• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Unlimited Articuno ex/Pidgeot energy denial deck

birdboy2000

Bird Keeper
Pokemon (14):

4 Pidgey (Triumphant)
2 Pidgeot (Triumphant)
2 Pidgeot (EX Fire Red/Leaf Green)
4 Articuno ex (EX Fire Red/Leaf Green)
2 Regigigas (Legends Awakened #37 - the Gigaton punch one)

Trainers (30):

4 Rare Candy
2 Junk Arm
4 Professor Oak
4 Computer Search
4 Super Energy Removal
4 Gust of Wind
2 Nightly Garbage Run
4 Energy Removal
2 Gold Berry

Energy (16):
2 Call Energy
10 Water Energy
4 Double Colorless Energy

The object of this deck is to deny the opponent the use of their energy. Energy removals and super energy removals are used in conjunction with Articuno ex's Cold Crush attack (discard one to make opponent discard one, 50 damage for two water and a colorless) to prevent the opponent from getting anything going. Low-energy attackers instead (at least in theory) are targeted by Triumphant Pidgeot, whose headwind attack increases the energy requirements of the opponent, but does a paltry 20 damage. Gusts are also used, for when benched pokemon are powered up or just as a free prize. Quick Search Pidgeot allows the use of the entire deck, and Regigigas is there to either sponge damage or deal some out, because Articuno ex isn't much of a heavy hitter.

(Incidentally, Articuno and Pidgeot are my two favorite pokemon. It's intended to be a fun deck that combines the two, but it's worked against the people I've played - not that they're necessarily the best out there. I have no counter for Mewperior, and I wonder if I should even try, but my other losses have at least been close games.)

I've been playing for years, but off and on, so I'm sure there are plenty of excellent cards I missed. I welcome any advice.

Lost removers would work in this deck. They're a trainer from call of legends that let you remove one special energy from a Pokemon and puts it in the lost zone. You would run 2-3 of them but idk what to tell you to take out because I'm nit sure what some of the cards do from older sets. But seems like a really annoying deck but in a good way lol. Good luck

Lost zone is certainly better than the discard, because you can't recover cards from it, but special energy are already hard to recover I think, and pretty much all decks I've played so far rely primarily on basic energies, which that card can't touch.

(Then again, if there is an unlimited metagame, I'm not familiar with it. So maybe special energies are used more there?)

Thanks for offering advice, though!

Back