Upcoming Official PokeBeach Tournament Announcement

What metagame should the Official Tournament use?

• Total voters

Pride

May I kill him?
There has been discussion among the contributors and moderators about the upcoming Official PokeBeach Tournament and what metagame should be run: BW or the new release of BW2. Between the few of us, however, we are very much divided between what we should do. So what better way to figure out what the community would prefer then to have a public poll to see what everyone would rather play! You can argue what you would like but be sure to keep all discussion civil.

Just to keep people people updated on why there was a divide, the BW voters thought that we need to give BW one last goodbye, while the BW2 voters thought that BW is outdated and we need to be consistent. Maybe if we did this before BW2 I could see why we should do BW, but it's not and BW2 has been out for around a month. By the time this tournament starts BW2 will be out for almost 1 1/2+ months.

If we really want to give BW a "goodbye", we should devote that to a regular tournament and not the biggest tournament on pb.

I would like everyone to think before voting/posting and try to eliminate any bias. "I don't like BW2" is poor reasoning. You shouldn't be judging your vote off just that and instead should be asking yourself what's better for the community as a whole.

I see some merit to giving BW a final salute, but at this point, there's no real reason. Like you said, BW2 has been out for a good while, and everybody should know the meta perfectly well by now. I'm all up for seeing the new BW2 threats in the tournament and how everyone deals with them.

Could we not just delay the official tournament, give one more BW tourney, and then maybe smaller BW2 events to transition into the Official Tourney as BW2?

BW 2. We are not doing BW. It will probably take another 3 weeks until we actually put this tournament into action, so we are going to be fully transitioned into BW2 by that point. It will be done on Pokemon Showdown because they have everything easily implemented. All the bugs will probably be fixed by that time.

I'd prefer BW2 because most people have already adapted to the new meta and it would be a pain for many players to go back and make teams, test ect.

I think either one would be nice, but I think many people have transitioned into BW2, which is why it might cause confusion for people who have been playing with BW2 for a while. I'd like to see some more small BW tournaments in the near future, but for the official tournament, we should try RBY OU BW2.

Zenith said:
will the tournament be in Showdown or Online?

We'll allow both and let players decide where they want to play their match.

Voted for BW2 because we're voting on most popular metagame anyway, not the best. If that was the case DPPt would have been added to the poll. :( I agree that by the time this is underway too many people will be used to BW2 to want to go back, even if I personally would prefer BW.

PDC said:
It will be done on Pokemon Showdown because they have everything easily implemented. All the bugs will probably be fixed by that time.

Lol'd.

I'd have to go with BW2. Even though I'm really not all that acquainted with the BW2 metagame, this tourney would help me out with that problem.

Dark Void said:
Voted for BW2 because we're voting on most popular metagame anyway, not the best. If that was the case DPPt would have been added to the poll. :( I agree that by the time this is underway too many people will be used to BW2 to want to go back, even if I personally would prefer BW.

in the contributors forum, I voted for DPP UU. But noooooooooooooo we have to do a BW or BW2 OU tier instead :p

Heh, I'd totally be down for an official tournament in DPPT again. No idea why though

Equinox said:
Lol'd.

I'd have to go with BW2. Even though I'm really not all that acquainted with the BW2 metagame, this tourney would help me out with that problem.

Can't help but notice you did vote for BW though =P

After, taking a long hard look at the BW2 metagame my mind and thoughts has changed . I think an Official BW2 tournament would make this community grow and shift metagames smoothly . I think the metagame isn't OP it's just has a small amount of incredibly strong pokemon. Yes, if you don't play smart then some pokemon can dominate your team , but the BW metagmae is outdated and not '' exciting '' anymore. Maybe , a smaller tournament to say good-bye to BW . Anyhow, my vote has swayed and now...

R-C's vote goes to BW2

- R-C

Honestly, I think we should give this tournament to BW. If we wait 3 weeks for people to play BW2, it won't be fair since some will play more than others. Either way, everyone already knows how BW works, it won't be a true testament of skill if you match up 1 player who hasn't played as much bw2 as another. It looks like BW2 is going to win the poll anyway, so whatever.

Back