Discussion Viability of Lapras GX PRC - SM2

RedGyarados

Aspiring Trainer
Hello guys! Will Quad Lapras GX be still good when Guardians Rising is legal?
(EDIT: I mean Quad Lapras GX as a deck) Your thoughts?
Thank you all!

Last edited:
Hello guys! Will Quad Lapras GX be still good when Guardians Rising is legal?
(EDIT: I mean Quad Lapras GX as a deck) Your thoughts?
Thank you all!
It will most likely be Tier 1. Too much speed for it not to be. It's very close to the old Speed Darkrai deck from BW that won two worlds.

It will most likely be Tier 1. Too much speed for it not to be. It's very close to the old Speed Darkrai deck from BW that won two worlds.
What is the similarity between the two? I mean Lapras is more of a disruption deck while Darkrai is more of taking quick prizes by using Turn2 Night Spear.

What is the similarity between the two? I mean Lapras is more of a disruption deck while Darkrai is more of taking quick prizes by using Turn2 Night Spear.
I believe he is referring to the fact that lapras can be a potent and fast attacker as well. Not knowing that quad lapras generally refers to the disruption stall deck. I believe the deck losses nothing and gains a tool removal option and personally I think mallow is a strong supporter to use and then collect and aqua patch could be use to recover energy as well

But SylveonGX will be the new Quad Lapras, in terms of disruption. Instead of drawing 3 cards, Sylveon can search for the exact 3 you need in your deck.

I believe he is referring to the fact that lapras can be a potent and fast attacker as well. Not knowing that quad lapras generally refers to the disruption stall deck. I believe the deck losses nothing and gains a tool removal option and personally I think mallow is a strong supporter to use and then collect and aqua patch could be use to recover energy as well

I agree. And field blower is a strong gain for Lapras GX.
But SylveonGX will be the new Quad Lapras, in terms of disruption. Instead of drawing 3 cards, Sylveon can search for the exact 3 you need in your deck.
I will go to Lapras on this one. Because it is a basic pokemon and has access to: rough seas, fury belt, and aqua patch. But I agree that Sylveon's first attack is better.

Back