XY What Are You Using the Master Ball for?

RE: What will you use / have you used your Master Ball for?

...I had to use mine... on a Phantump... It knew Curse and False Swipe didn't affect it so after two failed Luxury Balls it cursed twice leaving it with 1 HP (I nearly had a heart attack) I decided not to risk it and catch it with a Master Ball. It was unfortunate waste but it was either that or start a whole chain of Phantump again. The Phantump isn't very powerful, bad nature and wrong IVs, but I like to keep as a memory of my successful chains.

I'll use mine for an event legendary or Zapdos if I win one in the Lottery.

Believe it or not, during my first battle with Xerneas, when I threw my first pokeball I caught it. So I ended up using my Master Ball on Mewtwo! I believe I spent a good twenty-thirty minutes throwing ultra balls and dusk balls at Mewtwo before giving up. Every day I try to remember to visit the loto ticket shop to try and win a Master Ball, as it would be helpful when running into a shiny!

Hahaha I haven't used my master ball yet. I catch legendaries by ultra ball, and quick ball if the legendaries are roamers. I think I'll keep my master ball. Thanks to the Capture o-power it has made it easy to catch legendaries! lol XD!

Knowing myself, I probably won't use it. Going to wait till I meet a Pokémon who's really rare like some legendary, and end up never using it like always :l

Have not used mine at all - in fact, I gave it away. Had my newly hatched Buizel hold onto it and Wonder Traded away (got a Cyndaquil in return - a Pokemon I actually wanted at the time).

PMJ said:
What did you guys use the Master Ball on? I've already caught Mewtwo and Zygarde, and Articuno will eventually become stationary if I understand it right so there's no reason to throw it at him, either. The Safari Zone as we know it doesn't exist so there's no chance of finding a shiny that I run the risk of being unable to catch.

I guess there's always the random shiny exploder?

I used it on Xerneas.

I caught Moltres, Mewtwo, and Zygarde in Ultra Balls, and rather quickly too.

I caught all my legendaries in ultra balls and had to use my master ball on a shiny smergle that nearly struggled its self to death -.- no explosions, just struggles

LiepardTrainer said:
Have not used mine at all - in fact, I gave it away. Had my newly hatched Buizel hold onto it and Wonder Traded away (got a Cyndaquil in return - a Pokemon I actually wanted at the time).
Oh, I was wondering how I got that second Master Ball.

Just kidding. That would have been a cool wonder trade for somebody. The only really useful item I traded away was my amulet coin. I figure I had over $2,000,000 on the game so far without it, so I didn't need the Amulet coin.

Anyways, back on topic, I haven't used my Master ball yet either. Chances are that the only thing I'll use mine on is an event pokemon.

Some sites said the master ball cannot be passed down. So once it's used, its gone unless other methods exist. That's why thinking whether to use it or not.

:rolleyes:I might use it on a shiny. I have caught Xerneas and Zygarde I haven't caught Mewtwo yet nor Zapdos. I don't want to use it on them. I want to try to catch them with regular balls. My son the lucky stinker was able to catch his Yuveltal buy whipping just one quick ball at it. I haven't ran into a shiny in X yet. But got three in Diamond. I don't know, I may not use it at all. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Since I had 2 Master balls from both versions I traded Articuno holding Master ball for Registeel, which helped me to have all non event legendaries and eventually to receive the Shiny charm

Still keep it so I can caught any wild shiny that I will meet *hopefully*. Already caught all other legend without masterball.

RE: Pokémon X / Y General Discussion - Don't Post Topics That Have Their Own Thread!

MrSquarepants said:
I'm saving my masterball until I run into a shiny that can roar, explode or teleport. I ran into a shiny Abra once but the shiny Gothorita I caught like a hour before had Shadow Tag so that was a miracle out of a hat. :b
Did you know that an Abra always stays in a Quick Ball (with full health). (Obviously on the first turn.)

(And yes, with always I mean the real 100%.)

Used mine on Yvetal. Dumb decision. :|
Apparently they're (the legendaries) even easier to catch this gen. I just got excited I guess. Should have saved it for a shiny.

I usually use catch Pokémon in Pokéballs that fit them. eg Zekrom in a Luxury Ball, Reshiram in a Premier Ball, Zyg in a Dusk Ball...

So, obviously, I used the Master Ball on M2. Like, it even has a M on it hahahaha.

Nope, haven't used mine. I might save mine, and transfer to Z/X2/Y2. I enjoy catching legendaries on a hard way. At least something in X/Y is hard.

Right before I started a new game on Pokémon Y I used my Master Ball to catch Mewtwo. I mainly did it because the "m" on it and the colour kind of make it a perfect fit for Mewtwo. :p And it would be wasted if I didn't use it.

I also used my Master Ball on Mewtwo right before restarting my copy of X, but mostly just because I felt saving a Mewtwonite X would be more useful than saving the Master Ball, plus free Mewtwo. >_>

Back