Finished Werewolf XVII III: Team Rocket's Takeover -Town Wins

Status
Not open for further replies.
RE: Werewolf XVII III: Team Rocket's Takeover (Signups)

SheNinja said:
You can't know the alignment of any other players if you are a townie. If you wanted to start off a day and get discussion rolling, then just ask questions. No need for any "not confirmed" crap. You had no reasoning to vote anyone, and you acted like you did. If you didn't act like you had a proper reasoning, then it would be Null as it would pretty much just be RVS. But now, you have already convinced me of your scumminess.

CONFIRM VOTE: FANCY

SheNinja said:
You can keep trying, but it might not be to any avail.

There is no need to vote someone to try and start discussion. Just asking questions would've been sufficient. I have seen many scum in my day, and you are doing exactly what scum do. They try to make up fake reasonings to votes to try and fit in with the townies, and throw in AtE into their posts to make the townies second-guess themselves.

...that made no sense

Fancy said:
SheNinja said:
You had no reasoning to vote anyone, and you acted like you did.
Not to vote anyone? Strange. Because someone before me voted James. He isn't being doubted though, as if he doesn't exist. Now, let me get to my point, it was not a vote to lynch him, it was a vote for him to add discussion. Believe it or not, that's why I voted.

If I have convinced you that I'm scummy and you are in no way going to even rethink your argument or consider my posts, then I see no reason as to why I would continue trying to convince you otherwise. Go ahead and go for it, then.
This combined with the post about voting somebody to try and start discussion.

SheNinja said:
There is no need to vote someone to try and start discussion. Just asking questions would've been sufficient. I have seen many scum in my day, and you are doing exactly what scum do. They try to make up fake reasonings to votes to try and fit in with the townies, and throw in AtE into their posts to make the townies second-guess themselves.
...I have no idea what AtE is. Next, they were proper reasonings, it's just you decide if you want to accept them or not. Anyway, I think we already cleared up the mishap. You are AGAINST starting discussion Day 1 and prefer to just wait to accuse someone later. I am FOR starting discussion Day 1, so obviously that would conflict with Team Rocket's Agenda. Tell me, does starting discussion Day 1 benefit the wolves? If it does, then I'll apologize to all of the townies.

I admit, maybe actually placing a 'vote' on someone without wanting to lynch them did seem weird, but a past player (Camoclone) did it and you know what he did? ...He identified most of the scum. So, his play-tactics must not just be overlooked. As different as it may seem, it works. So I've adopted it as my play-style and history repeated itself. People thought Camoclone was a wolf...and now they think I'm a wolf.

Can anyone guess how the past story ended? If you can, I wonder how it affects the present...

AtE=Appeal to Emotion=picking through a player's emotion to try and make them second-guess themselves

Why am I "against starting discussion"?

I know that voting someone for pressure and not to lynch is a legitimate idea, but the day had just started and it was an unnecessary vote placed.

Meta means absolutely nothing.

But from what I understand, you were voting for me because I was trying to pressure someone. You said that I thought he was a scum and everything just because I even attempted it. So, if it is 'legitimate', then why am I being accused? Bonus question! Why does the guy who voted for James86134 originally not even matter? You skip him, the first one to start a vote, and go after me.

...Also, I know the day had started, it's just I've read several Day 1s before and it just becomes silly talk until someone decides to randomly accuse someone. I'd rather have the townies participating in a conversation than to just randomly accuse someone who might be a townie over one small detail.

And once I just mention why I'm doing this, everyone thinks I must be a wolf.

UNVOTE: JAMES86134

You're not off the hook yet. Notice, Town, how the discussion (mainly SheNinja) has moved entirely away from James and onto Fancy. I think, and I can't be sure as I'm new to WW, but maybe SheNinja is starting a slightly premature bandwagon for Fancy? (I don't know if I'm using correct terminology for stuff yet lol)

Pressure voting is useless when the day has just started. The only time I've seen "pressure voting" at the beginning of D1 has been PMJ or scum. You say you are trying to imitate camo, he didn't just say "vote X-player", he had small reasons with nothing really good to back him up on those cases (even though he may have hit scum).

The "If I was a wolf I would be better saying nothing" is nothing. I NEVER sit down and do nothing, may I be scum or not. I see it as the point to the game to state your POV when I can say something interesting and I believe that you think like that too (defending and attacking is part of the game state your POV and make a good defense).

NEVER go for a no lynch. There is a 5% chance we hit scum so we better take it even though it means the 95% chance of hitting town. You look for the one that seems scummier to you.

It seems a little odd how grantm just unvoted after the pressure was on him because Fancy said that they were accusing James.

Pressure votes do nothing at the beginning of the day, they work when a wagon is slightly forming for the player to make a defense. A pressure vote would be me voting for you to post a better defense. They don't start day 1 discussion, they only start when someone becomes overly aggressive and looks into small places (like camo) or when someone makes a "slip" (like you or SheNinja the last game).

Yes, that is a little odd isn't it? What will you make of it, you've got five options:
a) I'm a noob
b) I'm town
c) I'm scum
e) All of the above

Also, LuckyFire, Why?

Thanks Flys Gone. At least I know to wait a little while to start my pressure vote. That being said, I almost forgot to

UNVOTE: JAMES86134

Now, I'm going off to sleep, and I'll see you guys tomorrow!

Oh look the game started. Not gonna read the thread right this second, but just posting to say I got my role.

I got my role.

Everything that's happened since the game started.

Anyyyyway, I'm pretty unfamiliar with the manga, but as far as Team Rocket goes, I'd expect there to be Giovanni... and maybe Jessie, James, and Meowth? And possibly Petrol and those people from Generation II, but I don't know if the manga encompassed that or not. Sorry if I'm off on this, I'm just trying to think up something that might help.

As for the whole Fancy vs SheNinja thing... I'd have to say that Fancy had no fault in what he was doing, he was just trying to help out by gathering a bit of information, correct? He doesn't seem too scummy to me, but SheNinja, on the other hand... I'm not exactly ready to vote for you yet, but your posts did come off as a bit suspicious.

Backing down when pressured. Noted.

And experience plays nothing into how your alignment gets read. That is never a good excuse for being scummy.

At first I thought that it wasn't a legitimate vote, but I gambited to see how you would react. I never had a scum read on you, I actually now have you null-leaning town. KoN is null-leaning scum for reasons that I will post tomorrow. Not sure about luckyfire.

UNVOTE: FANCY

@fancy now that you brought it up, and tried to dust off suspicion onto grant, why did you single out James and place the second overall vote on him? Why not "pressure" someone else so that the whole town would be participating?

@luckyfire why are you voting me?

And don't go around thinking that I am new to this. I play on another site, too.

Sorry for the quintuple post, but, if you are gong to accuse me of being scummy in some fashion, then please point out where. This means TT, LF, and Flygon have some explaining to do here.

I never said you were scummy or even suspicious. I was considering that you've made much more progress since last time (even though 5 straight posts have made me doubt this a bit).

I already said what I believe about Fancy mostly seems like he played last game. LF just seems LF and TT IDK. I believe there is a wolf from the ones talking but IDK who is the most suspicious.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back