Umm, the front page... WTF?

pokebeach4.jpg

http://www.pokebeach.com/forums/thread-1-digitially-remastered-%E2%80%98mewtwo-strikes-back%E2%80%99-airing-tomorrow-at-8-30-am-1-3?pid=2575962#pid2575962

Maybe WPM was up late one night making calls and searching the web, looking for a programmer. He started to get tired, and a little delirious. His eyes were red from staring at the screen so long.
He looked in his mirror. He saw red eyes looking back at him. The next day, the "red eyed kid" a figment of WPMs imagination was hired to be pokebeach's programmer of legend.

So basically, WPM's gone full crazy.

Wow, that kid is mentioned all over the place. Doesn't seem like people really noticed until now.

Angelo, did you see anything like this with the word's "Who's that pokemon?" before you got to the special page?

Who_sthatpokemon1.jpg

At this point, I'm led to believe that Angelo isn't actually a real user, and was actually created by WPM as a part of this mystery which may or may not just be a huge trolling scheme. "Angelo" joined April 1, and has only made 12 posts, all of which are in this same thread.

I rest my case.

Angelo said:
Cobalt Phoenix said:
Did you notice the URL of the new window? I mean, why go through the trouble of hitting F5 hundreds of times if we can get a direct link? If you don't remember it, it'll probably be in your history...

That was the first thing I did. -_- The page is 404'd now.

I had a sneaking suspicion this was all a giant ruse from the get go. I posted the first post at 1:42 am last night: At 1:45, I added a message to my profile inbox here. And look at that, I was (almost) correct. "I'm guessing Angelo "conveniently" deleted his history, lol."

TwistedTurtwig said:
At this point, I'm led to believe that Angelo isn't actually a real user, and was actually created by WPM as a part of this mystery which may or may not just be a huge trolling scheme. "Angelo" joined April 1, and has only made 12 posts, all of which are in this same thread.

I rest my case.

*slow clap*

*very slow clap*

It's true, I'm that obvious. Also I apparently live in Singapore going by Angelo's IP.

Can confirm, the IPs do not match. Though I could be on it too. :O

Either Professorlight is aware of what's really going on in here, or it's just jealous that he(or she, I never knew for sure. :/) didn't thought about it first. XD

TwistedTurtwig said:

I rest my case.

Ha, the same thought went through my head.

But, it would make sense that Angelo made his account when this all started. Some one sees something strange, they need to ask about it, so they make an account and ask. And I doubt the red eye'd guy is just a big trolling scheme since it's been going on for more than half a year now.

or.....WPM IS HIDING BEHIND PROXIES!! WE SHOULD RIOT!!

Water Pokémon Master said:
It's true, I'm that obvious. Also I apparently live in Singapore going by Angelo's IP.

Au contraire, WPM... if it really is you, it's a good plan, precisely because it's obvious.

If it's not, then... well, you can see why it is suspicious, right?

Luispipe8 said:
Either Professorlight is aware of what's really going on in here, or it's just jealous that he(or she, I never knew for sure. :/) didn't thought about it first. XD

Oh, I assure you, I don't have a clue about what's going on around here. I would like to know, however (WPM hint, hint?).

But I didn't mention anything, and I think I wasn't the only one, because of what I say up here; it's inconsequential. Either WPM (or the mods) are using a puppet account to pass on clues to what they have been working since a long time ago, or angelo is real (which is possible, as well) and just stopped by becasue of curiosity.

Ah HA, all roads lead back to Portugal! Oh, wait...

Pikapwn said:
And I doubt the red eye'd guy is just a big trolling scheme since it's been going on for more than half a year now.

Oh yeah certainly not, I don't know the last time a WPM riddle didn't result in something fairly-sorta big (Secret Soon doesn't count, the banner was the only thing done before the new theme went live--the big thread was safariblade's doing). But one or two "fake" accounts made by staff to subtly push things along is in the realm of possibility, I'd say.

Probably safe to say you aren't a fake account, Pikapwn. I don't know who would go through the trouble of labeling this image's creator as <probably real name that I'm preeetty sure isn't a mod's name>.

Going back to our main hint:

@pokebeach_wpm said:
The avocado tree I planted a year ago has a bunch of babies all over it!! The flowers bloomed into avocados!

1) Avocados are green. Green objects have been used to refer to moderators in the past (see again: My Fish Died).
2) I don't know if I'm allowed to say this (so edit me if need be) but I don't think the staff was doing anything in particular circa 12 months ago. I don't know, maybe Elite Stride was made smod, or maybe we were working on various forum projects or something, but nothing super-totally-groundbreaking that would relate to this.
3) "Babies" -- There seemed to be a lot of staff departures last year, and a lot of "young blood" that came in to replace them. Still don't know if that staff rotation has anything to do with something WPM did 12 months ago--that's all really handled by SR now.
4) No idea about the flowers... Junior mods haven't been a thing for a while, unless you count mods-in-training, which aren't like the hugest thing ever.

This whole thing would be really much just to be a forum thing, unless we're getting a new theme (unlikely, this one took like 3 years to make and is very serviceable).

professorlight said:
Now it closed its eyes. Good.

http://pokebeach.com/images/header/0213-pokemon-x-y2.jpg

Also note the "2" at the end of the filename.

I'm curious as to why xerneas is applied as a PNG while the rest of the header (including yveltal) is applied as a jpg. This doesn't mean anything, of course, but it just gets my OCD all crazy.

http://pokebeach.com/images/header/0213-pokemon-x-y.jpg

Incase someone hasn't seen it.

The avocado tree has nothing to do with anything. I just posted a picture of it because I was excited and everyone tells me to use my Twitter more.

The shadow man closed his eyes so he wouldn't have to look at the crap in this thread.

The avocado tree has nothing to do with anything. I just posted a picture of it because I was excited and everyone tells me to use my Twitter more.

WELL THAT WAS SOME EXCELLENT TIMING

PG24 said:
The shadow man closed his eyes so he wouldn't have to look at the crap in this thread.

frown.gif

TwistedTurtwig said:
"Angelo" joined April 1, and has only made 12 posts, all of which are in this same thread.

What does that prove? Are you looking at members in every thread? I am. That has happened before, so why should it not happen again?

RE: Umm, the front page... WTF?...

SotS said:
No?

Everything's normal on my end.

Also April Fool's is today, so expect everything to be annoying.

Except Minecraft.
You mean that villager thing?

Back