Ruling Weavile and Hex Maniac

Chicken Nugget Master

I had the munchies when I came up with my username
Quick question, if you play a Hex Maniac to shut off abilities, does Weavile from Ultra Prism do zero damage?
Hex Maniac's wording:
Until the end of your opponent's next turn, each Pokémon in play, in each player's hand, and in each player's discard pile has no Abilities. (This includes cards that come into play on that turn.)
Weavile's wording:
This attack does 50 damage for each of your opponent's Pokémon that has an Ability.
The part that caught me was 'Has no abilities' and 'For each Pokémon that has an Ability'. Just wanted to verify this as I'm currently working on an expanded deck involving both of them. My understanding is that it is the same as Garbotoxin, where the Abilities are shut off but still exist. Thanks for the help in advance.

You are incorrect. Both Hex Maniac and Garbotoxin say pokemon have No Abilities so they don't have any abilities so Weavile will do 0 damage (or just 50 for the Garbotxin)

You are incorrect. Both Hex Maniac and Garbotoxin say pokemon have No Abilities so they don't have any abilities so Weavile will do 0 damage (or just 50 for the Garbotxin)
Ok thanks, that helps clear a few things up. I'm also guessing that if you were to have two Garbodor on the field, then Evil Admonition would do 100. Am I correct?

Back