Help Volcanion vs Zoroark variants

LifePartTwo

Aspiring Trainer
Anyone have thoughts on strategies to go about defeating the Zoroark variants being played with a standard volcanion/volcanion Ex/turtonator gx decklist?

With a stick. While they sleep.

In all honesty, I find being aggressive early on is essential. Get a Turtonator, Ho-oh, or even a Volcanion EX powered up as soon as possible and target Zoruas, if possible. Personally, I'll Kiawe one of those three as soon as possible, with Ho-oh as my preferred target. With fighting fury belt, you can OHKO Zoruas and save the big attack for a Zoroark GX. Against Golispod and Decidueye, they are dealt with using Guzma and anuthing but a powered up baby volcanion.

Baby Volcanion needs to FFB + Steam Up a Zorua on T1. Taking those early KOs are critical, and even if you can't FFB or Steam Up, the extra 30 goes a long way on a Zoroark. That's 180 you need to hit now, meaning that's only one Steam Up on a Bright Flame. Regardless, speed is everything, and streaming attackers needs to happen. If you're not taking OHKOs on Zoroarks, you need to be hitting something else imo. Volcanion-EX isn't the best Pokémon to swing with in this matchup unless you're FFB + Steam Up on a Lele. Turtonator or the Ho-oh is your guy.

I don't like Kiawe as much as I used to because of a DCE'd Lele can soften that fat Ho-oh or Turtonator you just built, and now you're just one DCE away from losing all that...steam you tried to build.

Back