XY What Cool New Pokémon / Evolution Do You Want to See in the 6th Generation?

RE: What cool new Pokemon/evolution do you want to see in the 6th generation?

A Fire type red Panda...

:rolleyes:

Bogleech said:
What is really interesting is, paleontologists have discovered that Stegosaurus(s) have a second BRAIN in their tail.

Actually, this was theorized by the man who first discovered Stegosaurus, all the way back in 1877, and by the 1900's it was disproven. He thought it had a second brain because, at the time, people thought dinosaurs were "big, stupid lizards" and needed more than one brain to control their huge bodies. We also know now that this isn't necessary, as a brain of any size can control an animal of any size. :)

The concept of a creature with a second brain or head in its tail, however, has been around before dinosaurs, and is in lots of other monsters, without any connection to Stegosaurus. Girafarig's triangular back spines also have nothing in common with those of Stegosaurus; thousands of other cartoon monsters and real animals have those triangular plates.

There is nothing stegosaurus-like about Girafarig at all, intentionally or even accidentally. You could just as easily connect it to a crocodile or a snake :p

Well, this is something Bulbapedia says about Suicune: "Suicune's anatomy may also be based on the cheetah, which is considerable, due to the fact that cheetahs and leopards, both being swift, sleek spotted cats, are often confused with each other and thought to be the same animal."

Don't treat Bulbapedia's "origin" section as a source... It's written by completely ordinary fans, like you, who are making rough guesses. This is a reasonable guess, but it's still ONLY a guess, by some kid who edited the page at some point.

you're just one mean jerk, aren't you?
i don't know if it's just me reading it wrong, or if you're actually like this, but it looks like you're basically saying pokemon has never made a single mistake with information and anyone who thinks they used old inspiration before we had internet is stupid. that, and it seems like you pretty much insulted whoever typed up the info about the similarities between Suicune and cheetas and leopards. and the Bulbapedia info doesn't say it's 100% true, it says "may also be", as in not too sure, but it's possible.

Since when does pointing out flaws in a theory equivocate to malicious intent? No one is saying GameFreak never made a mistake, but evidence in numerous other pokemon designs shows that they actually do their research before basing a pokemon off real-life animals. All he was saying is that the Stegosaurus theory is a bit too far fetched and that, since there's no official stance by GameFreak on what the inspirations for most pokemon were, fan-maintained sites like Bulbapedia can not be treated as an absolute authority. The point they don't claim it to be guaranteed fact is irrelevant. If I were to propose a possible inspiration for, say, a designer dress (which I have zero experience regarding and I obviously was not present for the design process), my opinion would as valid a source as Bulbapedia is on this issue, whether I guessed correctly or not.

i don't know if it's just me reading it wrong, or if you're actually like this, but it looks like you're basically saying pokemon has never made a single mistake with information and anyone who thinks they used old inspiration before we had internet is stupid. that,

How the heck am I a jerk? I'm just saying a connection between Girafarig and a stegosaurus is such an extreme stretch that there's no way it was intentional. It's clearly just a giraffe with a head on its tail. Lots of monsters have heads on their tails, and double-ended creatures have been around before pokemon. The triangles on its back bear no more resemblance to a stegosaur than any other creature with spikes on its back, and are just stylized from a giraffe's mane.

It's like connecting Golbat to a pterosaur because they're both large predators with leathery wings, or connecting Lapras to a moray eel because they both have elongated necks and jaws. It's just a really random connection to make.

and it seems like you pretty much insulted whoever typed up the info about the similarities between Suicune and cheetas and leopards. and the Bulbapedia info doesn't say it's 100% true, it says "may also be", as in not too sure, but it's possible.

How is it an insult when I said it was a perfectly reasonable guess? The only reason I said anything is because the original poster ignored the "may be" part and basically said "bulbapedia implies it's a cheetah so it must be a cheetah." I'm just saying to take it with a grain of salt.

There is nothing rude about correcting people who are mistaken. At no point did I say anything that would be considered insulting or harsh.

To me, my posts read friendly, chipper and lighthearted. I shouldn't have to add smiley faces and junk to get that across, that's how you should be reading people's posts by default since we're only talking about fun video games.

Bogleech said:
i don't know if it's just me reading it wrong, or if you're actually like this, but it looks like you're basically saying pokemon has never made a single mistake with information and anyone who thinks they used old inspiration before we had internet is stupid. that,

How the heck am I a jerk? I'm just saying Girafarig can't possibly have any intentional connection to a stegosaur because it's clear they were only thinking about a giraffe and the honestly very comon concept of giving an animal a second head on its opposite end. It's a huge stretch to say it has anything to do with stegosaurus just because it has triangles on its back.

and it seems like you pretty much insulted whoever typed up the info about the similarities between Suicune and cheetas and leopards. and the Bulbapedia info doesn't say it's 100% true, it says "may also be", as in not too sure, but it's possible.

How is it an insult when I said it was a perfectly reasonable guess? The only reason I said anything is because the original poster ignored the "may be" part and basically said "bulbapedia implies it's a cheetah so it must be a cheetah." I'm just saying to take it with a grain of salt.

There is nothing rude about correcting people who are mistaken. At no point did I say anything that would be considered insulting or harsh.

To me, my posts read friendly, chipper and lighthearted. I shouldn't have to add smiley faces and junk to get that across, that's how you should be reading people's posts by default since we're only talking about fun video games.

i'm sorry, when i read it i was eating breakfast so i was still waking up a bit, but to me, it seemed like you just said that similarities should be ignored since there's no hard evidence, and that it's only some little kids typing all the stuff (which offended me since i've put up quite a few things, including the flower similarity thing on Meganium's page)

I've put up a bunch of basis entries too, which is all the more reason not to take them too seriously, I'm just a fan speculating on things myself :p

I mean they're things I'm 99% sure of, but that's just me. The creators could've totally had something else in mind.

I would definitely love to have a bottlenose dolphin Pokemon. I seriously have no idea why there hasn't been one yet.

Jeez. Sorry if I started any arguments, but I was just pointing out how Girafarig had some similar characteristics to a Stegosaurus. I never said that Girafarig is a definite giraffe and Stegosaurus hybrid.

Let's get more on topic. Shall we? ;)

An incredibly strong Poison/Dragon would make me happy. <:

GoldenDP said:
An incredibly strong Poison/Dragon would make me happy. <:

I would be welcome to a Poison/Dragon Pokemon this generation. In mythology, dragons often spray poison, rather than breathe fire. Or, for a more realistic approach, I think a Komodo Dragon would fit quite well, even if it has been mentioned at least a dozen times.

I've created a small movepool for a Komodo Dragon 'mon. Here it is.

Lick - 1
Leer - 1
Tail Whip - 4
Bite - 11
Rollout - 17
Slam - 23
Acid - 28
Gastro Acid - 34
Crunch - 39
Poison Fang - 46
Sludge Bomb - 50
Acid Spray - 54
Stomp - 60

Or something like that.

I am not sure if this has been mentioned, but Helioptile's evolution could be based on a frilled lizard! I can see that its ears or whatever they are fold out into three parts. Maybe its final evolution will be a full frill, like a circle, which would look like a giant solar panel or tanning foil.

Attachments

• helioptile.jpg
    helioptile.jpg
    6.8 KB · Views: 7
  • frilled-neck-lizard4d.jpg
    frilled-neck-lizard4d.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 10

Why just its evolution? Helioptile is already a frilled lizard. Just because the frills are small doesn't mean it isn't...there are no other lizards with any similar appendages.

Making it electric type and solar powered was a neat idea.

What if Helioptile is the Pikachu / Pachirisu / Emolga of this generation and never evolves?
I'd like to see a powerful Poison & Steel type Porcupine with two different stages of evolution. The existing Pokemon I'd most like to see evolve is Torkoal.

Sesquipedalian said:
What if Helioptile is the Pikachu / Pachirisu / Emolga of this generation and never evolves?
I'd like to see a powerful Poison & Steel type Porcupine with two different stages of evolution. The existing Pokemon I'd most like to see evolve is Torkoal.

Didn't think of that one. Gogoat is a gimmicky Pokemon and Fletchling is the early bird. So the Pikachu of the Gen wouldn't be surprising if it was revealed at the same time.

I did think of that possibility, but it doesn't seem too likely to me, given that they've all been cuddly rodents before now. But it's possible.

Sesquipedalian said:

I think Helioptile may be based on this salamander. It says that the spotted salamander can have a symbiotic relationship with a green alga that photosynthesizes.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spotted_salamander

beaulier said:
Sesquipedalian said:

I think Helioptile may be based on this salamander. It says that the spotted salamander can have a symbiotic relationship with a green alga that photosynthesizes.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spotted_salamander

that makes sense, since heliophilia is just when an organism is attracted to large amounts of sunight, but that alone wouldn't explain how Helioptile gets energy from the sun's rays... I think this is very clever, especially since they didn't make it part grass-type

I kinda hope Helioptile doesnt evolve. That would make me like him better honestly I think.

So we have; the Starters, the basic bird, basic Normal-type (re-used), possibly the basic Electric type (not a Pikachu clone this time, thought could be more like Mareep/Shinx (2-stage evo line)), early Fighting-type (like Mankey?) and early Grass-type (like Shroomish?)

I think the Delibird/Chatot bird should be:
Based on a Swift.
Basic: Quift (Quick+Swift)
Type: Normal/Flying
Dex entry: This Pokémon is very rarely seen on the ground. The longest recorded flight time for a Quift is 5 years.

Basic Bug 1:
Based on a Cockroach in its lifespan.
Basic: Oovtheca (Ovi+Ootheca)
Type: Normal/Bug
Stage 1: Nymvae (Nymph+Larvae)
Type: Bug
Stage 2: Rotenna (Cockroach+Antenna)
Type: Bug/Dark

Basic Bug 2:
Based on a Blue bottle fly in its lifespan.
Basic: Maggle (Maggot+Wriggle)
Type: Bug
Stage 1: Soipate (Soil+Pupate)
Type: Bug/Ground
Stage 2: Fascifly (Fascinating+Fly)
Type: Bug/Fairy or Bug/Flying

If Fairy Pokémon are finally confirmed, I want a Water/Fairy Goblin Shark (Goblark? Goblish?) and a Ghost/Fairy Dullahan. Both would be pretty unconventional fairies, and I'm not using "pretty" in the "beautiful" sense.

Back