Status
Not open for further replies.

Tsukeo

Skitty is so cute! <3
Dunno if this is meaningful or not, but was Vileplume reprinted:
13-dark-vileplume.jpg

24-vileplume.jpg

Thoughts?

Yes, I think they definitely have some relation to each other. They each have the same PokeBody/Pokemon Power, except Dark Vileplume says that it stops working if it is Asleep, Confused or Paralyzed. It wasn't really reprinted, because everything other than the PokeBody is different.

Interesting find, though!
~A+G

...No?

Dark Vileplume has 60 HP to Vileplume's 120. It has a different weakness, slightly different Power/Body, and a completely different attack. Besides the body nothing is similar at all.

While not a direct reprint and update for the newer card grammer, the body is definitely an updated version of the power, albeit with no drawbacks really like D.Vileplume's Power stops with a Special Condition.

So yeah, not a reprint, just recycling ala Feraligatr Prime/Base Set Blastoise.

Wow. Not only is dark vileplume's attack bad, you don't want to use it or you turn off your power. And here I thought UD's attack was bad...

Ah, it's a first generation card. They were all about that bad. (or good as the format dictated)
So while it would be demolished nowadays, back then, not to bad.

You also have to look at it this way. Back then Trainer meaned every sort of one (even though there were only Trainers). But if that were to be used now in unlimited it would also stop Supporters and Stadiums. Much more powerful than just the few Rare Candy or Pokemon Communication one might use in a deck.

Three similarities:

-The Body and Power are essentially the same.
-They have a Retreat Cost of two Colorless Energy.
-They are Stage-2 Pokemon.

That's about it. :\

A lot of the HS era cards are throwbacks to old ones, like Gatr Prime to Blastoise BS. Or Sneasel NG to Sneasel UD. This is just another example.

Could not be more different.

I like my stage twos with 60 life \m/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back