• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Expanded Volcanion EX/Keldeo EX

ElementZero

Aspiring Trainer
Just something i wanted to try in expanded. Bascially keldeo is there to reset volcanion's attack so it can keep using volcanic heat. havent played much expanded so it still needs some refining

Pokemon: 15
4x Volcanion EX XY173
3x Keldeo EX 49/149
2x Volcanion 25/114
2x Staryu 25/122
2x Starmie 31/108
1x Shaymin EX 77/108
1x Turtonator GX 18/145

Trainers: 34
4x VS Seeker
4x Trainers' Mail
3x Brooklet Hill
3x Float Stone
3x Choice Band
3x Professor Juniper
3x Ultra Ball
2x N
2x Battle Compressor (Team Flare Gear)
2x Field Blower
2x Max Elixir
1x Colress
1x Lysandre
1x Blacksmith

Energy: 11
11x Fire Energy

Hey there! I would personally drop the Battle Compressor in favor of more Elixirs, but all in all this is a solid list. Btw, I played against this archetype with a similar list, and my opponent too ran Lysandre rather than Guzma. I prefer Lysandre to Guzma but if Rush In is being shut down by Garbodor (which I was playing), I would personally take a free switch to promote a live attacker over a card that just strands another 'mon. Just my 2 cents :)

i feel like the compressors help me set up faster. Usually that means i dump 2 energy and 1 supporter i might need. thats good for both blacksmith and baby volcanion

i feel like the compressors help me set up faster. Usually that means i dump 2 energy and 1 supporter i might need. thats good for both blacksmith and baby volcanion
definitely makes sense, its just my elixir whiffing days screaming at me to increase the count :D

I know the feeling. Its just I cant find room for anything else in this. Also the choice between lysandre and guzma was tough but considering i have a lot of bench swap options even with garbotoxin i didnt see much reason to use it over lysandre

Back