• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Expanded Vanilla Deluge (Blastoise / Vanilluxe)

foxerish

Aspiring Trainer
Hey guys! I've been playing this deck for a while and it works pretty well, but something still feels like missing. any suggestions?

Pokemon: 16
  • 2 Feebas (DRX)
  • 2 Milotic (DRX)
  • 3 Squirtle
  • 2 Wartortle
  • 1 Blastoise (Delude Ability)
  • 3 Vanillite
  • 2 Vanillish
  • 1 Vanilluxe (PLF)
Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums: 27
  • 3 Cilan
  • 3 Crushing Hammer
  • 2 Dive Ball
  • 2 Escape Rope
  • 2 Evosoda
  • 2 Fighting Fury Belt
  • 2 Fisherman
  • 2 Pokemon Center Lady
  • 3 Professor's Letter
  • 2 Rough Seas
  • 2 Skyla
  • 2 Wally
Energy: 17
  • 15 Water Energy
  • 2 Double Colorless Energy
Strategy:

Basically, I get both Vanilluxe and Blastoise in play and load Vanilluxe with energy. With just 4 energy it can KO most pokemon in play, except the fact it nees luck so I just throw more energy for more chances.I LOd Wailord EX in one shot with it :)

After reviewing your deck 2-3 times, I see a variety of issues, IMO:
  • Your energy-attachment acceleration "engine" is quite thin and subject to not functioning or being available (e.g., you are only running 1 Blastoise - this is woefully insufficient).
  • The main attacker, Vanilluxe, only has 130 HP which is quite easy to for opponents to 1HKO.
  • There is only 1 copy of Vanilluxe listed which represents reduced chances of game winning when this only copy is KOd.
  • Fighting Fury Belt is for Basic Pokemon and none of your attackers are Basic.
  • No Rare Candy is listed which makes your deck even slower to setup.
  • There are no card-draw Supporters; hence your setup is also very slow.
Following are some suggested deck changes for your review and consideration:

-2 Feebas - not critical
-2 Milotic - not critical and there are better secondary attackers
-1 Cilan - 2 should be sufficient
-3 Crushing Hammer - not really needed if you plan to 1HKO any/all opponent's Pokemon
-2 Escape Rope - Lysandre is more effective
-2 Evosoda - not critical
-2 Pokemon Center Lady - not critical
-2 Professor's Letter - 2 should be sufficient
-3 Water

+1 Blastoise (Deluge) - increases your chances of getting 1 into play
+2 Vanilluxe - more primary attackers
+2 Kyruem (Outrage) - great starting Pokemon, has good attacks and canbuy you time while you setup
+2 Dive Ball - more Pokemon search capability
+2 Colress - card-draw support
+2 Rare Candy
+4 Profesor Sycamore - card-draw support
+2 Ultra Ball - more Pokemon search capability, plus requires 2 cards discard (W energy for Fisherman later)
+3 VS Seeker - supporter recovery for reuse

You may also want to incorporate a Sacred Ash too.

I hope you find these comments helpful.

Thank you so much :)
I have only 1 Blastoise and Vanilluxe because that's all I have in my collection and I can't find a trade. I post trades but no one answers... How else do I get them without buying physical boosters?

I have only 1 Blastoise and Vanilluxe because that's all I have in my collection and I can't find a trade. I post trades but no one answers... How else do I get them without buying physical boosters?
You order the cards online for example tcg player.

I would also strongly suggest using proxies of any cards you might not currently have until you've tested your proposed deck. Keep testing and tweaking the deck until you are satisfied with your game results. Then try to get the actual remaining cards you need. There are also a number of websites where you can purchase individual cards in addition to any local card shop(s) near your location.

Back