Discussion Vikavolt with Tapu Bulu GX or Rayquaza GX?

Jayfeather

Brigitte One Trick
I want to make a vikavolt deck, but idk which one is better. I'm currently leading towards Tapu Bulu because It has good matchup against everything, especially with FLI Dedenne against Rayquaza GX. What do you think?

From what recent tournaments have shown, Rayquaza GX is the better choice. VikaBulu loses it's energies, Rayquaza keeps it. VikaBulu is capped to 210, Rayquaza can take out Metagross GX. VikaBulu lacks consistency, Rayquaza has it's GX attack. While Rayquaza can setup multiple Rayquazas, VikaBulu has to focus on recharging one Bulu every turn. Not to forget, and most important is that Rayquaza is (one of) my favourite Pokémon.

The counter for bulu is taking out vikavolt rhe counter for rayquazza is taking out rayquazza both are good choices go with what feels right.
Also looking at the last regionals bulu has an easier time against the baby buzzwole decks as its doesnt run as many abilities and can get by with less items.

Right now it's kind of up to your meta. Zoroark players will undoubtedly tech Dedenne. Weavile mauls Rayquaza. But if there are beefier Pokémon around, you need to hit bigger numbers. Tempest GX is a huge consistency booster. You have Marshadow at your disposal to disrupt your opponent and potentially drop another Ray.

There's a lot of weirdness to both. I'd probably opt for Bulu right now due to the lack of Weakness and still being able to hit 210. Access to your Tapu Wilderness GX attack is also huge with spread becoming more and more of a thing.

i like with bulu, just because i don't have the money to spend on the Ray's xD Bulu is still quite legit, but has more problems when they target the vikavolt.

Back