UNBELIEVABLE FACTS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chansey/Blissey can learn Brick Break, Bulldoze, Blizzard, Charge Beam, Dream Eater, Dynamic Punch, Earthquake, Endeavor, Endure, Fire Blast, Fire Punch, Flamethrower, Flash, Fling, Focus Punch, Giga Impact, Grass Knot, Gravity, Growl, Hail, Hyper Beam, Ice Punch, Icy Wind, Ice Beam, Incinerate, Iron Tail, Light Screen, Last Resort, Mega Kick, Mega Punch, Mus Bomb, Mud Slap, Present, Psychic, Rain Dance, Rock Climb, Rock Slide, Rock Smash, Rock Tomb, Rollout, Sandstorm, Shadow Ball, Shock Wave, Snatch, Snore, Solarbeam, Sunny Day, Stealth Rock, Thunder, Thunder Wave, Thunderpunch, Thunderbolt, Water Pulse, Wild Charge, and Zen Headbutt.

Yes, I assembled that list myself.

The longest a person has stayed awake has been for 11 days.

The"Most Typical Person" is han chinese, male, 28 years old, has a cellphone, but doesn't have a bank account.

That's all of the honest ones I have. If you want some fakes ones, just ask.

The nursery rhyme "Ring Around the Rosey" is a rhyme about the Black Plague. Infected people with the plague would get red circular sores ("Ring around the Rosey"), these sores would smell very badly so common folks would put flowers on their bodies (inconspicuously), so that it would cover the smell of the sores ("a pocket full of posies"). Furthermore, people who died from the plague would be burned so as to reduce the possible spread of the disease ("ashes, ashes, we all fall down").

How cheery

Rhyhorn was the first pokemon ever created. Also, Mew was the first registered ( copyrighted) pokemon, and it was copyrighted, before the name "Pokemon" was copyrighted.

The ends of the names of Articuno, Zapdos and Moltres together reads uno, dos, tres (Spanish for 1,2,3).

Dialga is the only dragon pokemon not to be weak to dragon

Deoxys is a DNA pokemon, and DNA has the same letters as the first letter of each of its forms Defense, Normal and Attack.

Bayleef, Quilava and Croconaw can be caught in pokemon colosseum, making them the only catchable starters.

Gengar was the first pokemon to be shown on the anime.

Rotom is motor spelt backwards

When poliwag evolves into poliwhirl, its swirl changes direction

Ruby, Sapphire and Emerald have the same first letters as Raikou, Suicune and Entai.

All the playable trainers in the games wear head ware(hat/bandanna).

Every pokemon movie contains legendary pokemon.

Lugia is the guardian of the sea, but isn't a water type.

Mega punch and mega kick give the impression of fighting but are actually normal type moves.

venonat was originally supposed to evolve into butterfree

Jynx, Electabuzz and Magmar were origninally going to be the Artincuno, Zapdos and Moltres of Kanto but this was changed at last minute

Bulbasaur is the only starter that has two types( basic stage obv)

i just cant stop lol

Whoah, The Jynx/Magmar/Electabuzz thing is intense. I also kinda doubt it. Okay so get ready for this:

Cubone is Kangaskan's baby, they have similar designs. Also, Cubone's Pokédex entry says that when it's mother dies, it wears her skull on it's head (Kangaskan is the mother).
The evolution was supposed to be:
Cubone > ? > Kangaskhan
But Pokémon decided it was too creepy, so they brushed the middle stage under the digital carpet by just not giving it a dex number.
When you glitch the game, you encounter Missingno., eventually Missingno. EVOLVES IN TO KANGASKAN

Sorry this is so horribly written, but I'm sure you can understand it. Most of you have probably already heard it anyhow.

Oh but ALSO,

Pikachu's dex number is 25, Meowth's is 52, they're opposites (cat and mouse), and they're rivals in the video game.

Oh and Hitmonchan's dex number is the weight of an old punchout character.

Wobbuffet is the only fully evolved Pokemon that can't learn any TMs

- Illumise is the only Pokemon in Generation 3 whose name starts with the letter I

- Rock Throw is the only physical Rock attack with no secondary effect

Tracey replaced Brock during the Orange Islands because the artists thought Brock was racist. Brock came back when no one cared. This is an interview with the former anime director and storyboard artist Masamitsu Hidaka for proof: http://bit.ly/9rTW8l

- Pachirisu is the only Pokemon without any evolutionary stages allowed in Amity Square

- The Nidorino that appears in Professor Oak's introduction in Red and Blue has the cry of a Nidorina

- Hippopotas and Hippowdon are currently the only Pokemon whose male and female sprites use completely different colors

- Every Spinda has a unique pattern of spots. In-game, there are exactly 4,294,967,296 possible outcomes (Not counting shiny).

- In-game, Caterpie and Goldeen have the exact same cry.

- Every Electric-type Gym Leader has light-colored hair. They are also the only leaders to wear military-styled clothes

- Mew can learn Attract and Captivate despite being genderless. However, it always fails unless the opponent is also genderless

- There has never been a bug-type Pokemon that can learn Fly or Surf

- Porygon (as well as its evolutions) have never appearead again in the Anime after the infamous "seizure episode"

- Lorelei was the only Elite 4 member in R/B/Y to not have two of the same Pokemon.

- The move waterfall was first introduced as an HM in G/S/C, but it was naturally learnable by Goldeen in R/B/Y

- Oak was intended to be a trainer in RB. Leftover data says that Oak would use Tauros, Exeggutor, Arcanine, Gyarados, and a Starter(sounds like a rival????)

- Any Unown can be caught with a guaranteed chance when using a Dusk Ball or a Repeat Ball (and the Master Ball)

- Porygon 2 is the only 2nd gen. Pokemon never to have appeared in the anime.

- When the show was first being planned, Ash was originally going to be given a Clefairy. It was switched out at the last minute with Pikachu.( bwahahahah! that would of been funnnnnnyyyyyyy!!!)

antler the hunter said:
if a lady bug was the size of a greyhound, it would be the most dangerous animal on the planet

If a ladybug were the size of a greyhound, assuming it was scaled up proportionally, its weight would crush it's puny legs.

As for a random unbelievable fact, Tornadoes actually don't blow your house over. What happens is, a tornado creates an extremely low pressure on the outside of your house. Because the air pressure in your house stays the same, the air pressure in your house is now multiple times higher than the pressure outside (due to the tornado.) So your house actually explodes outwards.

first off, animals adapt to body conditions, so it would still stand.
another one is that pigs wil eat humans if they can! (vegence for eating bacon)

HypnoticLuxray said:
Gadsby is the only novel (267 pages, 50,000 words), written in 1939 by Ernest Vincent Wright, without the use of letter "E".

I have two books in my mind that broke this Gadsby fact. Unwind by Neal Shusterman, and Four Past Midnight by Stephen King. Unwind I know reached 300+ pages, and FPM was 744 pages. Am I a mythbuster?

Because I know the ladybug=greyhound is a mindbuster. Good one.

~AoH

ramsey1993 said:
Acid is the only Poison-type move that cannot poison

Kingdra can rotate its head 360 degrees.

1. How about Gastro Acid?
2. Where was that?

~AoH

antler the hunter said:
first off, animals adapt to body conditions, so it would still stand.
another one is that pigs wil eat humans if they can! (vegence for eating bacon)

It takes time to adapt. If you drop a fish from your fish bowl at home into the ocean by the north pole, it will die. Over TIME, it might adapt, but instantly, it would not. Same with the lady bug.

Random fact: There is literally a 1 in a million shot of being a starter/backup position in the NBA. If you think about it:
There are 32 (i think?) teams in the NBA. So that means 5 starters, 5 backups. 10 per team. 10 players X 32 teams = 320.

There are roughly 320 million people in the US today. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back