• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Venusaur/Yanmega/Vileplume Trainer Lock

shaymindude

"Insert Funny Subtitle Here"
Hey guys,

Working on an all grass-type deck. Feel free to leave your comments and suggestions.
Oh yeah, and this is a casual deck. There are no leagues in my area so I have no need for a metagame deck.

HERE WE GO!

Pokemon-
3-2-3 Venusaur SV
2-2 Yanmega (x1 SV x1 TM)
2-2-2 Vileplume UD
2-2 Sunflora HS (Draw Power)
Sablye SF x2
Uxie LA x2
Azelf LA x1
Unown P x2
Unown Q x2
Total Pokemon: 31

Trainers-
Rare Candy x3
Copycat x3
Interviewer's Questions x2
Seeker x2
Bebe's Search x2
Pokemon Collector x2

Total Trainers: 14

Energy-
Grass Energy x9
Double Colorless Energy x3
Rescue Energy x3

Total Energy: 15

# of cards: 60

Strategy-
Start off with Sablye as the active to bring out any cards needed to set up. Bring up Venusaur when set up, and start setting up Vileplume on the bench. Use Unown P to get enough damage on venusaur, use desperate pollen, and use Vileplume's Poke-Body, to lock stage 2 Pokemon from recovering.

The first flaw I see is how you will be able to get enough damage on Venusaur on the bench without it being KO'd. You might want to include some Unown P to get just enough damage on Venusaur. Also, 3 IQ is too much, you might want to take out one or 2 and add a few Pokemon Collector.

Back