ORAS Wally and Mega Gallade

DrEspeon

Pokemon Physician and Psychologist
Hi, guys!

I've been thinking for a while about all of the new mega evolutions. In order to try to predict who will have mega evolutions, I have looked back at who in X and Y had mega evolutions. We already know that Maxie/Archie have mega rings and likely will have their aces as megas. We also know that Steven will have a Mega Metegross. Your main rival may or may not have a mega starter. This leaves one person whose XY counterpart had a mega. While most fans consider May/Brendan to be the main rival, it is Wally who shows up at the end of Victory Road with a full team.

So, Wally may have a mega, but which one you may ask. Well, this isn't likely seeing as you read the heading, but bear with me. Diantha had the Mega Gardevoir, so for Wally to have one too seems a bit redundant. Seeing as this is a remake and new evolutions of older pokemon are being added in (Phoebe's Dusknoir), what if Wally has a Gallade instead of a Gardevoir? And that Gallade later mega evolves. I, personally, would love that.

So what do you guys think? Do you think he will have a Gardevoir, Gallade, or something else entirely? And if it is a Gallade, do you think it will mega evolve? What role do you think Wally will play in ORAS? A bigger role? A smaller role? Or will his role be completely taken over by Brendan/May?

Well, we did just see Mega Lopunny get announced, a gen 4 Pokemon. So I could see us getting at least one more in the form of Megallade

Considering how ORAS has been giving Mega Evolutions to counterparts of some of the 3rd gen Pokemon that got them in XY, I'd be very surprised if Gallade didn't get one, he's pretty much the only one left.

Hey, I'll never say no to a new mega! But I actually like that Wally's signature Pokemon is gardevoir, it was really refreshing to me in the story that he became my rival and didn't battle with a starter, or one of the more "manly" pokrmon. I feel it suits his personality more than gallade, which always seemed more harsh to me because of its fighting typing. That being said if they give him a mega gallade instead , I'd be upset for about 2 seconds before the luster of a new mega pokemon distracted me.

The fact that we haven't seen any traces of wally yet in any news could be hinting at a big reveal of his redesign and the announcement of his signature Pokemon, which would have to be a new mega to generate any real hype otherwise they might have shown us already. I hope if he gets redesigned and gets mega gallade, that he still stays the quiet sweet lovable boy he was in RSE

Wow, I hadn't even thought of this. I do agree battling a mega Gardevoir user would be too soon after Diantha, but Gardevoir always fit Wally so well!

I'd welcome a Gallade or mega Gallade, but there's also no guarantee Wally has a mega evo on his team, even as the kinda-main rival. Calem/Serena didn't have a mega Absol until the postgame.

garbodorable said:
Wow, I hadn't even thought of this. I do agree battling a mega Gardevoir user would be too soon after Diantha, but Gardevoir always fit Wally so well!

I'd welcome a Gallade or mega Gallade, but there's also no guarantee Wally has a mega evo on his team, even as the kinda-main rival. Calem/Serena didn't have a mega Absol until the postgame.

I, to be honest, would be sad to see Gardevoir go too, but I love the idea of a gallade mega evo. and feel like it's worth it to get one.

You do have the point. Your main rival in XY didn't get a mega until post-game so it easily possible that Wally won't have one at all, but I like to keep my hopes up.

Mega-Roserade!

Why not? Sure, Gardevoir just feels right with Wally due to their fragility and the green and white color scheme but Wally also had a Roselia and now the entire line - from Budew to Roserade - also seems fitting of Wally, evolving from the shy and close bud to the capable and full of life Roserade.

Mega-Gallade? Please no! I never liked the darker green, that wasp waist, the bell-bottoms and the fact that Gallade can only be male but Gardevoir can be female and male, and taking into account the last megas, I'm not expecting a good design!

PS: I also felt that Wally was some kind of good twin game counterpart to Drew (anime).

Yeah, the last thing I'd want to see is Wally get a Mega Gardevoir, after Diantha just used one in the Champion battle, it'd be kinda lame for Wally to just reuse one when they're adding new Megas into the game.

Leaf_Ranger said:
Mega-Roserade!

Why not? Sure, Gardevoir just feels right with Wally due to their fragility and the green and white color scheme but Wally also had a Roselia and now the entire line - from Budew to Roserade - also seems fitting of Wally, evolving from the shy and close bud to the capable and full of life Roserade.

Mega-Gallade? Please no! I never liked the darker green, that wasp waist, the bell-bottoms and the fact that Gallade can only be male but Gardevoir can be female and male, and taking into account the last megas, I'm not expecting a good design!

PS: I also felt that Wally was some kind of good twin game counterpart to Drew

Oh gosh mega roserade? I would die of happiness! Roserade is my favourite grass type :D and I completely agree, I think it would suit him very well and in the same way that I think gardevoir suited him. It would be so perfect. I unfortunately think mega gallade is more likely then a roserade, but that's just me.

The thing with gallades only being males though is that whole generation was focused on gender differences. I don't think it was super sexist or anything, they just wanted to give familiar Pokemon a little variation and minute differences like tail shape or neck colour, and basing it on gender was an easy way to do it.

Frosslass was female only despite glalies having both genders, we got hippowdon colour differences and all of those other differences we see in Pokemon like venusaur and pikachu now. Vespiquen was female only evolution, etc, etc.

Aerodactyl said:
(...)
The thing with gallades only being males though is that whole generation was focused on gender differences. I don't think it was super sexist or anything, they just wanted to give familiar Pokemon a little variation and minute differences like tail shape or neck colour, and basing it on gender was an easy way to do it.

Frosslass was female only despite glalies having both genders, we got hippowdon colour differences and all of those other differences we see in Pokemon like venusaur and pikachu now. Vespiquen was female only evolution, etc, etc.

I get your point but I think they should have ended male Gardevoir and female Glalie in Gen. IV and make the 1st female only Pokémon and the 2nd male only. BUT, now that I think a little bit more, then they would perhaps have to ban male Gardevoir from migrate to Gen. IV. and I think that that would have made no sense.

Do you guys not know? Water Pokemon Master works for The Pokemon Company, and he created this forum so that he could look through posts and steal ideas. He clearly took Mega Gallade from this post, and presented the idea to his higher ups.

DrEspeon said:
Just saying, with the reveal of Mega Gallade with Wally, I called this.

Quick! Now say Customisation and the Battle Frontier will return! SAY IT MY PSYCHIC FRIEND, SAY IT

Wigglytuff said:
Do you guys not know? Water Pokemon Master works for The Pokemon Company, and he created this forum so that he could look through posts and steal ideas. He clearly took Mega Gallade from this post, and presented the idea to his higher ups.

Say it with me guys: Balanced Regional Dexes.

On topic, I wonder how he ends up getting a Key Stone in the first place?

Bolt the Cat said:
Wigglytuff said:

...That was a joke dude.

At any rate, I was hoping he would be fairy/fighting but apparently it was wishful thinking

xayshade said:
Bolt the Cat said:

...That was a joke dude.

At any rate, I was hoping he would be fairy/fighting but apparently it was wishful thinking

It would make no sense for it's previously secondary type that was replaced by Fighting, to come back in the mega by replacing it's main type instead o_o
And that's ignoring the fact it's signature move is Psycho Cut.

Mitja said:
xayshade said:
...That was a joke dude.

It would make no sense for it's previously secondary type that was replaced by Fighting, to come back in the mega by replacing it's main type instead o_o

It's like a guy can't even dream or hope anymore without "pokemon logic(which normally isnt solid anyway)" thrown in his face.

I just would have liked him to be fairy fighting to match gardevoir's fairy psychic. Can I live?

xayshade said:
Mitja said:

I just would have liked him to be fairy fighting to match gardevoir's fairy psychic. Can I live?

Technically it does... just the Psychic is the more predominant type.
Gallades Psychic/Fighting mirrors Gardevoirs Psychic/Fairy.

Back