• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Volcanion EX/ Ho-Oh GX

FlashRayquaza

Rayquaza Fan
This is the second decklist I post today because I need it fast. It's a Volcanion deck, my friend gave me the list yesterday and asked if it's good, so please give feedback or tips.

Pokemon - 12

4 Volcanion EX STS
2 Volcanion STS
2 Turtonator GX GUR
2 Tapu-Lele GX GUR
2 Ho-Oh GX BUS

Trainers - 33

4 Sycamore
4 N
4 Guzma
2 Kiawe
4 Fighting Fury Belt
4 Ultra Ball
3 Max Elixir
2 Enhanched Hammer
2 Field Blower
2 Float Stone
1 Super Rod
1 Switch

Energy - 15 Fire

You can also give tips how to play Volcanion

Last edited:
Nice list.

I count 12 Pokémon and 33 Trainers, not the 13 and 32 you've listed.

I played a deck variant yesterday at an LC and it worked well (better than I expected) against decks like Gardy and Golisopod-Zoroark. One of the first changes I made after the tournament was to incorporate 2 Enhanced Hammers into my deck; those are definitely needed.

Instead of a 4th Guzma, I ran a Lusamine to get a "4th" Guzma, another needed Supporter and/or Stadium. By the way, why are you not running Stadiums?

Why no Energy Retrieval and/or Fisherman? You may need these to keep your big attackers ready to attack.

In regards to playing tips, recognize the match-ups early and utilize the attacker that can get you 1HKOs - lots of players running Max Potions...

Back