vgc help!

^That, of course, would depend on the kind of shiny cheat used. I know in Gen 4 that at least 2 shiny cheats existed, but only 1 of those had a possibility of not showing up on a hack check. (I never actually tested it, but it's a good bet.)
...that really isn't the point, though.

Oh my god. After all that reading, and still not a definate answer.

I don't know about Gen 5 (haven't looked into it), but I KNOW for a fact that most IV spreads are not able to found for wild shinies. In Gen 4 at least, you would get caught at the first check, because the pokemon's hidden values would be the same as if it weren't shiny, and they would need to change to get a legit shiny.

SHORT ANSWER: You will fail the hack check, and will not be allowed in (At least in Gen 4.)

pokemon99 said:

I don't know about Gen 5 (haven't looked into it), but I KNOW for a fact that most IV spreads are not able to found for wild shinies. In Gen 4 at least, you would get caught at the first check, because the pokemon's hidden values would be the same as if it weren't shiny, and they would need to change to get a legit shiny.

SHORT ANSWER: You will fail the hack check, and will not be allowed in (At least in Gen 4.)

So, in short, can a Shiny have perfect IVs in Gen4 or have a 31/30/30/31/31/31 spread? You just made a startling point for me.

~AoH

Arceus Of Heaven said:
So, in short, can a Shiny have perfect IVs in Gen4 or have a 31/30/30/31/31/31 spread? You just made a startling point for me.

~AoH

What nature is the pokemon?

And in all honesty, I don't actually have them all off the top of my head, I just have the perfect IV spreads memorized. If you really wanted to check though, there's a list somewhere and all you need is the IV's, shinyness, and the nature.

Theoretically it's possible--but it'd be suspicious. That's how I see it. It's like bringing fertilizer in your luggage when you want to fly onboard a plane: Airport security is going to hold you up for a while.

pokemon99 said:

Gen 5 changed it so that you can get a pokemon with any nature and any IV spread. Back the the initial question though. I wouldn't risk making them shiny just for the sake of having a Shiny pokemon. It does nothing battle wise, and it seems like a bit of a risk.

superpokemon67 said:
I wouldn't risk making them shiny just for the sake of having a Shiny pokemon. It does nothing battle wise, and it seems like a bit of a risk.

Not trying to get off the subject, but to an 11 year old female , shiny things are cool! We never had a VCG in our town so competitive play wasn't thought of till now. That's why I turned to you guys.

I've been playing since platinum too ^^

however I was a little more competitive and tbh they are very picky about hacks so anything that's made with AR pokesav etc. is illegal and they wont allow it :(

however there is one form of breeding manipulation which is legal and your pokemon can become shiny that method (as most competitive players would know) is RNG abuse this is completely legal so in a tourney (like the regional VGC) you can use these pokemon but again this takes time as you have to setup your game right and after that you have to train them so to get a legal team of rng pokes would take about a month or so if your doing by yourself with no help :/ (also if your just getting competitive idk if you've heard about them but ev's and iv's are really really helpful...)

anyways good luck with the VGC xD (I wish I was going but I have soccer that day Dx)

Edit: actually you can give them hacked rare candies I'm about 99% sure that's legal

Thanks for the advice! So in your opinion, with using rare candy, it will pass the "checkpoints"?
By the way, what is he RNG?

Rare Candy should, but you don't get any EVs from using Rare Candy on a Pokemon.

http://www.pokebeach.com/forums/thread-the-rng-q-a-thread for RNG info.

dragonexpert said:
Rare Candy should, but you don't get any EVs from using Rare Candy on a Pokemon.

http://www.pokebeach.com/forums/thread-the-rng-q-a-thread for RNG info.

took the words right out of my mouth xP

but yes, hacked rare candies are legal and I believe you might even be allowed to use hacked items (since there's no way to check it's legitimacy) and the link that drgonexpert provided will tell you everthing you need to know about rng abuse (well not everything lol but you get the picture ;))

Unless the items you state are event items, which have their own hidden authenticity code of their own. The Pokémon you'd get through them are banned anyway though.

Ophie said:
Unless the items you state are event items, which have their own hidden authenticity code of their own. The Pokémon you'd get through them are banned anyway though.

you mean like soul dew? xP yeah that's illegal

I meant stuff like Oak's Letter and the Azure Flute from back in the 4th generations. I remember reports of the Pokémon you'd obtain through them couldn't pass the hack filters because said filters check the item too.

dragonexpert said:
All event Pokemon have special checks to determine their validity.

that's what I thought but I wasn't sure.....

this might be a little off topic but since events are checked specially would events obtain through a mass distribution via, GTS by chaining your DNS settings to that of a pokemon fan (who is doing the distro) at which the pokemon is "legit." Would this be tourney legal?

He means the increasingly popular dummy GTS servers. It's a new way to get PokeSav or PokeGen Pokemon without using a flash cart. You change your DNS settings to something specific, try to connect to the GTS, apparently get disconnected, and then get a generated Pokemon. I can't verify if any of it is tournament-legal, but if I were to guess, I'd say not, barring one circumstance.

Pokemon coding is a proprietary thing; it can't be exactly replicated without knowing the way the game was coded. Generated Pokemon would probably set off flags everywhere.

The only exception to this is if a generator is completely skipped; if someone uses a flash cart to directly copy a Pokemon (and all of its proprietary coding), and then distributes this Pokemon through a dummy GTS server, flags wouldn't be set off. This method's usefulness is limited to cloning, however (as you'd need to make this Pokemon yourself), and flash carts are a very spotty legal area.

Chariblaze said:
He means the increasingly popular dummy GTS servers. It's a new way to get PokeSav or PokeGen Pokemon without using a flash cart. You change your DNS settings to something specific, try to connect to the GTS, apparently get disconnected, and then get a generated Pokemon. I can't verify if any of it is tournament-legal, but if I were to guess, I'd say not, barring one circumstance.

Pokemon coding is a proprietary thing; it can't be exactly replicated without knowing the way the game was coded. Generated Pokemon would probably set off flags everywhere.

The only exception to this is if a generator is completely skipped; if someone uses a flash cart to directly copy a Pokemon (and all of its proprietary coding), and then distributes this Pokemon through a dummy GTS server, flags wouldn't be set off. This method's usefulness is limited to cloning, however (as you'd need to make this Pokemon yourself), and flash carts are a very spotty legal area.

okay thanks ^^

Back