• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

VirGen (Virizion / Genesect)

RE: VirGen (Virizion/Genesect)

If you wanted, you could give the new red Genesect promo (BW99). Unfortunately it has a discard, but it deals with all the safeguard pokemon.

OblivionDvdr said:
If you wanted, you could give the new red Genesect promo (BW99). Unfortunately it has a discard, but it deals with all the safeguard pokemon.

Yeah Redsect seems legit. I'm fitting Lugia in sometime though so I may be tight-ish on room.

Edit: -1 Skyla -1 Hypno-Laser +1 Lugia-EX +1 Redsect

I would add 2 Deoxys ex instead of laserbank, if you're going run Lugia ex. That gives you a bit of extra room, and it lets you take 2 prizes off of a Kyurem, making your plasma match up a lot better.

OblivionDvdr said:
I would add 2 Deoxys ex instead of laserbank, if you're going run Lugia ex. That gives you a bit of extra room, and it lets you take 2 prizes off of a Kyurem, making your plasma match up a lot better.

For some reason I really don't want to play Deoxys in this... Also... -3 Hypno-Toxic Laser -2 Virbank City Gym +3 Float Stone +1 Skyla +1 Colress Machine

OblivionDvdr said:
If you have Lugia, I would at least give Deoxys a shot

I don't find it necessary since the BDIF are (Opinion) TDK, VirGen, and DarkGarb. All except DarkGarb have pokemon with 170 HP EX's (Excluding the random Lugia here and there) and DarkGarb shuts off Overflow making Lugia not so awesome.

Pretty much the only reason you would put it in would be a way of taking care of Kyurem, who threatens this deck a lot, but as you said it wouldn't help too much with darkrai/garbodor or VirGen really.

Edits: -1 Colress Machine -1 Ultra Ball +2 Deoxys-EX

Lugia OHKO's Kyurems with Deoxys and Genesect KO's its worst (Bias warning) enemy: Victini-EX -Dramatic DUN DUN DUUUUUN-

If you've decided to run Lugia EX, a DCE or 2 could help you power him up, as well as help out with discards from G-booster.

OblivionDvdr said:
If you've decided to run Lugia EX, a DCE or 2 could help you power him up, as well as help out with discards from G-booster.

I don't want DCE at ALL. I want as little Special Energy as possible. 4 Plasma is kind of a necessity so.

Is that to prevent enhance hammers or drifblim, or both? If it's hammers you're worried about, you would really only want to attach the DCE the turn it's going to be used. If it's drifblim, then I agree on your call.

OblivionDvdr said:
Is that to prevent enhance hammers or drifblim, or both? If it's hammers you're worried about, you would really only want to attach the DCE the turn it's going to be used. If it's drifblim, then I agree on your call.

Neither. I'm not scared of either very much. I want AS FEW SPECIAL ENERGY AS POSSIBLE. The point of this deck is to accel energy with Virizion and with 2 on Virizon + However many are prized and in hand I need as many Basic Grass Energy as possible without going overboard.

Back