• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Vespiquen x Yanmega (2017 Standard)

HitagiCrab

Aspiring Trainer
Yanmega is my current obsession so I am trying it in a bunch of different ways.

Pokemon: 22
  • 4 Combee AOR
  • 4 Vespiquen AOR
  • 3 Yanma STS
  • 3 Yanmega STS
  • 2 Yanmega BREAK STS
  • 4 Unknown AOR
  • 2 Shaymin EX ROS
Energy: 4
  • 4 Double Colorless Energy
Supporters/Items/Stadiums: 34
  • 4 Professor Sycamorre
  • 2 N
  • 1 Judge
  • 1 Lysandre
  • 1 Brigette
  • 4 VS Seeker
  • 4 Trainers' Mail
  • 4 Ultra Ball
  • 4 Bursting Balloon
  • 3 Revitalizer
  • 1 Town Map
  • 1 Special Charge
  • 4 Forest of Giant Plants
Let me know what you think!

This deck looks awesome! I agree, Yanmega is super fun to play with. The little mini-game of always trying to keep 4 cards in hand keeps the deck interesting. I built something similar yesterday to test on PTCGO before I buy the physical cards and was 6-2 with it so far even beating an all fire type Volcanion/Flareon deck.

I am definitely still playing around with it (like I totally forgot to put Unown in there even though I was just playing a Vespiquen/Night March deck before rotation). I can't remember the exact build but the list was something like this (before I cut 1 Combee and 1 Vespiquen for a couple more Trainer cards):

Pokemon: 25
  • 4 Combee AOR
  • 4 Vespiquen AOR
  • 4 Yanma STS
  • 4 Yanmega STS
  • 3 Yanmega BREAK STS
  • 2 Spinarak AOR
  • 2 Aridos AOR
  • 2 Sceptile EX AOR
Energy: 9
  • 5 Grass Energy
Supporters/Items/Stadiums: 26
  • 4 Professor Sycamore
  • 4 Judge
  • 2 Lysandre
  • 4 VS Seeker
  • 4 Ultra Ball
  • 4 Acro Bike

Yanmega is my current obsession so I am trying it in a bunch of different ways.

Pokemon: 22
  • 4 Combee AOR
  • 4 Vespiquen AOR
  • 3 Yanma STS
  • 3 Yanmega STS
  • 2 Yanmega BREAK STS
  • 4 Unknown AOR
  • 2 Shaymin EX ROS
Energy: 4
Supporters/Items/Stadiums: 34
  • 4 Professor Sycamorre
  • 2 N
  • 1 Judge
  • 1 Lysandre
  • 1 Brigette
  • 4 VS Seeker
  • 4 Trainers' Mail
  • 4 Ultra Ball
  • 4 Bursting Balloon
  • 3 Revitalizer
  • 1 Town Map
  • 1 Special Charge
Let me know what you think!
Might wanna add in a Octillery for Shaymin or replace them completely, it really helps in getting those precise hand sizes.

This deck looks awesome! I agree, Yanmega is super fun to play with. The little mini-game of always trying to keep 4 cards in hand keeps the deck interesting. I built something similar yesterday to test on PTCGO before I buy the physical cards and was 6-2 with it so far even beating an all fire type Volcanion/Flareon deck.

I am definitely still playing around with it (like I totally forgot to put Unown in there even though I was just playing a Vespiquen/Night March deck before rotation). I can't remember the exact build but the list was something like this (before I cut 1 Combee and 1 Vespiquen for a couple more Trainer cards):

Pokemon: 25
  • 4 Combee AOR
  • 4 Vespiquen AOR
  • 4 Yanma STS
  • 4 Yanmega STS
  • 3 Yanmega BREAK STS
  • 2 Spinarak AOR
  • 2 Aridos AOR
  • 2 Sceptile EX AOR
Energy: 9
  • 5 Grass Energy
Supporters/Items/Stadiums: 26
  • 4 Professor Sycamore
  • 4 Judge
  • 2 Lysandre
  • 4 VS Seeker
  • 4 Ultra Ball
  • 4 Acro Bike
I wanted to try Ariados in here, but I'm waiting for my foils to come in the mail.
Might wanna add in a Octillery for Shaymin or replace them completely, it really helps in getting those precise hand sizes.
No, Shaymin is a necessity in this deck. The purpose is to go off as fast as possible, so Octillery wouldn't cut it. Also, having 4 cards in hand to attack isn't very hard to acheive.

I wanted to try Ariados in here, but I'm waiting for my foils to come in the mail.

No, Shaymin is a necessity in this deck. The purpose is to go off as fast as possible, so Octillery wouldn't cut it. Also, having 4 cards in hand to attack isn't very hard to acheive.
Okay then, although most Yanmega Break decks use Octillery.

Back