Finished Werewolf XXXIII: Order in the Court!- Congratulations Law!

Status
Not open for further replies.
This happens every game. Camo denies all responsibility for any arguments that occur between us, which is impossible when there are two sides and I usually try to avoid them wherever possible as it's incredibly distracting. I had a memory lapse on us being in the same dimension Day 1 last game (because he never talked) but that's not a scumtell so much as me just being derpy. I also always tell new players to ignore Camo's tunnelling on them because, as is quoted there, Camo's tactics push lynches -- not necessarily scum lynches. Sometimes those two things just coincide.

Ignores the fact that he hasn't told new players to ignore me in any of the recent games.

@bbninjas I meant my /last/ 4-5. I played since TheGuy's game long ago.

I do actually find weird that you took such a few time to respond to simsands, but I /do/ see you skimming it. :v

Anyways, case on Celever does look solid. I'll look into it a bit more and vote after I get back from class.

##UNVOTE: Luispipe8
##VOTE: Skyleaf2000

Hosts, if it's tedious you don't have to count any votes I've made up until this point.

##UNVOTE: Luispipe8
##VOTE: Skyleaf2000

Hosts, if it's tedious you don't have to count any votes I've made up until this point.

Your ability is a pretty annoying for vote counts...

But I'm not sure why do we even bother to know who Phoenix? I don't think the town gonna benefit from this at all

Your ability is a pretty annoying for vote counts...

But I'm not sure why do we even bother to know who Phoenix? I don't think the town gonna benefit from this at all
I don't think the hosts intended it to be used like this.

And after I finish this (not saying if I Found Phoenix or not), I can clear another townie on later days.

##UNVOTE: Skyleaf2000
##VOTE: GM DracLord

I think both cases are pretty weak right now. Why not go with a confirmed thief who didn't really defend himself when Robin called him out? at least for now of course.

Luis' celebration of the nightkill can be construed as scum trying to appear townie. I did that as scum before, actually, and I've read that it's an established scummy act for some. The psychology behind it is that thinking town = happy when scum is dead and scum = happy when town is dead, the scum tries to make this seem like their prominent trait in the thread. Admittedly, it's not anything that specifically tells a player is scum and can be easily explained away if that player has never done it before (like Luis apparently has), but you can consider it a starting point for suspicion. If more solid proof that paints him suspicious comes along in the future, this would make that event then easier to accept and consider.

Right now, though, I'm also suspicious of several players for slightly similar reason: being caught out for not following the thread. Yes, this can be easily explained away by being inactive and busy, but even I who is indeed busy because of work manage to follow the thread enough to know that tgk is doing his voting because of his role... -since yesterday-. I don't even need to do deep analysis of posts, even with just the initial skim reading every post so far has given me an general idea of what is currently going on. There's just something odd in particular about not having an idea of what's occuring with tgk, especially since he was the first lynch and that was just yesterday. Well, this is just one major bullet for them in my List of Why This Player is Suspicious.

The theft on Robin sounds interesting, if only because I didn't consider the Evidence in our roles as Items that could be stolen, but more of another Ability. Still, I think it's rather (un)fortunate that this has revealed Robin's identity (for me, at least). I, however, have a hard time believing Miyami got this from a 3rd person. I think it's more likely she stole it. I don't really see the point of a role that could steal items and then immediately pass it to another player? Seems random and complicated. And there isn't any flavor I could correlate with it.

Miyami, assuming your claim is true, is it possible you could post what occurred when you got the Badge? Like was it specifically handed over to you by a character with description? Or was it just dropped or left with you or something?

Thieves aren't necessarily anti-town.

I'm surprised no one thinks that forcing the town to hit majority or else RNG lynch time is something we should keep around.

And after I finish this (not saying if I Found Phoenix or not), I can clear another townie on later days.
Him saying this struck me as a bit odd for some reason... Why add in the underlined part if you hadn't found Phoenix yet? Maybe it's just me, but if I hadn't found Phoenix yet I wouldn't think to put that in.
Just a little thought.

Since clearly my post pointing out why simsands' post is flawed hasn't garnered any attention, I won't bother finishing it. I'll respond to his bullet points at the bottom, though:
We start off with the regular RVS stuff. Some focus on TGK because of the d20 joke. Then bb makes his future reference post which makes Celever drop everything and start focusing completely on him, almost dismissing every other case that starts to pop up.
Again, this isn't exactly what happened, and all of your notes in this post actually prove it. I was sharing thoughts on all players while keeping up pressure on bb to get him to crack.
He eventually mentions getting bad vibes from TGK and Robin, but almost immediately afterwards starts buddying with Robin. His focus on bb continues along some minor squabbles with Camo, until TGK's claim. Seemingly giving up on bb at this point (And later on apparently has forgotten about it), he starts trying to get info out of the players, but still continues arguing with bb for a while.
A couple of points here. First of all, I've already explained that I was attacking TGK's case and not "buddying" Robin like you claim. Protecting Robin is somewhat of a by-product I guess. I don't know why you say I forgot about pressuring bb as I've never dumbtelled about that -- a quote'd be nice. Also, there's even less focus on bb at this stage in the day than earlier on, so I'm not sure what you're trying to meanby the latter part of that last sentence.
Then towards the end of the day, we get to the episode where Celever claims scum, then places a somewhat OMGUS-y vote on me when I vote him for it.
This isn't noteworthy. You continuing to bring it up is losing your case credibility (so I guess to that degree, bring it up all you want! :D)
From his posts, I can see the following things:
  • Tunneling
As earlier mentioned, there was no tunneling. Tunneling is 100% attention on that person, or close enough to that. Your notes show that I was talking about a wide range of players, but keeping the majority of my pressure on one person. This is just as good or better than everyone else in the game.
  • Contradictions
Provide some examples please. The only one I really saw was when I said I was getting weird vibes from Robin and then proceded to attack TGK's case on him, which isn't really a contradiction.
  • Some clever backpedals
Once again, examples would be appreciated.
  • Role-fishing
What, when I wanted to see Carson's wording? As we soon found out, this was extremely pro-town, as TGK managed to misunderstand every part of his role! He had nothing to hide because he'd already claimed so no, not role fishing.
...isn't a scumtell. It's an extremely useful tactic when someone flips so that we can see who they trusted, but everyone buddies. I've been trying to remain reasonably affiliation neutral thus far anyway because I usually get called out for buddying players. Sure, I'm giving new players some leg room. I always do this.
  • Too quick to dismiss some cases
Subjective & not a scumtell.
And as Camo has pointed out, he seems very eager to lead from time to time.
Not consciously. I get called out for this every game, and it's just because I'm active I think.
Some plus points though, he is trying to make people contribute and has given town at least one or two good ideas.
How much do you think the good is proportionate to the bad?
Just read through the Celever case, and it seems really believable. For now, I feel comfortable placing my vote here.

##VOTE: Celever
I'd like to see more content than a generic bandwagon please. What in particular made you think I'm scum? Or are you just throwing your weight behind your buddy's lynch? It's always a good idea to develop your posts as much as possible or the town can't formulate very good reads on you, and your opinion essentially counts for less as less people are persuaded by them. :)
After reading both the Celever and Luis cases, I feel inclined to put this as my vote, at least temporarily.
##VOTE: Luispipe8
What about yourself? Do you have anyone who you think is a major scumread? It doesn't have to be a full-fledged case, but that post is essentially saying "I have no opinions of my own, but I think Luis is scummier than Cel". That's not particularly useful in the event that, for example, you die -- then town can't look back and look for your reads. This is a smart thing to do if you're scum, but then you get called out on it, like here. :U
I'm not as confident about Luis as I am about Celever. His scum gameplay is very similar to his town game and it can be very hard to differentiate them. He is scummy no matter his alignment. That's not to say that he isn't an extremely viable lynch, he is.

##UNVOTE: LUISPIPE8
##VOTE: CELEVER
JS, this is major WIFOM. If you're scum, you've got an outlet both ways here. Either the lynch gets buildup and great, you lynch a townie, or you need to jump off the wagon, in which case you've already made the whole "his playstyle is scummy no matter what" disclaimer and all that fun stuff. You need to develop your reasoning more tbh.
So you think Camo's scummy now? because this time he was tunneling you.
The totally honest answer is that I don't try and read Camo any more. He's too enigmatic for you to derive any substance or genuine content from his post so I just wait for an info role to scan him or for the town to run out of leads and eventually lynch him for being distracting and argumentative. It happens every game, and it's impossible to push a lynch on him earlier on because everyone else is in pretty much the same boat as far as I can tell..
You should know by now that I will generally skim read bulks of text like that. I was just about to go to school anyway, so I didn't even have the time to read properly, so instead I made a quick comment to encourage your defense and give some slight pressure (which may have worked! :0).
Surely it would have been more lucrative to not post at all -- assuming you're town? I mean, when I'm town, I don't throw my weight behind a case I've only skimmed because if when I read into it later it turns out the case is terrible, I've got a backpedal on my hands. Why were you so eager to give me the vote?
You feeling the need to write this is scummy, and indicates minor panic on your part.
Please refer to: "An experienced player can make anything a scumtell." Seriously, it applies here big time.
My vote isn't even on you! You're got pretty fussed up over a few words. xD
I was scanning those earlier posts on my phone in all fairness. Jabber mentioning you made me think it was a vote.
Just a thought of [future reference] stuff from me:

- Townie points to simsands for being bothered to go back and read the entire thread to build that case on Celever. I can barely be bothered to do that as town (I get bored), let alone scum.
Don't scum typically have a greater interest in the game? Your post is arguing the contrary, which confuses me somewhat. Would you like to rephrase?
Ignores the fact that he hasn't told new players to ignore me in any of the recent games.
I told Mia to ignore you before Dimensional Shift via Skype. I'm sure she and TGK can verify, as he also warned her about you -- she asked us what some of the players on the site are like. In Harry Potter there wasn't a new player IIRC except Empoleon_master, and I did tell him to ignore you. And no, I'm not farming a thread for an arbitrary quote, it will have to be my word against yours if you're so inclined to lie about it.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Right now, I'm unsure about lynches. The high prosecutor's badge is absolutely toxic and if that gets into scum's hands (since we know there's a thief now) that could be kinda traumatic if there are inactives later on too.

Speaking of, ##VOTE: @King Xerneas. Try talking a bit. :U

I don't think the hosts intended it to be used like this.
I think the way you're using your ability is actually quite creative and intuitive. It might be annoying for the hosts and players, but you're using it to your advantage and I like that.

I'd like to see more content than a generic bandwagon please. What in particular made you think I'm scum? Or are you just throwing your weight behind your buddy's lynch? It's always a good idea to develop your posts as much as possible or the town can't formulate very good reads on you, and your opinion essentially counts for less as less people are persuaded by them. :)
If you can't tell from the vote count, I am making a small reveal but my vote literally counts for nothing until next day (Damn it, TGK!). You do have a good point on developing my posts, though, so I'll try to put more content into my posts. As for whether I thought you were scum, sometimes it's hard for me to explain things properly, but from the start I had a strange feeling about you being scum. However, I decided not to put my vote on you, as I wanted to lynch EM for inactivity.

Only TGK's current vote will be included in the future vote counts, until he's done using his ability or the day ends.

Last edited:
I'm surprised no one thinks that forcing the town to hit majority or else RNG lynch time is something we should keep around.
I don't think the way he revealed was scummy. While his role does typically belong to scum it can be on town.

This isn't noteworthy. You continuing to bring it up is losing your case credibility (so I guess to that degree, bring it up all you want! :D)
It is noteworthy. You also imply that a case becomes less credible if one point is wrong. That's not necessarily true.

As earlier mentioned, there was no tunneling. Tunneling is 100% attention on that person, or close enough to that. Your notes show that I was talking about a wide range of players, but keeping the majority of my pressure on one person. This is just as good or better than everyone else in the game
Poor definition of tunneling molded to fit his interests.

Not consciously. I get called out for this every game, and it's just because I'm active I think.
No it's because you are trying to lead.

JS, this is major WIFOM. If you're scum, you've got an outlet both ways here. Either the lynch gets buildup and great, you lynch a townie, or you need to jump off the wagon, in which case you've already made the whole "his playstyle is scummy no matter what" disclaimer and all that fun stuff. You need to develop your reasoning more tbh.
You have no idea what you are talking about. I can't believe you try to lead.

The totally honest answer is that I don't try and read Camo any more. He's too enigmatic for you to derive any substance or genuine content from his post so I just wait for an info role to scan him or for the town to run out of leads and eventually lynch him for being distracting and argumentative. It happens every game, and it's impossible to push a lynch on him earlier on because everyone else is in pretty much the same boat as far as I can tell.
Sure the person who is under heavy suspicion would say this.

The high prosecutor's badge is absolutely toxic and if that gets into scum's hands (since we know there's a thief now) that could be kinda traumatic if there are inactives later on too.
Very interesting how this seems to imply that the badge isn't already in scum's hands. After all it was already stolen...

Surely it would have been more lucrative to not post at all -- assuming you're town? I mean, when I'm town, I don't throw my weight behind a case I've only skimmed because if when I read into it later it turns out the case is terrible, I've got a backpedal on my hands.
Firstly, backpedals is a stupid tell because it makes a lot of town too afraid to back down from a wagon when they really should be. Secondly, I don't play town how you play town.

Why were you so eager to give me the vote?
Never did, never have. I was eager to see your case, because for you, I see cases and your responses to be very helpful in deciding your alignment.

Please refer to: "An experienced player can make anything a scumtell." Seriously, it applies here big time.
Explain.

Don't scum typically have a greater interest in the game? Your post is arguing the contrary, which confuses me somewhat. Would you like to rephrase?
As scum I have less interest in scumhunting not the game.
Harry Potter
?

Right now, I'm unsure about lynches. The high prosecutor's badge is absolutely toxic and if that gets into scum's hands (since we know there's a thief now) that could be kinda traumatic if there are inactives later on too.
I think Camo's point on this is very viable. Awaiting response from Celever.

I think the way you're using your ability is actually quite creative and intuitive. It might be annoying for the hosts and players, but you're using it to your advantage and I like that.
*exploiting it

Anyways you should stop revealing your vote. It's not helping you at all.

Oh, last night I was given a one-off grave digging role by a third party (unless that third party wants to target me again :p) so that Poison Locket hasn't been taken out of the game.

This means that Godot is still going to die on Night 3. I've just scanned his wikipedia page and he's not a bad guy, so if anyone has the ability to destroy evidence (a few characters have done this before) you'd be saving a townie's life.
If this is true (which I think it is), shouldn't the player who is Godot claim? Since they're gonna die and stuff, we can have a clear (I think? :x) for a couple of days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back