• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Umbreon/Zoroark (Quick Help Please)

PlinfaTheBest

Plinfa means Piplup in German!
Hey guys,

I need your advice on a decklist for a tournament tomorrow. I have settled down on Umbreon/Zoroark, but I'm still debating whether I should play some of the cards. First, I'll give you my list:

Pokemon (19)
4-3 Umbreon GX (SUM)
1 Flareon (AOR)
3-3-2 Zoroark BREAK (BKT)
1 Tapu Lele GX (GUR)
1 Oranguru (SUM)
1 Tauros GX (SUM)
Trainers (31)
4 Professor Sycamore
3 N
2 Lysandre
1 Professor Kukui
1 Hex Maniac
1 Brigette

4 VS Seeker
4 Ultra Ball
4 Choice Band
2 Float Stone
1 Field Blower
1 Super Rod
1 Special Charge

2 Altar of the Moone

Energy (10)
6 Darkness Energy - Basic
4 Double Colorless Energy - Basic

So the main strategy is just beatdown with Umbreon GX and Zoroark BREAK. Choice Band helps me achieve higher numbers, the rest of the cards should explain themselves.
I'm still unsure mostly on Tauros GX (used as a wall and Glaceon EX check) and Brigette (do I need her for my setup?). I would like to run more Basic Energy, a 3rd Altar of the Moone or a 4th N. What do you think?
The deck is mostly composed for a local League Cup with a diverse metagame. We have some Vileplume variants (mostly Decidueye), Garbodor variants and a few other ones (Vikavolt/Tapu Bulu, Volcanion, another Umbreon, M-Alakazam EX and some more).

EDIT: Please don't suggest to add more Tapu Lele GX or Shaymin EX. I only have access to this one copy (hence the Oranguru is not likely to be cut).

Thank you for your suggestions
PlinfaTheBest

Oh my, sorry no one got back to you before your tournament. :( However, I have been hyping this deck and have started testing it and I love it. I have only a few suggestions to make:

Replace the Tauros with the Tapu Koko Promo or the Revelation Dance Oricorio, or the Oranguru and Tauros with both suggestions. 2 Altars is nice, but I have been playing just 1 with 2 Reverse Valleys for that +10 damage. You can play 1 less Break for 1 more, idk maybe an energy or Multi Switch, but that's all preference. Sorry again for no one getting back to you and Good Luck on the next tournament!!

...I'm still unsure mostly on Tauros GX (used as a wall and Glaceon EX check)...
From my experience, I only run Tauros GX in decks that have several, "high" HP, Basic Pokémon that I can Ninja Boy to a Tauros GX for a "surprise" KO attack. In your particular case, I would consider your Tauros GX not that important to your overall deck strategy and could replaced by higher priority cards. By the way, Zoroark BREAK is a great "wall" to Glaceon EX.

...I'm still unsure mostly on... Brigette (do I need her for my setup?).
Have you considered running Winona instead? This Supporter can search and get up to 3 Colorless Pokémon. This could be quite useful IF you decide to keep the Tauros GX too in your list. Otherwise, consider replacing the Bridgette and 1 Ultra Ball with 2 Level Ball.

...I would like to run more Basic Energy, a 3rd Altar of the Moone or a 4th N. What do you think?
I'd think more D energy has higher priority than a 3rd Altar of the Moone which will be a potential target by your opponent's Field Blower or a 4th N (with 4 Professor Sycamore, 3 N, 1 Professor Kukui and Oranguru should provide sufficient card-draw power, IMO). Further, your Zoroark with an attached Float Stone "overlaps" Altar of the Moone somewhat in that it can definitely help with retreating your Active Pokémon.

The deck is mostly composed for a local League Cup with a diverse metagame. We have some Vileplume variants (mostly Decidueye), Garbodor variants and a few other ones (Vikavolt/Tapu Bulu, Volcanion, another Umbreon, M-Alakazam EX and some more).
Have you ever considered incorporating an Espeon EX in order to devolve opponents' Pokémon for KO(s) after you've spread damage for a while?

I hope these comments help.

Back