

Regional bird:
- Heron
- Shoebill
- Quetzal
- Hoatzin

Heron has apparently been done with Skarmory.
As for the others, I would prefer natural European wildlife, like Robins, Blackbirds, Woodpeckers, Snipes and Bluethroats.

I still think we need a honey badger, it's pretty much my favorite animal.

Re: What cool new Pokemon do you want to see in the 6th generation?

We need a better lion.

One with a Fighting/Ground typing, preferably.

Dat Close Combat and EQ STAB.

Or a standard Fire Lion. That's like a obvious as a Fire Horse.
But a Lion with Close Combat/Earthquake STAB would be a beautiful thing.

Re: What cool new Pokemon do you want to see in the 6th generation?

Maybe Lion Trio?

Fire/Psychic, Ground/Fighting, and Ice/Dark?

Back