• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Venusaur Tank (M Venusaur EX / Floette)

JoeRow

Aspiring Trainer
I have been trying to make this deck work, and it's not going so well! So some advice would be appreciated.

Pokémon: 16
  • 2 Cottonee AOR
  • 1 Whimsicott (Windy Mischief) AOR
  • 4 Flabébé BKT
  • 4 Floette FLF (Flower Veil)
  • 3 Venusaur-EX XY
  • 2 M Venusaur-EX XY
Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums: 32
  • 2 Professor's Letter
  • 2 Assault Vest
  • 2 Lysandre
  • 2 Escape Rope
  • 1 Brigette
  • 3 Evosoda
  • 2 Pokémon Center Lady
  • 3 Tierno
  • 1 Heavy Ball
  • 1 Weakness Policy
  • 2 Fairy Garden
  • 2 Switch
  • 2 Professor Birch's Observations
  • 1 Town Map
  • 2 Mega Turbo
  • 2 Professor Sycamore
  • 2 VS Seeker
Energy: 12
  • 3 Fairy Energy
  • 4 Herbal Energy
  • 5 Grass Energy
Strategy:

So, the idea is to get Venusaur out, evolved and powered up asap. Floette give Venusaur a boost to its already high HP, and with cards like Assult Vest, Herbal Energy and Pokémon Centre Lady Venusaur is kept alive for longer! If Venusaur gets in trouble an idea was to use switch for Whimsicott and transfer all its damage to an opponent.
But as you can probably guess, this deck is very slow and takes a long time to set up. My Venusaurs are usually KO'd before I get a chance to do anything else! The lack of grass energy acceleration and no spirit link for venusaur make it really hard to get it ready to attack.
Any advice?

Back