Finished Werewolf XXI: The Members' Revolt. Members win!

Status
Not open for further replies.

PMJ

Silhouette Gloom of the Sundown Lands
Forum Head
Articles Head
Elite Member
Advanced Member
The first game of PokeBeach Werewolf was hosted by Zero back in 2008. The flavor was that WPM had created PokeBeach and life was great, but there were way too many n00bs. After declaring a state of panic, WPM developed a system where suspected n00bs are voted off the site one after another. This game is designed as a sequel to that very first game:

Six years ago, Water Pokemon Master took up arms against the influx of n00bs. Since then, the members have lived in fear, for they are banned at the slightest hint of n00bishness. One member, however, has had enough. They have gathered together a force in an attempt at finding the mods (who hide among the members in order to watch them) and routing them with the goal of a freer PokeBeach for all.

Welcome to Werewolf XXI: The Members' Revolt. I'm your host, PMJ, and I'll be flying solo this time; thanks to DNA for reviewing roles and shooting ideas with me.

Each game I host has been different from the last, and this will be no exception. Today's new thing: vanilla townies. Yes, that's right; there is a non-zero amount of vanilla townies in this game. If that sufficiently dissuades you from signing up, good.

There are two factions in this game: Members (the town) and Super Mods (scum). There may or may not be independent roles.

Just like in the first game, the characters in this game are all PokeBeach members! Will you sign up and draw your own role? How fun would that be, huh? (No, I won't tell you what members are in the game.)

Vote using ##verb and unvote using ##unverb. If you don't unvote before you vote, your future votes are null until you properly unvote, then re-vote for whoever you want. Lynches are acquired with a simple majority. If a majority is not reached by the deadline, then no one will be lynched.

Revealing roles is okay. Lying is not only okay, but encouraged. I want people to be using their heads this game. You may lie about anything, up to and including faking quotes from me.

Editing posts is NOT okay. Do it once and you will be warned, twice and you will be modkilled. No exceptions. If you run into problems while on a mobile device, then wait until you get to a computer to post. The current forum software will automatically merge double posts, and it will appear as an edit. If you really need to say something, then wait for someone else to post.

This game is going to go fast. Days are 120 hours long and nights are 48 hours long. If this is going to be a problem, don't sign up. To avoid being replaced, either post during the day or send me a notification during the night. You must do this every phase or you run the risk of being subbed out. If I have no subs, you will be modkilled. I have no qualms with killing off inactives. If you are forcibly subbed out, you will be blacklisted from my next game (and I will share this information with future hosts so they might blacklist you too).

If you have any other questions, post about it in the game thread and I'll edit the OP if I need to.

Winners
7. Porygon-X
9. GM DracLord
11. Machamp The Champion
14. Scorched Feathers

1. Camoclone - sillykyle - Killed N2
5. Professor Palutena Haunted Water - Kecleon-X - Killed N2
6. Teal - Crystal Hikara - Killed N3
8. grantm1999 - Scorched Feathers - Killed N1
13. Celever - DocRobot_K-176 - Killed N7
16. sillykyle - Porygon-X - Killed N4
17. Cobalt Phoenix Reinforce - Meaty - Lynched D3
18. rev3rsor - Machamp The Champion - Suicide D6
20. SMP Starboard Driger - Chaos Jackal - Killed by mod error D6
22. Jeremy1026 - corn bread - Killed N4

Losers

2. Drohn - Kronar - Lynched D1
3. TheGuy - Athena - Lynched D7
4. Cinesra - Porygon - Killed D6
10. Keeper of Night - Drohn - Lynched D4
12. Athena - Uralya - Killed N3
15. alex - omahanime - Lynched D8
19. WanderingWolf - Ice Arceus - Killed N5
21. Kecleon-X - PG24 - Lynched D6

RE: Werewolf XXI: The Members' Revolt

I will be playing. I may not like VT's but it has not sufficiently dissuaded me from playing.

Also, do remember to keep an open mind since you will undoubtedly recognize the names of the players whose roles you draw. Just because Drohn is a super mod doesn't mean he's scum; try not to let the flavor of the game cloud your judgment.

Oh yes my two games have been with a forum theme too! Also my days and nights are also as short! In.

This should go without saying, but don't like posts in this thread.

As starved for activity as Pokebeach's games usually are, I wish we would not run more than one game at a time.

I have not played in a werewolf game with members as the roles before, this should be fun. Count me in!

tt's game is almost over, and it will be if he doesn't start getting it in gear.

I expressed concerns about starting my game while his is going on, but since most of the players in his game are already dead, and his game is stalling, I agreed that starting now wouldn't have too many repercussions.

There will never be two main games starting at the same time again; don't worry about that.

It's not TT's game I'm worried about. It WanderingWolf's. I get that his game has the tag 'spinoff', but there isn't anything that separates it from the 'main game' to warrant any less attention and activity.

29 players? What a random number. In, by the way.

It might also be a good idea to put a disclaimer that people shouldn't get offended if a role based off of them isn't what they wanted it to be (coughvanillatowncough), or if they're not in this game, or whatever else. People on PokeBeach are generally cool and accepting, so I don't expect anyone is going to get offended (besides people joking about being offended), but you never know.

Sure, put me in. :3

PMJ said:
This game is going to go fast...

Woohoo! \o/

... Days are 120 hours long and nights are 48 hours long.

And I still can't believe this kind of timeframe is considered short, especially with majority voting. >_> I do wonder how long it will take me to understand the WW culture here. :p

Athena said:
And I still can't believe this kind of timeframe is considered short, especially with majority voting. >_> I do wonder how long it will take me to understand the WW culture here. :p

It's shorter than the standard. Activity here isn't large enough to warrant 48-hour days or whatever.

And yeah, no getting upset if you were used and it's not everything you ever dreamed of.

I'm not going to be used for this game, but in.

Wouldn't it be such a twist if everyone's role PMs were of themselves? :eek:

Celever said:
I'm not going to be used for this game, but in.

Wouldn't it be such a twist if everyone's role PMs were of themselves? :eek:

If that happen we could easily eliminate the scums

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back