• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Vaporeon/Flareon/Starmie/Pidgeot Newbie Deck

PkmnTrainerAbram

Aspiring Trainer
This is a modified post of the same topic posted days ago. I was in a hurry to get it posted with as much info as possible but have reformated it and tweaked the deck itself.

This is a deck that uses cards from BW on down. It's mainly a deck I made for my sister using her favorite Pokemon though I wanted it to be good as well. We aren't concerned with following the legal Leauge format though we don't want to use cards below the DP sets, mainly because of superfical means and well, they are hard to find. I've had experience with the TCG before and just getting back into in competetively. Didn't think to use something like...dice to cleanly record damage back when playing in 2000-2001.

The point of the deck is to quickly find Flareon or Vaporeon using Trainer Cards and Pidgey's Messenger ability to get the flow of damage going quickly. Flareon is the main attacker while Vaporeon racks up residual damage with it's Dual Splash attack, putting pressure on the bench of the other player to use up resources and possible force switches. With Spiral Drain, it could possibly be used to stall to get a good card in the event that an unfavorable hand is dealt. Any other evo line is just there.

Since Flareon's Flamethrower discards one Energy per use, I need a way to get that energy back from the Discard Pile. That's why I got Flower Shop Lady, Burned Tower, and Fisherman in the decklist.

I don't have the proper Pidgeot(DP Secret Wonders) or Starmie(BW Next Destinies) cards I would like, yet, but I am going with them in this revision anyway as I expect them to arrive in the next few days.

Energies
- 1 Double Colorless Energy
- 1 Special Colorless Energy
- 8 Fire Energy
- 5 Water Energy

Pokemon
- 2 Staryu(HG)
- 2 Starmie(BW Next Destinies)

- 3 Vaporeon(Call of Legends)
- 3 Flareon(CoL)
- 4 Eevee(CoL)

3 Pidgey(CoL)