Discussion What cards will go up in price or be in high demand once Guardians Rising is released?

yologirl001

Aspiring Trainer
Hi, I was wondering what are some cards to stock up on? I was thinking lapras gx, manaphy, maybe palkia, glaceon, and perhaps other water types. What are some cards to get alot of now that will sell for a higher price once Guardians Rising is here?

I think that water is going to get quite big with this new expansion but that doesn't mean that all water types are going up in price. I think that Lapras-GX and maybe Palkia-EX are good investments, but not much else is going to rise.

A card that I think will fall in price is Jirachi-EX, mainly since Tapu Lele is better in every way (higher HP, no retreat cost, no weakness, better attack). For collectors it will keep some value, but it won't stay the same price. I'm expecting a $5 to $10 drop over the summer.

I think that water is going to get quite big with this new expansion but that doesn't mean that all water types are going up in price. I think that Lapras-GX and maybe Palkia-EX are good investments, but not much else is going to rise.

A card that I think will fall in price is Jirachi-EX, mainly since Tapu Lele is better in every way (higher HP, no retreat cost, no weakness, better attack). For collectors it will keep some value, but it won't stay the same price. I'm expecting a $5 to $10 drop over the summer.

Jirachi does have one thing over lele: 90HP, so can be level ball searched to sycamore/juniper for a hand of 7

Manaphy has already gone up in price. around $20-$25 on the FA and $15 on the regular.

I think Nest Ball SR will enjoy a price increase as some decks may ditch Shaymin EX entirely for Tapu Lele, cutting ultra ball from decks that do not also dig out of discard

I think the price of fury belt may decrease since the amount of them ran in a deck will drop in favour of choice band (eg 3 fury belt to 1 fury belt/ 2 choice band.)
Like jirachi, the price of shaymin may decrease because people may drop a shaymin in their deck for a tapu.
The price of garb will drop significantly since tool removal is coming in the next set, and keeping a tool on garb will be hard.
Expanded trevenant will potentially make a resurgence considering there is a grass phantump, meaning you can use forest of giant plants to get t1 item lock.

I think Nest Ball SR will enjoy a price increase as some decks may ditch Shaymin EX entirely for Tapu Lele, cutting ultra ball from decks that do not also dig out of discard
Nest ball puts a pokemon straight onto the bench instead of hand, meaning you cannot use the ability since you have to bench it from your hand

While Tapu Lele is obviously a better card, one area where it's at a disadvantage to Jirachi-EX is that Jirachi-EX can still be searched via Scoundrel Ring. I'll try and sell my spare Jirachi-EX though just to be safe.

You can also search for Jirachi with a Level Ball, which means it's definitely going to stay on some lists, at least (coughTrevenantcough).

Back