• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Water / Grass Modified Starter Deck

kris198921

Aspiring Trainer
Pokemon: (29)
  • 4 Froakie
  • 3 Frogadier
  • 2 Greninja
  • 1 Greninja BREAK
  • 1 Manaphy
  • 2 Psyduck
  • 1 Golduck
  • 2 Shellder
  • 2 Cloyster

• 2 Kricketot
  • 2 Kricketune
  • 2 Petilil
  • 1 Lilligant
  • 2 Chikorita
  • 2 Bayleef
Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums:
  • 2 Potion (soon to be Pokemon Center Lady)
  • 2 Professor's Letter
  • 1 Great Ball
  • 1 Lucky Helmet
  • 2 Energy Retrieval

• 2 Tierno
  • 1 Shauna
  • 1 Wally
  • 1 Misty's Determination
Energy:
  • 9 Water Energy
  • 9 Grass Energy
Strategy:

This is the 1st deck I have played since 2001, so I'm still getting used to building Pokemon decks again. There is still some obvious stuff I need for this deck like XY Greninja, more breaks, Pokemon Center Lady, Rare Candy, ect. I also want to replace some of the Pokémon I'm using like Shellder, Cloyster, Psyduck, Golduck, Chikorita, Bayleef, Petilil, and Lilligant.

One of first things I would say to do is try to make a deck with a single energy type. The theme decks are notorious for being bloated with two conflict deck ideas and your best trying to to play a single type to make it more consistent. Another thing is you might want to find some more draw supporters like professor sycamore, trainers mail, more Shauna, and maybe some skyla to start off.

Those are some of the basic things you might want to try first before you decide on anymore changes

Hope this helps!

Back