Finished Werewolf XXIX: Melee - Finished!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ahhhh wait! @Keeper of Night!

I've got it!!!!!

Yeowie claimed role cop! He said he could completely claim IE's role, but would only provide PMJ's if he had to.

This is because he only had PMJ's ability, but he really did have IE's because it was a safe claim.

Guys Ice Espeon is scum.

Need something Squirtle?

I want to know how Yeowie gave role names when he could only get the name of abilities. Well, I guess some ability names may make it obvious, but he claimed cop and immediately gave us IE's role as evidence, which he never countered. PMJ may not have had time to respond, but I'd be willing to bet that he wasn't a part of whatever Yeowie was planning.
Which means either Yeowie was really good at guessing and got two roles right, or he gave us IE's role claiming cop to "prove" his claim, and hit an ability on PMJ that made it really obvious he was Jiggly (anything with singing would be a dead give away). This could mean IE is is scum partner and ICs was a safe-claim, as PMJ posted previously.

This would all be negated if there was a scum role cop that was simply feeding information to the others, and Yeowie used it in his attempt to seem more useful than he actually was. But I want to hear from both IE and PMJ on the matter.

That would make sense, especially if he figured he'd be targeted last night by town, then he could of opted not to take any action. I'm going to wait for IE to speak before I put a vote on him as I want to hear his side and SS has voted against him now.

##VOTE: Ice Espeon
I didn't realize he said he could see roles. So odds really are that IE is his partner, and he simply got a lucky hit off PMJ with an ability that made his role obvious. He had two nights after all to get such a result, if IE was his partner he wouldn't have actually had that result.

(Also, I didn't mean to sound mean, Squirtle, that's just usually my response to random votes on me.)

Haha I didn't take it that way, you were just the only one around so I'd figure id vote you to get your thoughts and get the discussion rolling :p

But yes I'm almost sold on IE being scum. After everything Yeowie claimed in addition to the role he flipped it sounds highly probable that he was trying to get IE cleared alongside PMJ.

Yep I'm almost certain he got the lucky hit on PMJ :)

Anyways, bed time now, we need to the info for the next day period so try not to turbo lynch IE please!

Now, Yeowie attempted to clear PMJ and IE yesterday and he didn't had any investigative abilities as far as role names go. That means that either he knew this from his scum companions or it was a lame long shot at a weird strategy and PMJ and IE are his partners. Don't know how viable this lead is, though.

I want to know how Yeowie gave role names when he could only get the name of abilities. Well, I guess some ability names may make it obvious, but he claimed cop and immediately gave us IE's role as evidence, which he never countered. PMJ may not have had time to respond, but I'd be willing to bet that he wasn't a part of whatever Yeowie was planning.
Which means either Yeowie was really good at guessing and got two roles right, or he gave us IE's role claiming cop to "prove" his claim, and hit an ability on PMJ that made it really obvious he was Jiggly (anything with singing would be a dead give away). This could mean IE is is scum partner and ICs was a safe-claim, as PMJ posted previously.

This would all be negated if there was a scum role cop that was simply feeding information to the others, and Yeowie used it in his attempt to seem more useful than he actually was. But I want to hear from both IE and PMJ on the matter.

Look at the dead players' role PMs. They all have ability names that makes it really obvious who they are. If you checked an ability of a player and you got "PSI Magnet" as a result, it would be a dead giveaway that you have just inspected Ness. My role is like that and I'm betting everyone else's is, too. That's why Yeowie said he was a role cop, because he basically was.

The better question, I think, is why does scum need a role cop, or a player who can act like one? As an aside, I look back at Yeowie's flip and I wonder if he gets the entire ability, or just the ability name...

My role isn't that clear of a giveaway, that's why I didn't really consider that option. Still, I'd be willing to take that route if we don't get another lead.

I completely overlooked Camo could have been Jailed at first, but it definitely makes a lot of sense, since I saw the other 2 dead players not being tagged.

Here's my role:

You are the Ice Climbers, and you are aligned with The Game. In Melee you are the only ‘two in one character‘ and take advantage of this. You excel in grabs because of your chaining potential.

Passive Ability: Two in One
Your vote weight is 2.

Win Condition: All members of Master Hand's Minions are eliminated.

I'm guessing Yeowie got my role name from the "Two in One" thing. I'm still catching up at the moment after loads of University stuff, so bear with me on that.

@ SilverSilent

I didn't get any notification or report from our hosts, so I'm guessing that if I was targeted by scum last night, the ability they used wasn't something that the targeted player (like me) would have been informed of. Nothing says I'm restricted in any manner or I've been inflicted with something. If I was targeted, it's a non-lethal ability, perhaps.

As for IE's claim, it's... well, yeah, it's easy to prove as roles and abilities go, but it doesn't really 'clear' him, per se, proving this ability/role claim doesn't really distinguish him being town or scum. Is it simply enough for us to find out that he does have two vote weight (because all we have to ask him to do is put a vote and wait for the vote count) in order to remove him from our suspect list?

@ SilverSilent

I didn't get any notification or report from our hosts, so I'm guessing that if I was targeted by scum last night, the ability they used wasn't something that the targeted player (like me) would have been informed of. Nothing says I'm restricted in any manner or I've been inflicted with something. If I was targeted, it's a non-lethal ability, perhaps.

As for IE's claim, it's... well, yeah, it's easy to prove as roles and abilities go, but it doesn't really 'clear' him, per se, proving this ability/role claim doesn't really distinguish him being town or scum. Is it simply enough for us to find out that he does have two vote weight (because all we have to ask him to do is put a vote and wait for the vote count) in order to remove him from our suspect list?

Unfortunately they can't tell me which of you two was targeted, so I'm assuming it was Camo targeted and then jailed in order to protect him since you had nothing come up on your end either.

As for IE, that's one way to look at it. On that same note, how can you be sure he's not hiding the rest of his role?

Hmm IE's claim doesn't really look like much...

I recall PMJ's character in the avatar game, he was an avatar character, one of his abilities was a double vote, and then his safe claim was just a double vote... This could very well be a safe claim.

@PMJ my ability does not inform you of who I am so I didn't consider that either...

This still doesn't explain why Yeowie said he could give us IEs role. He would only learn an ability correct? So how could He know IEs role (flavour etc) but not PMJ's? He said he didn't want to reveal your whole role! Because he didn't have it!!

Unless IE is town and PMJ is in fact scum!

Unless IE is town and PMJ is in fact scum!

IE being town and PMJ being scum and vice versa is possible and most likely, but if we all jump on IE and he flips town and then jump on PMJ and he flips town, then that would mean that Yeowie might have given that lead so we could lynch a townie.

Hmmm the claim doesn't really convince me. Everyone so far has had an Active Ability, no?
Besides, I really don't think double vote is the only thing Ice Climbers would have. I mean, it makes sense, but I don't think that's it.

It just doesn't seem like a very detailed role. I get that increased vote weight is significant, but you'd think there would be something more, even if it wasn't anything too helpful. Plus what Vom pointed out with the lack of an Active Ability.

On the other hand, I don't believe IE's voted yet, so he would appear to be playing as if he doesn't want to reveal the increased vote weight. If he didn't want to draw attention to himself, he could be town – scum might target more heavily if they knew about the ability. Could also just be the busy university stuff IE mentioned preventing him from giving the vote much thought, but I think not, as he's been able to get on at least once per cycle (excepting the Yeowie hammer).

I'm evidently feeling rather indecisive, so I'll abstain from the vote for now.

I feel there's more in IE's role. For what I've seen, flavor usually details most of the abilities, so the "grab" part is being omitted. And still, it's such a tootsie-sized role... I know this isn't indicative, but the fact that it misses so much information /is/ indicative enough.

##Vote: Ice Espeon

Ps.: If IE does end up as scum, this could very well be one of the clumsiest and more careless scum teams I've seen so far. :/
Pss.: I wonder when I'll stop writing the bbcode in posts and actually use the text editor above. :v I got way too used to the old site. xD

##vote: Ice Espeon

js it's awfully convenient he claims to have double vote but never cast a vote. Also yeah there is something he isn't telling us.

It would be a little easier to decide this if we could get a vote from IE to prove a double vote, however the town roles that I've seen so far have had 1 to 2 active abilities the fact that he has only 1 passive ability looks suspicious. ##Vote: Ice Espeon

It would be a little easier to decide this if we could get a vote from IE to prove a double vote, however the town roles that I've seen so far have had 1 to 2 active abilities the fact that he has only 1 passive ability looks suspicious. ##Vote: Ice Espeon

The thing is though is he could be hiding more of his role. So he could obviously prove he can deal a double vote, but what if there is more to it than just a double vote? That's the main issue here we are all seeing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back