Vikavolt, IR Charjabug from “Wild Force” and “Cyber Judge”

JustInBasil

Grass-Type Gym Leader
News Staff
Vikavolt and its evolution line have been revealed from Japan’s Wild Force and Cyber Judge, which will release in Japan on January 26th. We expect the cards from these sets to become part of our Temporal Forces set in March.
Grubbin – Grass – HP70
Basic Pokémon
[C] Flock: Search your deck for up to 2 Grubbin and put them onto your Bench. Then, shuffle your deck.
[C][C] Vise Grip: 10 damage.
Weakness: Fire (x2)
Resistance: None
Retreat: 1

Charjabug – Lightning – HP100
Stage...

Continue reading...

Last edited:
Quad arven, quad evo tm, quad rare candy and best of all, quad electric generator means you've got a T2 going second T1 deck that can jump out the gates swinging by its own T2.

With a half decent hand that is haha

Fun, sorta think you could build on live for nothing and beat up players playing koridon and other bad decks

Last edited:
A deck out of this would be nuts with a Mirage Step style attack on Charjabug, but not a half bad budget deck. Flock on Grubbin helps a lot, all that's questionable is consistency. It'll be funny to see the Klawf matchup into this, just funny for a budget v. budget matchup

This Vikavolt is not half bad, kind of a nice little budget deck. 120 + 80 for each Charjabug is not bad at all, with Vikavolt in the active and at least 3 or more Charjabug on the bench, this thing is doing a really good amount of damage. Being a stage 2 though, it might be a bit slow.

So, this deck would definitely need a good amount of Arven, TM Evo, Rare Candy, and this card will even have access to Buddy poffin which will be in the same set for access to getting Grubbin's on the board pretty quickly which is not limited to the first turn like Battle VIP which should be rotating by the time the set with this card releases.

Overall, i don't think this Vikavolt is bad at all. It has Budget deck potential.

Pretty cool card. Generator and Exp. Share keep the damage coming, and being able to OHKO anything means this deck is gonna be worth a close look on release.

Also, Charjabug has 100 HP; while this means you can't search for it with Level Ball (even though it's on its way out), it does mean it can survive a hit from Radiant Greninja. That is pretty huge for a 1-Prize deck, considering it is your main source of damage.

The damage makes sense, but i think as of now sustaining that damage sounds rather rough without a good stage 1 Chargabug to help cycle through getting Chakrabug you evolved replaced on the bench. Even something like Grotle would go a long way.

Not terribly worried about the energy given it is Lightning. It will definitely be tried as a budget deck, but i have strong doubts on how well it can keep a game going for that long with the demand to put up Charmanderbugs quickly and put up Chartabug after Charjabuck into play turn after turn.

The damage makes sense, but i think as of now sustaining that damage sounds rather rough without a good stage 1 Chargabug to help cycle through getting Chakrabug you evolved replaced on the bench. Even something like Grotle would go a long way.

Not terribly worried about the energy given it is Lightning. It will definitely be tried as a budget deck, but i have strong doubts on how well it can keep a game going for that long with the demand to put up Charmanderbugs quickly and put up Chartabug after Charjabuck into play turn after turn.
Grotle can only search out Grubbin and I don't know if I'd wanna devote a Bench slot to that. Super Rod and Buddy Poffin can help recycle Grubbin easily enough; without relying on dog shit Mesagoza, maybe this deck would be best served with Bibarel support, PokeStop, and a supremely fat Ball engine along with the rest of the Items you'd be running.

Grotle can only search out Grubbin and I don't know if I'd wanna devote a Bench slot to that. Super Rod and Buddy Poffin can help recycle Grubbin easily enough; without relying on dog shit Mesagoza, maybe this deck would be best served with Bibarel support, PokeStop, and a supremely fat Ball engine along with the rest of the Items you'd be running.
I mean “something like Grotle” as in “a Charjabugel that can contribute to setting up your board in any regard”. Needing 4 spaces constantly between the Vikavolt you are attacking with, 2 Charliebug, and a backup attacker or Grubbin is a lot to maintain, let alone get set up even with a draw engine and Pokestop. Torterra has trouble maintaining all its moving pieces even with Grotle searching cards, and even with less of a demand from the Torterra evo line in play than this deck requires for its family line!

Back