XY What Cool New Pokémon / Evolution Do You Want to See in the 6th Generation?

RE: What cool new Pokemon/evolution do you want to see in the 6th generation?

Thief said:
Dragon Master Ryuuji said:
What is Probably going to happen/has a high chance of happening:
- Mermaid/Siren Pokemon (( In the early japanese novelization, it was stated there was a mermaid-like Pokemon located in France, so like Munna, a Mermaid Pokemon could have been planned but held back because it didn't fit. Now it does. ))

Could you give me a link where I can look at that? Not doubting you, just completely interested! I would LOVE a mermaid Pokémon. It could be Fairy/Water.

Sky Pillar said:
Could be based on the hitotsu-me yokai, I could see Fairy/ rock as a type combo for it.

That would be interesting and I wouldn't mind it at all. I was also thinking a Fairy/ghost though maybe. The objects protruding out from it's body could be rock-like, but almost seem like a mist/aura.

http://cindysuke.tumblr.com/post/34817930237/the-facts-about-pokemon-world-lol

Takes a bit of looking into but these books exist. Also clears up some things from the anime. While these are scrapped now, a Mermaid Pokemon is mentioned.

Sky Pillar said:
I guess the Hitmons are like namekians then. I still want female counterparts for them though, mainly because I want a feminine fighting-type

Am I the only one who thought that one/all of those could be based off of the Valkyries from Norse mythology? Maybe have them be Fighting/Fairy.

Red Striker said:
Sky Pillar said:
I guess the Hitmons are like namekians then. I still want female counterparts for them though, mainly because I want a feminine fighting-type

Am I the only one who thought that one/all of those could be based off of the Valkyries from Norse mythology? Maybe have them be Fighting/Fairy.

Considering X/Ys theme seems to be norse mythology, I'm expecting a Valkyrie.

One theory I have for Flabebe is that it is not only an alraune, but a cross between Alraune and Valkyrie. That would look really cool, almost royal looking even.

Fighting/ Fairy Valkyrie would be cool.

I'd like some of these as pokemon:

Western Goblin: Dark
Garm: Dark
Flamingo: Water/ Flying
Jormungadr: Dragon/ Fairy (maybe a dunsparce evo?)
Jynx Opera Evo: Ice/ Psychic
Wooly Rhinoceros: Ice/ Rock
Gargoyle: Rock/ Flying (I'm aware of gligar)
Swordsman: Fighting/ Steel

an evolution of Mightyena that looks more like this:

photo.jpg

Or perhaps a new hyena based pokemon. I.E. one based on the spotted hyena rather than the brown hyena and make them more hyena like. Also I would love the regional pokedex to make note that the lion like pokemon (the new one) tends to steal food from the hyena like one which tends to get its own food more often. Perhaps make the hyena like pokemon a fire type this time, or maybe a grass type (ya know, because hyenas live on the savannah of africa for the most part).

Or perhaps even a mix of lion and hyena. Lihena or something like that since Mightyena seems to be a mix of wolf and hyena but I tend to see more hyena features in it except for the genders but still more hyena like pokemon would be awesome though.

I like Hyenas being dark types; their image as "disgusting" and "bad" animals is unfair, yes, but they are still pretty brutal pack-hunters which is what the Dark type is partially about. Hyaena hyaena also totally lives up to their reputation as scavengers; it's much too weak to bring down larger prey and lives almost exclusively on carrion, which it's well adapted to consume no matter how old and rotten. It's also better adapted to eat pure bone than any other mammal, and eats so much bone that its droppings turn white :D

A skeleton-themed Hyena, with much more bone on it than Houndoom, would be really fun and appropriate.

There's also an old legend of a monster called the Leucrocotta, which was actually an exaggeration/gross misunderstanding of hyenas. It was said to have jagged, hard lips instead of teeth, imitated voices like a parrot to lure prey, and anything touching its shadow died as though poisoned. It appeared in the same ancient bestiaries as Manticores.

And speaking of old fantastical beasts, I'd love to see a Cockatrice, Basilisk or Catoblepas. Maybe a single pokemon combining themes of the three.

Sky Pillar said:
Gargoyle: Rock/ Flying (I'm aware of gligar)

I wouldn't say Gligar is really meant to invoke a gargoyle specifically, but Druddigon certainly is; some real gargoyles are carved in that same jagged design, and the pokedex says it "freezes" like a statue when it gets cold at night.

It might have definitely made more sense as dragon/rock

Seconded (or thirded; I lost count) for the fighting/fairy valkyrie, but valkyries fly, right? maybe with levitate?
And a water/fairy mermaid. Cute, please.
A basilisk is a good idea for a non-cute fairy, fairy/poison maybe?

professorlight said:
Seconded (or thirded; I lost count) for the fighting/fairy valkyrie, but valkyries fly, right? maybe with levitate?

Valkyries would be awesome (fighting and could fit in Fairy but aren't cute even though feminine). Mermaid is obvious for an option but I don't know why would basilisk be Fairy (mythological isn't exactly Fairy) even though I do want some evil Fairy. I would like gnomes making them Dark/Fairy (because it means not fighting in a correct way and they play pranks on people).

This generation I'm hoping for some rare type combinations; we've already seen a few new ones (even a new type already). I would like to see Ice/Electric, Fire/Electric, Water/Fire together, and more strong Bug types. There are many creatures who live close to underwater volcanoes, the Water/Fire types can be based on one of those animals (picture) . I would like to see a Fire/Ground type that is fast with a high special attack. I don't like the stat distribution of Camerupt.

An Ice type Pokémon based on an arctic fox would be great, and I would also like to see more supernatural creatures that can be used for the Fairy type (Goblins, Elves, Banshees, etc).

I really love Fire and Electric types, so if they can develop more of those with nice designs, they are always welcome!

Perhaps the Valkyries could be Fighting/Flying with some signature Fairy move to tie in this the astral background of where the Pokemon was based off of.

Drohn said:
This generation I'm hoping for some rare type combinations; we've already seen a few new ones (even a new type already). I would like to see Ice/Electric, Fire/Electric, Water/Fire together, and more strong Bug types. There are many creatures who live close to underwater volcanoes, the Water/Fire types can be based on one of those animals (picture) . I would like to see a Fire/Ground type that is fast with a high special attack. I don't like the stat distribution of Camerupt.

An Ice type Pokémon based on an arctic fox would be great, and I would also like to see more supernatural creatures that can be used for the Fairy type (Goblins, Elves, Banshees, etc).

I really love Fire and Electric types, so if they can develop more of those with nice designs, they are always welcome!
I agree with the rare/ unique type combos, but not the bug thing... last gen focused on making the bug-type competitively stable.

Flys Gone 2071 said:
professorlight said:

Valkyries would be awesome (fighting and could fit in Fairy but aren't cute even though feminine). Mermaid is obvious for an option but I don't know why would basilisk be Fairy (mythological isn't exactly Fairy) even though I do want some evil Fairy. I would like gnomes making them Dark/Fairy (because it means not fighting in a correct way and they play pranks on people).
Maybe you're right about the basilisk not being fairy, all Pokemon could be considered fantastic creatures, so it's hard to place a threshold of what might be used to make a fairy type and what could be better in other types, like moltres is a phoenix but not a fairy type.

Drohn said:

Glaceon is partially based in arctic foxes, I believe (also in snow dogs); the Gardevoir line are based on elves; and Misdreavus is a banshee (here's hoping for ghost/fairy).

I still want more hyena like pokemon, we already have one that is basically a brown hyena mixed with wolves (seriously, had they made it a pure hyena they probably would have had to do something to the female in order to not make it look like a male if you know what I am referring to). People may say that game freak is not being creative by making multiple different hyena like pokemon in a single generation I would have to say this:

Multiple hyenas in real life multiple species, different lions (extinct or not) in real life, multiple species, Now where are my hundreds of horse like pokemon at? where are my hundreds of whale like pokemon at? We need more whales, not just three (wailmer is counted alone for the sake of counting them and the whales are Wailmer, Wailord, and Kyogre, although Kyogre is based on the Killer Whale which is a dolphin which are basically small whales)

Raptor9229 said:
I still want more hyena like pokemon, we already have one that is basically a brown hyena mixed with wolves (seriously, had they made it a pure hyena they probably would have had to do something to the female in order to not make it look like a male if you know what I am referring to). People may say that game freak is not being creative by making multiple different hyena like pokemon in a single generation I would have to say this:

Multiple hyenas in real life multiple species, different lions (extinct or not) in real life, multiple species, Now where are my hundreds of horse like pokemon at? where are my hundreds of whale like pokemon at? We need more whales, not just three (wailmer is counted alone for the sake of counting them and the whales are Wailmer, Wailord, and Kyogre, although Kyogre is based on the Killer Whale which is a dolphin which are basically small whales)

You don't have to repeat yourself, send GF an email on the subject since we're just fans.

Pokemon =/= real life. Creating hundreds of pokemon based on the same species makes this game more of a zoo tycoon game as opposed to the "fantastical" otherworldly game filled with escapism it is supposed to be. If you want a game that focuses on reusing the same concept and is realistic as possible, pokemon isn't the game for you.

Sky Pillar said:
Raptor9229 said:

You don't have to repeat yourself, send GF an email on the subject since we're just fans.

Pokemon =/= real life, creating hundreds of pokemon based on the same species makes this game more of a zoo tycoon game as opposed to the "fantastical" otherworldly game filled with escapism. If you want a game that focuses on reusing the same concept and is realistic as possible, pokemon isn't the game for you.

Actually I still think it would be cool to see more hyenas or more whales though.

Definitely more whales. I wasn't all too satisfied with Wailmer and Wailord.

And how exactly would this other whales would be different from wailmer and wailord? there's not that many spins you could give to a whale. It will be always giant, it will always be water type, and there aren't too many different moves it would be able to learn.

When there's several pokemon based on the same animal, there's always major changes, focusing on other defining characteristics, changing types, moves, etc. there's just not many chances to do that with a whale.

professorlight said:
And how exactly would this other whales would be different from wailmer and wailord? there's not that many spins you could give to a whale. It will be always giant, it will always be water type, and there aren't too many different moves it would be able to learn.

When there's several pokemon based on the same animal, there's always major changes, focusing on other defining characteristics, changing types, moves, etc. there's just not many chances to do that with a whale.

Narwhals, Belugas, Sperm Whales, etc. we still have some unique whale designs to choose from.

On the subject:
I'd like a Water/ Dark Sperm Whale and for it to have a Water colossal squid version exclusive counterpart like Durant and Heatmor

Sky Pillar said:
professorlight said:

Narwhals, Belugas, Sperm Whales, etc. we still have some unique whale designs to choose from.

On the subject:
I'd like a Water/ Dark Sperm Whale and for it to have a Water colossal squid version exclusive counterpart like Durant and Heatmor

I would like to see a Dark/Water type Orca, simply because I like Killer Whales. I think they would be a nice design and would be a nice typing.

I want to see an electric/dark type like this one.

tumblr_lh3na4rjTn1qg1lfko1_500.png

Back