Walmart Preorder Bonus: Primal Kyogre / Primal Groudon Figure! [11/11]

If you look at the main site of Walmart.com instead of the mobile site, you can see images of the figures and they do certainly look like the European ones. Shame you'd have to shop at the worst store in America to get them.

I work overnight at walmart and I dont think its ever smelled, but I work in dairy so who knows.actually scratch that aisle 1 has all the bread and peanut butter, that stuff stanks. Ill be getting it at walmart because I can get a 20% discount and I'm already there, so yeah.

Water Pokémon Master said:
Discuss!

(My mom always calls it "Walfart" cuz they smell. :p)

I'm sorry, but I still don't see what everyone has against WalMart. They have decent prices, good Pokemon selection, Wii U demos, and more!

don()shinobi said:
Certainly no bias in this news article at all. Nope, not a single bit.
Every news article has bias.

On a side note I think I know where I'm going to preorder now :p.

I pre-ordered Alpha Sapphire at GameStop months ago, so hearing I'm just getting a poster; I'm a bit miffed.

But what can I really do? I'm not going to cancel my pre-order at GameStop just to get a pre-order at Walmart just for a figurine.

Not too worried about the figures, we always seem to get this stuff in other ways. My prediction would be about April or May we'll find ourselves with some sort of Kyogre and Groudon box (probably alternate art for the EX cards, but maybe we'll get lucky and it will be the primals instead) that will include the figures. I mean, they did for Reshiram, Zekrom, Kyurem, Victini, Yveltal, Xerneas, Mega Charizard, and Mega Lucario. There is plenty of precedent for it.

The plushes would be cool but again I think there will eventually be other ways to get them if wanted that bad.

I did my pre orders at Gamestop and I see no point into changing it even though their extra is pretty lame all things considered.

GadgetJax said:
I'm sorry, but I still don't see what everyone has against WalMart. They have decent prices, good Pokemon selection, Wii U demos, and more!
They were angry with my mom for not being there for a while, despite the fact that she couldn't come because she had severe pneumonia. I've heard it's common for Wal-Mart to treat their employees like this.

I'm only getting Alpha Sapphire and I'm buying it digital, but I'd like to get these figures, so I just pre-ordered both games online with the intent of returning them sans figures some time down the road (I have 90 days). I figure worst-case scenario is that they need the figures to process the return, so that's not too bad, and I'll have a lesson for the future. ;)

Anyway, I'm here to report that they split up the games and figures on my receipt; the games were each $36, and the figures were each $4. So based on that, it's looking like I'll be able to return the games and pay $8 for both figures, which is a price I'm OK with.

I'm ordering through a local records and video game store, Bull Moose. They usually carry items a bit cheaper than MSRP and have a rewards program.

(I haven't logged in for 4 years and I just cringed at my username.)

Tails said:
I pre-ordered Alpha Sapphire at GameStop months ago, so hearing I'm just getting a poster; I'm a bit miffed.

But what can I really do? I'm not going to cancel my pre-order at GameStop just to get a pre-order at Walmart just for a figurine.

I preordered yesterday and I just realized this morning that I didn't even get the poster. :B Add to that the fact that I forgot to use my gift card and the fact that they were out of Diancie codes and my preorder was an absolute bust. xD

Edit: No, scratch that. I remember being surprised when they gave my a poster as soon as I preordered Y last year, so I guess they're just timing things normally now. :p

Ergghhh why did they wait so late to announce their preorder. Toys R Us still has mine anyway... you cant pass up those 20 dollar awesome charizards. Plus if you have friends and since eBay exists, extra games are easy to resell.

Uhhhhhh guys. You might want to check this post again. Please read very carefully.:)

If you preorder Omega Ruby or Alpha Sapphire from Walfart, you'll receive either a Primal Kyogre or Primal Groudon figurine. The figurines may be the same ones Europe is receiving (second image below), though we can't confirm just yet. Meanwhile, Toys R Us is giving out one of two Mega Charizard plushes if you preorder both games while Gamestop is giving out a lousy poster. Which store will you choose - smelly, expensive, or cheap? :p

Pay close attention to Walfart. It is supposed to be Walmart LOLz.:)

Odds are Gamestop will hand out the poster when you pick up the game. That's what happened when I pre ordered X and Y last time.

Turns out it was only for those who pre-ordered it online. Not happy about that at all. Now I have to buy it off ebay... >_>

Back