Viability of Grumpig

jessalakasam

Floette is love Floette is life
How's it going everyone, I have a question do you think Grumpig from Fates Collide could be Viable
umqxUgGw2hrQu5s951xNa8tSidEqpQa0v25MCT8XYdmFyr4sTBjiRU1fpInkvStbGZFAX3E8qjbypmfNhA35ItO3u1Q8JmuWa8HrsC1_viU3oYdCrVoZqzYE0MxtlBCDx_nxBxMlBE7WYuVLriYJrPiCWUoLNiQiSzf1PEr5ovrVXOq1QIQ=w384-h384-nc

I see three uses for it's first attack, Head Walking
1. Anti-Night March:
Everyone knows just how corrupt Night March is, this card was most likely made to counter that deck
This deck has two uses against NM first is to get a free prize on Joltik, against Night March it's very hard to get prizes and Grumpig helps with this. Secondly it could be used to reduce damage (the problem with this strategy is that he's weak to pumpkaboo, so they get a free prize)

Problems with this strategy:
1. Weakness (as I mentioned before)
2. It doesn't do damage to the active pokemon which again means he will give up a prize
3. This is a hard card to tech in, as it requires psychic energy

2. Bench filler (pretty self-explanatory)

Problems:
1. Target whistle is better as it isn't an attack
2. Parrallel city may also be a better choice (it gets rid of opponents' stadium although, could backfire against night march)

3. Mega alakazam EX:
Use Head walking on a Shaymin EX and then retreat (Mystery Energy or Float stone) into M Alakazam EX Lysandre it up and get your three prizes

Problems:
1. Easy prize for opponent

Thanks for reading this thread and tell me if you think this card is playable

It's not anti-NM. Say you retrieve a Joltik on bench than KO it, you get one prize. Next, your Grumpig is likely to be revenge KO. Even if you have a second Grumpig ready to do the same thing again, the active night marcher will continue knocking out your Grumpig. Eventually you cn't catch up with the speed or resource, and no prize trade advantage

Yeah, unfortunately this card is poop. Target Whistle outclasses it in every way, and as the above user pointed out, you don't even trade well with NM. Mew can't even copy it. It's trash.

It's not anti-NM. Say you retrieve a Joltik on bench than KO it, you get one prize. Next, your Grumpig is likely to be revenge KO. Even if you have a second Grumpig ready to do the same thing again, the active night marcher will continue knocking out your Grumpig. Eventually you cn't catch up with the speed or resource, and no prize trade advantage
I know I wrote that in the article they should have made it do 30 (or 60) damage to active for maybe another energy would make this card a lot better, also I meant to say Grumpig would be a tech not it's own deck

as a consistent stage 1 you usually need a 2-2 line, that's 4 cards. Target whistle is only one card, but not grumpig as a tech suddenly becomes 4 second to useless cards

It's just too slow to compete. I had to spend two turns evolving a pokemon and attaching energy to take a prize from an already knocked out pokemon. You don't remove energy from the board and they can stream knockouts with a basic while you do nothing to actually impact the board state, it's a fun card but it's not really competitively viable.

Back