Art Gallery Violet's Photo Album

Discussion in 'Creative Works' started by VioletValkyrie, Jun 23, 2017.

1. VioletValkyrie Midnight
    VioletValkyrie

Welcome to 2018 Albums! I've made a separate section in the OP for them, as well as possibly starting to change the upload schedule again, and get more creative with what, where, and how I take photos! This is going to be a great year for photography, I can feel it!
    This album is coming out a bit late because of negative personal reasons. I've been trying to deal with some things and while I've had this album since December 22nd all ready to go, I haven't actually uploaded it because of those reasons affecting me in the past week and a half.
    Without any longer wait, here's...

Album #22!
    Taken on December 22nd, 2017 in Tsawwassen BC, Victoria BC, and even in the middle of the Pacific Ocean!
    This one was excellent. I've been waiting to talk about it. In December, my family organized a trip to travel to Victoria, a city I've heard a lot about but never been to. For those who don't know, Victoria is the capital city of British Columbia, the province I live in, but is actually located on Vancouver Island, a fairly large island just off the west coast of most of the province. You actually have to travel through several cities to Tsawwassen to take a ferry to Victoria if you live in Vancouver. This was yet another fantastic opportunity my family granted me to take more photos before the end of the year.
    Want to get creative after taking so many photos in one city? Go to a new one! Want to get creative after taking so many photos on land? Take some on the water! And that's exactly what I did.
    I'm actually really pleased to mention the fact that I've been able to take photos from being on the Pacific Ocean, because while I've been on boats and at the beach, I've never taken photos on a boat and never really travelled to a destination on one. This was a strange first for me, not to mention having a personal fear of drowning made something like a ferry better for taking photos on.
    After the fifth photo you can start to see buildings and people, this was when we actually ended up in Victoria. I thought this was another day where I wanted to try scaling the photos from daytime to night time, as you can see the first few photos are when we arrived, walking down some of the bigger streets, then at night time where we explored and travelled to one of the malls downtown.
    This was the more simple of the two days I spent in Victoria, and next album is filled with more photos from the trip.

I'm going back to giving shoutouts again because I want to give a shoutout to someone new, being @TheR3DX for giving me the motivation to finally post this. I'm honoured to hear someone else follows my photography. I'd like to thank some friends too, most of which who won't see this, so people will just go unnamed, just know that if you're who I'm thinking of, you'll probably know it.

2. VioletValkyrie Midnight
    VioletValkyrie

Hopefully 2018 will not update this slowly. I've been doing a lot and not a lot of that has included photography. I still have quite a buffer to go through, though, so updates for right now will most likely end up being posted every other Sunday afternoon. To make up for the wait, I'm posting this album today, and the next immediately after, either later today or tomorrow, with something special I've been waiting to show off.
    Without further wait, this is Album #23!

Album #23
    Taken on December 23rd outside and inside the Royal BC Museum in Victoria, BC, Canada.
    This was our sightseeing day, and it was great. The Museum was one place I didn't know I wanted to go until we got there, and actually just ended up there on a whim. The surrounding area included the Victoria Conference Center, which is the building in the first photo, the Parliament buildings and Legislature, featured in the second photo, and the museum and theatre (which are in the same building) in the next three. I'm really proud of the spiral staircase shot, and as we approached the building I ran across the street knowing that it was a shot that I needed to take. It was.

I'm usually not the kind of girl to enjoy museums, and didn't think there would be much opportunity for photos, but wow, this place definitely proved me wrong.
    The building has three floors, the first having the lobby, theatre, and a couple cafés, then the second had the Natural History Museum, consisting of things like environments, ecosystems and animals, which we went to first. I only wish I could explain how great the Micro Climate Theatre was, as well as the room the next five pictures were taken in. The eighth shot in the album with the birds on the rocky coast has to be my favourite. The backdrop looked perfect and so real that it's like they knew I was coming in to take a picture and set it up just for me.
    After taking a break in this one spot on the second floor leading up to the escalator upwards, taking some great photos there, the third floor consisted of the Human History Museum, which was divided into two sections. The first included a lot of things like aboriginal or first nations tools, survival skills, shelters, and things like totem poles, since those are very big in British Columbia. The other section focused on things like the origin and beginnings of the province, things like the Gold Rush and how it affected the province, and things more related to society in the 1900s, from what I could tell. Once again, I'm not an expert or interested in these things too much. From the last five photos, there was this one section of the museum that was set up to look like what seemed just like a city straight out of a steampunk novel, with an old train station, a hotel, and even what looked like a shady club that was blocked off. This is definitely the best museum I've ever been to, and I'm interested how I can take even better photos the next time I come around.

As for shoutouts this time, I'd like to give them to @mirdo for being a big influence for taking pictures of the birds in the museum, I took them especially for you and I'm glad you liked them when I showed you the day I took them. I also want to give shoutouts once again to the people who have been following this thread, but specifically those showing visible support. Liking these posts, writing any comments, messaging me telling me my photography's good, any of that. Hearing or seeing the vocal or visible support for what I do keeps me going, and I wouldn't be taking more photos if it weren't for that. I'm grateful.

NinjaPenguin and mirdo like this.
  3. VioletValkyrie Midnight
    VioletValkyrie

I promised a quick update, and I'll deliver this time. I've been waiting a while to show this special place off, possibly my favourite part about having visited Victoria in December. Hopefully the next update is in fact on schedule, and continues to stay that way. Until then, enjoy!

Album #24
    Taken on December 23rd, 2017 at Craigdarroch Castle in Victoria, BC, Canada.
    I'd be lying to say this wasn't half the reason I wanted to go on that trip. A great photo opportunity, not to mention the first time I've visited an actual real-life castle. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to kick everyone out and rightfully claim my place as a princess inside of it, but it balances out if I was able to take photos like these.
    Funny thing, this is only about one-third of the total photos I took in this building. I was having issues uploading this album for what I partially believe to be an issue of having too many photos, and that was after cutting half of the photos I had taken already. I'm hoping I captured the very best of them to show you.
    You may recognize the first photo, I won't give an official source of how you may know it, but know that it comes from potential discussion between @TheR3DX, @Lord o da rings, @GekkisaiDaiNi and I.

All in all, this was a new and unique opportunity for more photos and I was able to be really creative with it, and I'm so proud of how it turned out, and won't forget the experience. This was fantastic to be able to have.

For shoutouts, I want to give them to the already mentioned TheR3DX and Lorde, as well as GekkisaiDaiNi. I already alluded to this, but I'm incredibly honoured hearing someone not only follow my photography, but want to actively use for a project, whether or not that project ever faces the public, and having support and people to join in on this said project, because its existence truly makes me laugh and enjoy myself. I'm glad to have it. I'm glad my photos can directly tie into what's at the very least an inside joke, and at the very most something funny we'll remember.

4. VioletValkyrie Midnight
    VioletValkyrie

I want to take a moment to interject between updates to say a few things.

First of all, if you're following this thread, thank you once again. I know I say it a lot but how much I mean it never changes.

If you enjoy my work and have even the slightest interest in taking photos, any photos at all, do it. Go for it.
    My favourite thing about having this thread is having the opportunity to inspire others into a nontraditional art form they didn't think they had any interest in. Many people seem to be worried that their photos aren't "good" enough, when the only person who should ever decide how good your work is should be you, and if you ever think you need to improve, that you should strive for improvement and do your best. If you don't, keep taking those great photos.

You don't have to share photos publicly to enjoy what you take shots of. You don't need every shot to be that one-in-a-million perfect shot that will shock everyone.
    If you have even a small, slight interest in photography, of anything at all, go out there and take those photos. Give it a shot and see how you like it.

Jabberwock likes this.

Viewing Now: 0 Members + 0 Guests

There are no registered members viewing this forum. Why not register here and start a discussion?

Moderated By

bbninjas